Widnes Vikings

Batley Bob

1 hour ago, bromleybulldog said:

Looking at the video, all three Widnes tries came through missed tackles by Smeaton. A hard weeks tackling practice  needed, I think

Maybe, but I think two of those he needed help which didn't arrive. What we don't see on the video are the many tackles he did make in the bottom corner in the first half. Thinking ahead, my preferred centre pairing would be Wood and Brearley!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was proud of each and every one of them, they all played their socks off.  Hopefully, this is the sign of things coming together a little bit now.  Either way, that must have provided a massive boost in confidence and motivation, which can only be a positive.

1 hour ago, Tony smeaton said:

So what your saying is if Sam didn’t play we would have won 20-0 

what a load of bull 

if Sam wood played we would have won 40-0 with his 3 try’s 

People are entitled to their opinions whether you agree with them or not. If seeing them on here bothers you, then don't come on, it's not worth the emotion. 

On 06/04/2019 at 05:52, Keep The Faith said:

Everett and either brev or Yates will miss out 

gelling up against smeaton will be fun to watch 

All 3 players had good games I hear,in fact I heard that Everett had his best game in a Batley shirt. 

Great win that??back down to earth with a Big Bang good Friday though ?

3 minutes ago, graham fisher said:

All 3 players had good games I hear,in fact I heard that Everett had his best game in a Batley shirt. 

Great win that??back down to earth with a Big Bang good Friday though ?

Yes they did... hopefully not good Friday as we owe you from 2017... and if step up again we won’t be stopped 

well we knew they had it in em for sure, cracking game and we were back to the fighting spirit that comes out now and again, hope we kick on and play some a same stuff, cant knock anyone a them lads they played their hearts out in last 15 to show just what they can do, and thats without brownie and dom so who knows whats to come in next few weeks, dare to dream as a dog for day were brill.?

Before we go completely overboard with this win, I think we should bear in mind that Widnes were without 5 or 6 potential players due to injury.  In fact the first thing that struck me when they entered the field was their apparent lack of bulk and the number of young looking players.  Having said that you can only play against what is in front of you and on the day the whole Batley team got to grips with what is needed in these matches and worked their socks off.  Now they have shown they can do it they must show that they can repeat it.

On 12/04/2019 at 08:38, Batley Bob said:

I'm not sure how doable this would be, but it would help fans to understand some of the team selections each week, if we could see these stats for all of the players.

Smeaton has been bagged for weeks, but I would be very surprised if his workload in terms of these stats was much different to Downs'. 

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

Smeaton has been bagged for weeks, but I would be very surprised if his workload in terms of these stats were much different to Downs'. 

I couldn't agree more regarding Smeaton. He never shies away from doing the hard work, often giving the props a rest by taking the ball in. 

Archived