Championship/L1 restart numbers

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, POR said:

just a thought as a sweetener to get teams to play why not play final at wembley in place of 1895 cup

There is no certainty that the Challenge Cup final will be at Wembley this year. If the permitted crowd doesn't make financial sense in terms of using Wembley or no crowds are permitted at all (which can't be ruled out) then we won't use Wembley. The RFL are losing enough money already with the loss of the Ashes.

13 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

4 of the biggest suspect places of Covid spreading, good luck with that one.

You could apply that logic to the majority of places that Championship RL is played Harry, largely deprived post-industrial towns.

Leigh is on that same list, by the way.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

The statement that Derek has issued to the Leigh fans is very good, forthright with everyones best interests at heart.

I cant see the purpose of ANY RL outside SL without the chance of replacing Toronto. Put the 250k into the Championship coffers next year and may the best side be promoted.

I must admit though, 11 teams in SL is nothing more than a farce and it needs to be 12, and quick !!

5 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes I know that johnny, but the fact still remains.

So, given that I said that obviously the competition will not go ahead, what was the point that you were trying to make?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

1 hour ago, marklaspalmas said:

Updated list please

14th is the deadline day. Quite a few clubs are holding fire on a decision whilst saying that they are unlikely to participate - Fev, Leigh, Doncaster, London Skolars etc.

18 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

14th is the deadline day. Quite a few clubs are holding fire on a decision whilst saying that they are unlikely to participate - Fev, Leigh, Doncaster, London Skolars etc.

Leigh's in Johnny, Mr Beaumont says he is asking the RFL can he stream the game live free to season ticket holder's and at a cost to anyone who is not a season ticket holder. 

Obviously the RFL will have to ask Sky for permission to do so,  but it doesn't seem too unreasonable a request.

11 minutes ago, Hela Wigmen said:

Costello from Saints?

No thanks, he played for us a few times and albeit he didn't do much wrong neither did he stand out, if Leigh do intend making a big push for SL next season then we need player's who will make an impact, no disrespect to Costello but he isn't that player.

2 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

Leigh's in Johnny, Mr Beaumont says he is asking the RFL can he stream the game live free to season ticket holder's and at a cost to anyone who is not a season ticket holder. 

Obviously the RFL will have to ask Sky for permission to do so,  but it doesn't seem too unreasonable a request.

Thanks Harry. Would Sky have the rights to this competition do you believe?

58 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

sky have rights to league games throughout the season  this however is a made up competition  for both championship and league one teams and with nothing at stake regarding league status they are nothing more than glorified friendlies so you could argue they don't fall under the sky remit  

51 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Good question, hadn't considered that but irrespective it would not cause Sky to lose out on anything at all, their Sky Sports subscribers will pay irrespective of if they watch or not the Sky transmissions.

So if Sky would allowed it for the lower leagues it would both reward those season ticket holders who have not requested a refund or voucher for next season, and allow the clubs to make a few bob on what would essentially be the walk up fans.

It would be in my opinion a poor showing if it was not allowed.

1 hour ago, Harry Stottle said:

Good question, hadn't considered that but irrespective it would not cause Sky to lose out on anything at all, their Sky Sports subscribers will pay irrespective of if they watch or not the Sky transmissions.

So if Sky would allowed it for the lower leagues it would both reward those season ticket holders who have not requested a refund or voucher for next season, and allow the clubs to make a few bob on what would essentially be the walk up fans.

It would be in my opinion a poor showing if it was not allowed.

Yes, my point is that I don't think that permission would have to be sought, in the same way that it wasn't for the 1895 cup. No problems from Sky IMO.

Archived