St Helens Final Tickets.

Just now, Man of Kent said:

Widnes have an initial allocation of 3500 tickets. Seems pessimistic to me. Sheffield have block 118.

It always surprises me the relatively low numbers that form initial allocations. I suppose plenty of people order direct from the RFL where you can select your seat.

Interesting to note that Widnes say they will get 25% of income from direct sales.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, Mr Frisky said:

Yep the public in the south do love an occasion.

I attended a RU club league game at Wembley about 4 or 5 years ago and there was about 85K there (Quinns v Sarries I think). Most of the people around me didn't know much about Rugby or even new any players but as the RU did a great job of publicising the game they came out in numbers.

I was board stiff by the way - awful sport to watch.

I wonder how the RFL are going chasing these prospective attendees that exist in and around London? Surely this should be starting to happen now we know the finalists. There is a couple of methods...

1) Historical database/members/ouRLeague subscribers etc. These are all existing customers and should be the cheapest group to market to as you have their contact details. Email, post, etc.

2) New attendees. Media buys, social media advertising, google advertising etc. When I was looking at the rugby-league.com website (on another topic) I noticed that the RFL generate very little traffic to their website from paid digital advertising historically. I wonder why... my understanding is their main ticket purchases for neutrals would be through this website? If so, it indicates very very little is being spent on digital marketing. As of today, there is zero traffic being generated from digital ads...

Perhaps we are reliant on non-digital methods...??

12 minutes ago, tiffers said:

1) Historical database/members/ouRLeague subscribers etc. These are all existing customers and should be the cheapest group to market to as you have their contact details. Email, post, etc.

Something's gone wrong with the RFL database for this, I think.

Either that or it's personal.

I'm both a historical ticket buyer and GDPR compliant box-ticker to be contacted via OurLeague.

I can't remember the last time I had an RFL promotional email.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

39 minutes ago, tiffers said:

I wonder how the RFL are going chasing these prospective attendees that exist in and around London? Surely this should be starting to happen now we know the finalists. There is a couple of methods...

2) New attendees. Media buys, social media advertising, google advertising etc. When I was looking at the rugby-league.com website (on another topic) I noticed that the RFL generate very little traffic to their website from paid digital advertising historically. I wonder why... my understanding is their main ticket purchases for neutrals would be through this website? If so, it indicates very very little is being spent on digital marketing. As of today, there is zero traffic being generated from digital ads...

Perhaps we are reliant on non-digital methods...??

Where did you find the stats on traffic sources?

- Adepto Successu Per Tributum Fuga -

7 hours ago, Dave T said:

This plan shows that lower tier behind the sticks was £26-31 for that first game 10 years ago.

£50 now.

https://www.warringtonguardian.co.uk/sport/4536208.warrington-wolves-fans-wembley-tickets-coach-and-train-travel-hotel-package/

Good research Dave  we sat near the back of 111 that year and great seats for £40.  Looking at the link it shows different pricing within the same blocks.  So I suppose lower down it was cheaper.  Still for a final, pricing is reasonable compared to other showcase finals.

17 minutes ago, Tiger Wolf said:

Good research Dave  we sat near the back of 111 that year and great seats for £40.  Looking at the link it shows different pricing within the same blocks.  So I suppose lower down it was cheaper.  Still for a final, pricing is reasonable compared to other showcase finals.

Yes, it was cheaper in lower parts of the same sections. We also sat in those 40 quid seats towards the back. 

They ought to be approaching the Bronco & skolars etc offering them a deal where they resell tickets for 25% of the sales - increasing interest in London will help both those clubs so unlock their efforts to sell more tickets - the more noise around league is heard in London the more people will listen for it

23 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

They ought to be approaching the Bronco & skolars etc offering them a deal where they resell tickets for 25% of the sales - increasing interest in London will help both those clubs so unlock their efforts to sell more tickets - the more noise around league is heard in London the more people will listen for it

I think there are these kind of deals in place arent there?

There are normally deals knocking around here from clubs as we get closer.

11 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think there are these kind of deals in place arent there?

There are normally deals knocking around here from clubs as we get closer.

But it should be from day 1 - why not offer the deal at the beginning of the season - allow clubs to decide whether to sell them on or offer discounted tickets as part of their ST prices - allow them to offer them as a local raffle prize for the cost price the them.

I think we can all agree RFL are themselves not very good at marketing so why not tap into those people working up and down the land in clubs to see what cunning plans they have, make it a competition, most Final tickets won gets some form of prize, a training session, some new gear anything to get people competing.

This the RFU does well, they have an annual grand prize draw - as well as a 90% kick back on every ticket sold clubs get rewards for selling certain numbers of tickets or the most tickets in their area, things like post protectors that cost money for individual clubs but can be sourced from sponsors by a national organisation 

Widnes only getting 3,500 a bit of a joke.

If anyone's still looking for a good Cup Final deal, the London Skolars website are offering Category 5 seats for £20. They're in Block 546, slap-bang in the 'official' Widnes section, and right next to the Saints fans.

Plus, you can get combined tickets with the Friday Night Lights against Hunslet for 29 quid.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/challenge-cup-final-tickets-59041854777

12 minutes ago, SSoutherner said:

But it should be from day 1 - why not offer the deal at the beginning of the season - allow clubs to decide whether to sell them on or offer discounted tickets as part of their ST prices - allow them to offer them as a local raffle prize for the cost price the them.

I think we can all agree RFL are themselves not very good at marketing so why not tap into those people working up and down the land in clubs to see what cunning plans they have, make it a competition, most Final tickets won gets some form of prize, a training session, some new gear anything to get people competing.

This the RFU does well, they have an annual grand prize draw - as well as a 90% kick back on every ticket sold clubs get rewards for selling certain numbers of tickets or the most tickets in their area, things like post protectors that cost money for individual clubs but can be sourced from sponsors by a national organisation 

Yeah, I thought they did this. 

17 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

When you have around 20,000 seats going unsold, how are the tickets too cheap?

the ticket price isn't why there are 20,000 empty seats, you still don't get it do you!

The RFL have caused this problem, they have continued to undersell the sport and thus fans expect tickets to be cheap or to get last minute discounts but still with the cheapest seats they still can't sell them anyway. You only need look how empty Bolton was, Newcastle, Anfield etc

We can't sell those empty seats at rock bottom prices so your point is utterly moot.

Bringing kids on the cheap does nothing to add value to the sport, either they want to watch RL or they don't, as adults they either want to pay the going rate or they won't.

17 hours ago, Tiger Wolf said:

I remember paying £40 - £45 for the first of the Wires recent finals at the new Wembley.  Same tix now £50.  The RFL need to keep the prices reasonable for us northerners to venture down to the capital. You still may see the groupon offers on the run in to the final to give sales another push. 

I can see Saints fans easily outnumbering Wire for this final being a new experience for many of their fans.  Same when Wire first went in 2009

So 10 years ago (your first of the most recent CC finals was 2009) and you're whinging over a £5 increase, that's 50p per year increase ffs!!

We went to the first new wembley final in '07, sat with a load of Cats fans, I think we paid about £38 or so, I would expect prices to go up, it's how life is. £50 for a decent seat for the biggest profile game in the domestic scene is nothing. People keep banging on about prices yet pay more for other events like concerts etc.

Go or don't go, but people need to stop banging on about the prices, they are inexpensive as it is, especially for juniors and pensioners.

I appreciate that to some people £50 is a lot of money but if they cant afford it,they simply shouldn't go,as they will have a heart attack once they have to buy a round of drinks,a burger,a taxi into town or a night in the West End. It's merely the cost of living in London. Frankly,£50 is relatively cheap.

I assume the RFL marketing strategy hasn't changed. Simply send the same e-mail to people already on their list time after time.Genius.

40 minutes ago, Denton Rovers RLFC said:

So 10 years ago (your first of the most recent CC finals was 2009) and you're whinging over a £5 increase, that's 50p per year increase ffs!!

We went to the first new wembley final in '07, sat with a load of Cats fans, I think we paid about £38 or so, I would expect prices to go up, it's how life is. £50 for a decent seat for the biggest profile game in the domestic scene is nothing. People keep banging on about prices yet pay more for other events like concerts etc.

Go or don't go, but people need to stop banging on about the prices, they are inexpensive as it is, especially for juniors and pensioners.

So Denton, where am I whinging about ticket price?  I will gladly pay the going rate to watch my team at Wembley or any final and have done so on every occasion since watching the Wire in the 70s. 

I still stand by my comment, I think the RFL are concerned that if they price the major events too high then it will deter people from going.  Since the new Wembley opened the RFL must have had pre sale ticket offers for each final until the 2 finalists are known. We are not in the same league as football or even NFL that they know they will sell out regardless of price.

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

£50 is not cheap at all. 

It may be decent, and acceptable to many, but for a couple of hours entertainment it is not cheap.

The £20 tickets are cheap.

It's a Wembley final - £50 is a good price for very good seats to watch 2 of the best RL teams in the world.

£20 is what most pay for a standard league match.

And we wonder why sponsors and big buisness arnt falling over themselves to get involved in RL. We really do get what we deserve sometimes.

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

It's a Wembley final - £50 is a good price for very good seats to watch 2 of the best RL teams in the world.

£20 is what most pay for a standard league match.

And we wonder why sponsors and big buisness arnt falling over themselves to get involved in RL. We really do get what we deserve sometimes.

I said £20 is cheap. 

£50 is not cheap. There are many many major sporting events people can attend for that kind of price.

Archived