Super League’s relegation run-in: A club-by-club guide

For five teams, the next six games are the difference between Super League and the Championship. Huddersfield, Wakefield, Leeds, Hull KR and London are all separated by just two points as the competition heads into its final furlongs. Many believed that London were certainties for relegation earlier this season, but thanks to some excellent results, including two home wins against…

View the full article

Total Rugby League
www.totalrl.com

• 2 weeks later...

30 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So which 2/3 of those last 4 can London win to survive ?

Cats A

Leeds H

HKR A

Wakey A 

I think Cats are struggling, so they can win that. Leeds are safe, so they can win that. The last two could be relegation humdingers.

35 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So which 2/3 of those last 4 can London win to survive ?

Cats A

Leeds H

HKR A

Wakey A 

Well their destiny is certainly in their own hands, and as a team you can't ask for more than that.

I'll freely admit I was one of those who thought they'd get nowhere, and would be dead and buried by now. 

Delighted to be proved wrong. Good luck London. 

10 minutes ago, The Future is League said:

For London to stay up they have to win at least 2 more games and that isn't going to happen

I'm not convinced. Wakefield look gone and their remaining games are tough - Hull KR, Wigan and Warrington before that last game against London. IMO, London need one win from their next three before going to Wakefield for a last day of the season, all or nothing game. London can survive!

Rethymno Rugby League Appreciation Society

Founder (and, so far, only) member.

55 minutes ago, Lobbygobbler said:

London need to win at least 3 games IMO inc winning at “broken promises” Wakefield

No. London need to win at least two games. Maybe three, depending on whether Wakefield win any more games. If London wins only one game and Wakefield loses all four, then London are on equal competition points with Wakefield but are relegated because Wakefield has a better points f/a differential. So two games is the minimum London needs to win, maybe three depending on how the other three bottom placed teams, especially Wakefield, perform. Wakefield looks like the weakest of London's relegation rivals at the moment. But who knows what will happen?

It is still possible for London to survive, but I would not bet a lot of money on it happening. I would put London's chances of avoiding relegation at about 50%.

Archived