Sign in to follow this  
leytherz

Championship fixtures

2 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

This reply completely ignored my post , is that because you know I'm right , but you don't want to admit it ? 

It doesnt it addresses it completely. 

3 times in 10 days isnt too much. We have done it for years. Its too much as part of the stupidly long season we have, and for clubs which arent really fully pro just pretending to be so. 

Players played 3 games in 10 days during origin, lets not kid ourselves that it's impossible.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, paulwalker71 said:

Bit contradictory, to be honest

If there are 'more popular options' than showing the Championship (and I'm sure there are) then why does it really matter whether those teams choose to play on Sunday afternoons?

It seems a bit perverse to me that Championship teams would play on Thursday or Tuesday evening, and get far lower crowds, just to make some sort of point about a willingness to 'move past the idea that RL is played on Sunday afternoons'...

Then keep playing sunday afternoons and wondering why we keep getting the same results

12 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

3 times in 10 days isnt too much. We have done it for years. Its too much as part of the stupidly long season we have, and for clubs which arent really fully pro just pretending to be so. 

Players played 3 games in 10 days during origin, lets not kid ourselves that it's impossible.

So why change it for SL ?

• Like 1

10 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

So why change it for SL ?

Because SL also has the stupidly long season and clubs that arent really fully pro and who only pay lip service to players preparation and recovery

3 hours ago, Cardypaul said:

So how many SL clubs are going to Catalan on a Thursday evening? I believe the answer is none, so it’s ok for championship clubs but not Super League clubs.

Les Catalans play all their games on a saturday evening for tv. 

11 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Absolute rubbish,trotted out by someone who obviously has never had to fall out of bed the morning after being battered for 80 mins to go into work.

4 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Absolute rubbish,trotted out by someone who obviously has never had to fall out of bed the morning after being battered for 80 mins to go into work.

For professional players that is their work

• Confused 3

14 minutes ago, scotchy1 said:

For professional players that is their work

Except this thread is about the Championship where for most of the players rugby isn't their main job.

4 minutes ago, leytherz said:

i know the rugby league are stupid for playing 3 games over easter.but for the life of me why dont the players who work not book the week off work.

Maybe they want to use their leave at the end of the season and have a holiday with family,not that it matters,players shouldn't have to put their bodies through 3 games in such a short period in what is a tough,high impact sport at whatever level it's being played at.

19 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Except this thread is about the Championship where for most of the players rugby isn't their main job.

Because they arent professional clubs. That's what I said earlier 

• Confused 1

With respect to my auntie Minnie, can one of you moaning Minnie's supply a link to the fixtures instead of complaining all day?

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

21 hours ago, scotchy1 said:

Surely professional clubs should be able to play fixtures anytime.

That's not the point, Featherstone are a part time team, so surely you can see that the fixture would be better suited to a full time team so no players are taking time off work.

20 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

And Dewsbury v Bradford is going to be played at Headingley as a part of a double-header on June 21st.

Comments/ outrage?

Bizarre if anything.

14 minutes ago, Gooleboy said:

That's not the point, Featherstone are a part time team, so surely you can see that the fixture would be better suited to a full time team so no players are taking time off work.

Fev were a game away from Super League, now their games are secondary to a shift on a building site?

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Bleep1673 said:

With respect to my auntie Minnie, can one of you moaning Minnie's supply a link to the fixtures instead of complaining all day?

https://www.rugby-league.com/championship__league_1/fixtures

and i'm working on a calendar upload file for MS Outlook if you are interested - I could do with someone to test it and double check stuff

22 hours ago, kiggy said:

https://www.rugby-league.com/championship__league_1/fixtures

and i'm working on a calendar upload file for MS Outlook if you are interested - I could do with someone to test it and double check stuff

Thanks I got it - I would help, but my internet's down for the foreseeable future due to lack of funds.

RESURGAM

Non solum autem Leones

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

All the championship clubs should get together and tell the RFL that they are catagorically not playing the Easter midweek fixture and demand a rescheduling.

agree harry super greed  playing once over easter 

"A significant change in 2020 will see teams play once across the Easter Weekend, with player welfare at the heart of the decision." 

but part timers are playing two  so  for the championship

"player welfare isn't at the heart of the decision.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, POR said:

agree harry super greed  playing once over easter 

"A significant change in 2020 will see teams play once across the Easter Weekend, with player welfare at the heart of the decision." 

but part timers are playing two  so  for the championship

"player welfare isn't at the heart of the decision.

Hypocrisy in action 😉