Leigh v Widnes

Robin Evans

2 hours ago, Fev1983 said:

It goes to show that the top 5 hopefuls didn't give a sh*t about it, wh an extra (no importance) game could be the difference between 2/3/4 place for us and them.

no not leigh bad enough aston at wembley without having beumont there as well

Thought it was a cracking game and best game of the weekend .

Glad Leigh lost as now they can focus on the league.

And knock Toronto off their perch.

It's building up to be a great finish to the season.

12 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Are you looking forward to your cup final this coming weekend Coolie? Lol

Your only saying that mate to cover your a.rse just in case we turn you over lol

Apparently were fielding an under strength team...gotta give you a chance.

Our seasons done so the cue is on the rack,so best your gonna get this season is

Featherstone 1 Dewsbury Rams 1

Pre season games don't count lol

Cya Sunday ??????

Only saying that to cover my a-se my ar-e!! Lol. Iam saying it because it is your cup final (well after Batley) you always seem to raise your game for us lol. One of the best away days for Fev, close, good ground and decent supporters. 

2 hours ago, MADREDNIGE said:

Only saying that to cover my a-se my ar-e!! Lol. Iam saying it because it is your cup final (well after Batley) you always seem to raise your game for us lol. One of the best away days for Fev, close, good ground and decent supporters. 

Likewise mate

You come in numbers,enjoy our hospitality,and bring some noise

Despite the banter there always great games whether is a drop goal from Kevin curruthers or a penalty goal from Stuart Dickins to pinch the points

No doubt another page of history will be written regarding our clashes.

Enjoy....but not too much ??

18 minutes ago, coolie said:

Likewise mate

You come in numbers,enjoy our hospitality,and bring some noise

Despite the banter there always great games whether is a drop goal from Kevin curruthers or a penalty goal from Stuart Dickins to pinch the points

No doubt another page of history will be written regarding our clashes.

Enjoy....but not too much ??

I remember that Stuart Dickens game. I'd packed Rugby in on the last day of 95 before Super League started, Oldham April 95 was it for me. 

11 years later I was a loose end one Sunday and Featherstone had dropped to what was Division 3. They had a pre season friendly v Wakefield. I'd just joined this forum and was getting a little bit sentimental with regards to Rovers. 

I went to the friendly and Rovers did okay. I was shocked at how the game had changed, but I found that I'd rekindled a little interest. Anyway I digress, the Dewsbury game was the first away game I'd gone to since that fateful Halifax game in 95.

If I remember correctly it was April 2006 Rovers against the odds took a substantial lead around the half time interval. It was something like 4 tries to 1. Josh Weedon, just back from injury was having a blinder. After half time Dewsbury staged a remarkable comeback and Francis Maloney scored a drop goal that looked to have won Dewsbury the game. Rovers kicked to Dewsbury who were in possesion with 30 seconds to go. I then saw something that I'd never seen before or since in 45 years of being interested in RL. Dewsbury were about 40 metres from their own line with 1 tackle left. Referee Colin Morris in his final game (as far as I can remember) penalised Dewsbury for supposedly delaying the play the ball.

Stuart kicked the goal and Rovers, who'd had a torrid start to the season came away with a hugely improbable and ultimately bizarre victory. 

Dewsbury subsequently comfortably won automatic promotion that season but not before Rovers put them to the sword in the corresponding fixture at POR that August. 

AV

7 minutes ago, Andrew Vause said:

I remember that Stuart Dickens game. I'd packed Rugby in on the last day of 95 before Super League started, Oldham April 95 was it for me. 

11 years later I was a loose end one Sunday and Featherstone had dropped to what was Division 3. They had a pre season friendly v Wakefield. I'd just joined this forum and was getting a little bit sentimental with regards to Rovers. 

I went to the friendly and Rovers did okay. I was shocked at how the game had changed, but I found that I'd rekindled a little interest. Anyway I digress, the Dewsbury game was the first away game I'd gone to since that fateful Halifax game in 95.

If I remember correctly it was April 2006 Rovers against the odds took a substantial lead around the half time interval. It was something like 4 tries to 1. Josh Weedon, just back from injury was having a blinder. After half time Dewsbury staged a remarkable comeback and Francis Maloney scored a drop goal that looked to have won Dewsbury the game. Rovers kicked to Dewsbury who were in possesion with 30 seconds to go. I then saw something that I'd never seen before or since in 45 years of being interested in RL. Dewsbury were about 40 metres from their own line with 1 tackle left. Referee Colin Morris in his final game (as far as I can remember) penalised Dewsbury for supposedly delaying the play the ball.

Stuart kicked the goal and Rovers, who'd had a torrid start to the season came away with a hugely improbable and ultimately bizarre victory. 

Dewsbury subsequently comfortably won automatic promotion that season but not before Rovers put them to the sword in the corresponding fixture at POR that August. 

AV

Yes it was Colin Morris last ever game

And never recovered from the mistake he made that day, good ref throughout his career but that took off a little of the tarnish.

And he's still not welcome back at the Rams

Not that we hold a grudge lol

20 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

Well..... i kind of pop up fairly regularly on this forum Steve..... me posting on here isn't a surprise 

But especially when you've lost, yes!??

Keep looking out for you at our Fev matches Robin , but not seen you , are you well ?

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Keep looking out for you at our Fev matches Robin , but not seen you , are you well ?

I've missed a good batch of the season with a broken arm (fell over on the Toulouse trip) but made the Leigh game. I dislike crowd segregation....

Hope all is good owd cock.

On 28/07/2019 at 21:59, coolie said:

Thought it was a cracking game and best game of the weekend .

It's building up to be a great finish to the season.....

Best game of the weekend Coolie was Dewsbury winning at Rochdale on the rainy side (!!!) of the hill. Now above Batley for once. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

11 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

I've missed a good batch of the season with a broken arm (fell over on the Toulouse trip) but made the Leigh game. I dislike crowd segregation....

Hope all is good owd cock.

' Hissed ' ? ?

21 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

You are well known for a liking of the French way of life.

This includes their food and wine.

Proper sober ????

LOL

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

My thoughts as well ?

Fortunately, i had an independent witness racing to attest to my sobriety i see!!!!???

Archived