2019 NRL Finals - Week 2 - Match thread

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, DavidM said:

More dispiriting was a sin bin for a little slap - I mean honestly where’s the game going ?

I thought that warranted 10. When there is a melee and a player then strikes an opponent in the face, that has the potential to flare up massively. 10 minutes any day.

Jake’s sin binning and the NRLs subsequent support of the decision is a clear example of the officials lacking match sense when interpreting and applying the laws of the game. It was a garbage decision.

20 hours ago, Allora said:

What a joke.

The Souths player was running interference

These decisions that are deciding the out come of games is going to cost this Sport badly.

Its becoming a Joke, all three sin bins tonight have been wrong, they should have all been just penalties except for the last one where JT should have been play on.

I'm not sure you could have got that more wrong. 

11 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Great game,thought Manly played the better rugby but credit to Souths for staying in the game and finishing stronger.

First 2 sinbins were the right calls,the last was harsh,probably only worth a penalty.

The pull back? I thought it was a certain sin binning as it stopped a try scoring opportunity. The slap shouldn't be a binning though, the game has been over sanitised. 

I’m stuck in an AFL social club and surrounded by Victorians watching big jumps highlights on massive screens. 

One of the Raiders large social clubs is around 1km away but I’m stuck in this god forsaken place...  I’ve one hour to work out how the watch the NRL on a decent screen..

I don't know why you would bring Curtis Scott in and have Chambers on the bench. Is he really going to have Chambers come on in the forwards? I guess if he plays wide on his usual side then OK but what if they have injuries to other forwards and can't choose where to put Chambers?

Commentators saying that the Eels have only completed one set so far. Melbourne are all over them all the time, all over the pitch.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived