Toulouse

NWDuk

2 hours ago, Raiderfan79 said:

Terrible result not scored a try in 3 of our games upto now

I agree. Looks bleak.

However......

If you look below, a bit better defence definately wins us two of those games and puts us back in the mix in the Rochdale game. This was proven vs Batley at home. 

Defence wins theses games that everyone sees as the "target games" Granted York is an ugly blip but if the defence gets the better of a team we get more ball so have more chances etc etc... 

Our half backs and imaginative players arent filling me with confidence, but (and exscuse me for using a football metaphor...) 

Andy Cole.. seen as one of man utds best ever strikers was at best average... but he got 15/20 chances a game, (due to the excellent defence keeping the 0 at the other end) and the team being at the right end of the field, therefore he could miss 80% of the chances and Man U dont suffer. They win 2-0 or similar and looks like mr cole is a hero.

Again this in an opinion,

If together as a team We (Barrow) cut out the basic errors and silly penalties we defend less tackles

Defending less tackles allows the players to have more intensity and energy in the tackles they generally have to do.

Only defending one set before getting the ball back (instead of the efforts on efforts the team are currently doing) gives the half backs and the likes many many more chances to create and inevitably score more points (Andy Cole esk) 

I hope that makes sense but if the defence and discipline gets better we definately will win more games, and to date would have won two more too. 

Sheffield.... lost with a hooter penalty

Dewsbury ... very late penalty

I agree we are a little unimaginative at the moment, but sort the above out in my opinion and we'll get the mid tabke the board want.

Combined we are 3 tries away from 3 more wins looking at the stats.... we are not far away. 

Just a thought again but hope makes sense

20190316_184604.jpg

19 minutes ago, B4RR0W said:

I agree. Looks bleak.

However......

If you look below, a bit better defence definately wins us two of those games and puts us back in the mix in the Rochdale game. This was proven vs Batley at home. 

Defence wins theses games that everyone sees as the "target games" Granted York is an ugly blip but if the defence gets the better of a team we get more ball so have more chances etc etc... 

Our half backs and imaginative players arent filling me with confidence, but (and exscuse me for using a football metaphor...) 

Andy Cole.. seen as one of man utds best ever strikers was at best average... but he got 15/20 chances a game, (due to the excellent defence keeping the 0 at the other end) and the team being at the right end of the field, therefore he could miss 80% of the chances and Man U dont suffer. They win 2-0 or similar and looks like mr cole is a hero.

Again this in an opinion,

If together as a team We (Barrow) cut out the basic errors and silly penalties we defend less tackles

Defending less tackles allows the players to have more intensity and energy in the tackles they generally have to do.

Only defending one set before getting the ball back (instead of the efforts on efforts the team are currently doing) gives the half backs and the likes many many more chances to create and inevitably score more points (Andy Cole esk) 

I hope that makes sense but if the defence and discipline gets better we definately will win more games, and to date would have won two more too. 

Sheffield.... lost with a hooter penalty

Dewsbury ... very late penalty

I agree we are a little unimaginative at the moment, but sort the above out in my opinion and we'll get the mid tabke the board want.

Combined we are 3 tries away from 3 more wins looking at the stats.... we are not far away. 

Just a thought again but hope makes sense

20190316_184604.jpg

Thought the defence had improved against Widnes and there was signs of what we are capable of in attack in the last 20 mins .Never going to win in France did Carter play ?

It did in parts 1st half although penalties were high again but Widnes were poor in attack 1st half with that wind..... although  we conceded 20 points in 40 minutes 2nd half so it wasnt all that great. 

Jake Carter was on the bench. 

Averaging 19 points per game is enough to win a game in our league..... if the defence is good

Average conceding of 30 is not enough. 

As I try and allude too these figures are not poles apart from where we need to be to win games. 

But things have to take an upturn next week ... a sharp, agressive, disciplined, keen upturn 

1 win in 7 either way you look at it thats poor form we just better hope there is 2 teams worse than us the sheffield an dewsbury games were probably down as target wins an rochdale away was a possible target win so 6 points there an we got 1 if we dont beat swinton then we are in trouble 

1 hour ago, wonderofwood said:

Lost 4 players in the first half due to injury . Heard Smith has fractured his jaw !! Your squad is again looking threadbear

At one point we were playing with 11 players!

7 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

Lost 4 players in the first half due to injury . Heard Smith has fractured his jaw !! Your squad is again looking threadbear

Double cheekbone fracture apparently. Things go from bad to worse.

Archived