John Drake

The General 'Toronto Wolfpack' Discussion Thread

2 hours ago, Themusician_2 said:

Toronto will even struggle to win at home they a poor.

The crowd will lift them up.

7 hours ago, Oxford said:

So a better system would be one that gives us the same top 5 as this one, yep!

Didn't wigan post a loss? Surely letting a team keep being bankrolled by a Rich owner is a dangerous idea.

7 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

I posted ' quantify '  , the tablet changed it 

So you mean as long as they can afford it , no matter how ?

No I mean a team that has financial stability can spend within its limits. If it posts profits then it can spend more. The current system simply levels the playing field by hurting players ability to earn a good wage. You only play the sport professional for 10-15 years so should be able to maximize earning potential in that time.

2 hours ago, North but south said:

Surely letting a team keep being bankrolled by a Rich owner is a dangerous idea.

Who do you ask the ones with one or the clubs who haven't got one?

3 minutes ago, North but south said:

Surely you ask the governing body. Isn't that the purpose of having one?

Ask the governing body do our clubs need the support of a well off owner? Mmmmmm

51 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Ask the governing body do our clubs need the support of a well off owner? Mmmmmm

That's the difference between having a good governing body looking out for the benefit of the game and one that's controlled by the clubs. I'm not saying no well of owners but take toronto, without argyle toronto would fold, they cant sustain their current spending and the amount of debt argyle must write off each year is more than some clubs spend in total. If toronto were limited to spend within a limit based on their finance the club would be able to continue whether argyle got bored and left or not. This system encourages clubs to sort themselves financial out getting rid of the mess at the end of last season with teams in that didn't even have enough registered players to put a team out.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, North but south said:

That's the difference between having a good governing body looking out for the benefit of the game and one that's controlled by the clubs. I'm not saying no well of owners but take toronto, without argyle toronto would fold, they cant sustain their current spending and the amount of debt argyle must write off each year is more than some clubs spend in total. If toronto were limited to spend within a limit based on their finance the club would be able to continue whether argyle got bored and left or not. This system encourages clubs to sort themselves financial out getting rid of the mess at the end of last season with teams in that didn't even have enough registered players to put a team out.

Again what do you mean by ' their finance ' ? , So you mean as a business ?

5 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Bodene Thompson gets away with a grub shot and gets 0 games. 

It clearly was accidental contact since the tackled player turned into him...that being said it was a blow to the head but probably really just a yellow, but I can see why a red was given....NOTHING MORE THOUGH THATS FOR SURE!

4 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

It clearly was accidental contact since the tackled player turned into him...that being said it was a blow to the head but probably really just a yellow, but I can see why a red was given....NOTHING MORE THOUGH THATS FOR SURE!

I would argue that it wasn’t accidental and the tackles player never turned into, more he was turned in to it. 

31 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Bodene Thompson gets away with a grub shot and gets 0 games. 

But I've read on here that the RFL  hate TWP,surely he should be sine die if that really is the case.

• Haha 1

Thank you for your valuable contribution.

11 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

But I've read on here that the RFL  hate TWP,surely he should be sine die if that really is the case.

Could you please repost this in English? It makes no sense as it reads now.

• Haha 1
  • Sad 2

3 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

Could you please repost this in English? It makes no sense as it reads now.

I'll speak slowly for you.

IF IT IS TRUE THAT TWP ARE HATED BY THE RFL AS THEIR WHINING SUPPORTERS CLAIM,THEN HE WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR LIFE RATHER THAN NO PUNISHMENT AT ALL,EH.

• Sad 1

48 minutes ago, Kayakman said:

If it was a red card he should receive a ban, If it was not a red, then the original decision should overturned and downgraded to a yellow card. Few sensible and/or objective people would disagree that Bodene deserved a red, it looked deliberate and he is very fortunate.

Does anyone think Chris Ashton may be an option for TWP as he has left Sale and would be exempt from the Cap for year one as returning from Union. Could be a good if expensive signing. 

14 minutes ago, terrywebbisgod said:

I'll speak slowly for you.

IF IT IS TRUE THAT TWP ARE HATED BY THE RFL AS THEIR WHINING SUPPORTERS CLAIM,THEN HE WOULD HAVE BEEN BANNED FOR LIFE RATHER THAN NO PUNISHMENT AT ALL,EH.

You don't have to yell. What you just wrote now bears little resemblance to the post I questioned. 'should be sine die'? 

7 minutes ago, Southerner80 said:

Does anyone think Chris Ashton may be an option for TWP as he has left Sale and would be exempt from the Cap for year one as returning from Union. Could be a good if expensive signing. 

He wouldn't count as 0 on the cap as he would be a 'Returning Talent' player and therefore 50% of his cap value would count until he has completed his first full SC year, then 75% for year 2.

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
  • Thanks 2

Just now, TIWIT said:

You don't have to yell. What you just wrote now bears little resemblance to the post I questioned. 'should be sine die'? 

It says exactly the same thing!

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Stanley has now returned to training - Wolfpack Twitter account just shared a vid.

Edit: always get his first and last name mixed up!

Edited by LR23

16 minutes ago, TIWIT said:

I simplified it for you.

I find I yell to foreigners who don't understand .

It's an English trait.

sine die
/ˌsiːneɪ ˈdiːeɪ,ˌsʌɪnɪ ˈdʌɪiː/
adverb
  1. (with reference to business or proceedings that have been adjourned) with no appointed date for resumption.
    "the case was adjourned sine die"
Edited by terrywebbisgod

11 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

It says exactly the same thing!

Come on....cut our Canadian friends a bit of slack. They haven't learned to shout out Gerremonside yet.....Sine die may take quite a while longer to enter their vocabulary.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Hela Wigmen said:

I would argue that it wasn’t accidental and the tackles player never turned into, more he was turned in to it. 

Don't be ridiculous....