Ticket Prices - How much is too much?

On 25/12/2019 at 09:05, Harry Stottle said:

Reading this thread and the many comments re next season's Ashes games.

Have I missed an announcement regarding Wayne Bennett has he been retained or filed in the bin under useless?

It really matters to me as it will dictate whether I attend the tests or not, I stated after spending a not to inconsiderable amount going to New Zealand for her indoors and myself for the recent series that I will not attend if he is in charge, up to now nothing has changed my thought process.

He wont be playing dont worry about it mate.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, TboneFromTO said:

News bud. Beers aren't 10 anymore. You're looking at 13-15 nowadays at least  (for a small)

Leafs aren't my team, why I don't know this!

Bet you can guess who mon équipe is from my avatar ?

I mostly watch Junior Hockey now because of the price. 

1 hour ago, CanadianRugger said:

Leafs aren't my team, why I don't know this!

Bet you can guess who mon équipe is from my avatar ?

I mostly watch Junior Hockey now because of the price. 

Peterborough looking fairly good this year (for a change).

13 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Standing season tickets are £250 in the Southstand or Carnegie 

Seating season tickets are from £300

Seems reasonable to pay an extra £50 a year

I think you're being slightly disingenuous there.

I was obviously talking about seats for away fans. The vast majority of seats in Headingley are at least £8 more expensive than a terrace ticket and some are an eye watering £12 more. There are only around 400 seats in the East (Extentia) Stand that are priced at £30, £6 more than a terrace ticket, which I would suggest is about right. Every other seat in the ground is overpriced, some vastly overpriced I'd say.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

These are the prices for Wests Tigers in 2020. I'm not sure what the breakup of home games is - probably 3 at Leichhardt, 3 at Campbelltown and 4 at Parra Stadium. The other 2 "home" games are at Suncorp and Tamworth and aren't included.

146197043_Wests2020ticket3.png.e1ddca862d88d2e510909b9d261408cd.png

1382499852_Wests2020tickets.thumb.png.dcd74be501086f6152ecf0cbb17b927f.png

1433793757_Wests2020ticket2.png.b699cd736aa0553b0f845ffc8cfc4b1b.png

11 minutes ago, Ullman said:

You could have warned me. I was standing up at the time.

And you'll be standing up on the 2nd of Feb too.

2 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

I think you're being slightly disingenuous there.

I was obviously talking about seats for away fans. The vast majority of seats in Headingley are at least £8 more expensive than a terrace ticket and some are an eye watering £12 more. There are only around 400 seats in the East (Extentia) Stand that are priced at £30, £6 more than a terrace ticket, which I would suggest is about right. Every other seat in the ground is overpriced, some vastly overpriced I'd say.

Judging by the amount of complaints we get from away fans about the quality of the Western Terrace, an extra £8 for a seat in the best stand in Super League should seem like a bargain. 

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Judging by the amount of complaints we get from away fans about the quality of the Western Terrace, an extra £8 for a seat in the best stand in Super League should seem like a bargain. 

The quality of the Western Terrace with it's lack of protection from the elements is hardly a thing to bring into the argument.

But, as you have done so, why are standing tickets in this area £24 if it's so poor? That price would be an average price for a standing terrace ticket in a decent part of any ground with cover.

8 minutes ago, TheReaper said:

Probably because people are paying it...

Pretty much this in a nutshell. The club isn't making the pricing up on the hoof - it has plenty of evidence into what people will and won't pay. Yes, other clubs charge less, but they probably also sell a lot less as well. 

As for the seating, it's pretty clear from the way that Headingley has been redeveloped in recent years that the club is trying to attract a more premium audience. Those cheap terrace tickets have been replaced by expensive seats and corporate areas because the club wants people with deep pockets to come into the ground. It's not just about putting bums on seats, but about putting pre-match chicken dinners in front of corporate guests. 

On 30/12/2019 at 19:57, Man of Kent said:

You can almost always watch a rugby league game in this country for £20, whether it’s standing on an open terrace for, say, Fev vs Oldham or in a state-of-the-art all-seater for England vs Australia.

Can’t complain about that from a personal POV but some of the lower league venues can seem a bit steep.

To be fair, the SL clubs get a very healthy payout from the TV money which, pretty much covers their player costs, whilst most of the other costs are likely to be similar whatever the division and those costs have to be met somehow. Crowds are significantly lower in the other divisions, which just exacerbates the problem. I'm afraid extra cost for species is just a fact of life - one more cross we have to bear.

No team is an island.........................................

http://www.flickr.com/photos/31337109@N03/

Archived