Re-structure proposals now being questioned

we need a 12 team competition, but torontos demands of only a 2 point deduction, after pulling out this season seems low, 12 points seems right, or no points for first 6 games of next season. a share of tv money, fair enough, if all tv money goes into the pot. still need to pay for visiting teams also. in an ideal world, 6 north american teams could form their own "conference" playing each other 3 times & super league teams once each. could keep everyone happy, no p & r for north america but in the system. we could keep p & r to keep ambitions alive. 

23 hours ago, kev p said:

we need a 12 team competition, but torontos demands of only a 2 point deduction, after pulling out this season seems low, 12 points seems right, or no points for first 6 games of next season. a share of tv money, fair enough, if all tv money goes into the pot. still need to pay for visiting teams also. in an ideal world, 6 north american teams could form their own "conference" playing each other 3 times & super league teams once each. could keep everyone happy, no p & r for north america but in the system. we could keep p & r to keep ambitions alive. 

How many point deductions for all the clubs cancelling games due to Covid?

And credit to wakey and others for playing on regardless

2 minutes ago, superten said:

with covid still around you cant really bring Toronto back . We also need to look at Catalan and Toulouse if travel restricts . Leave the three out and go back to 2 divisions of 16 . 

That will certainly never happen. There is no way that SL clubs are going to share what they currently share 11 ways 16 ways.

1 minute ago, Damien said:

That will certainly never happen. There is no way that SL clubs are going to share what they currently share 11 ways 16 ways.

Plus a 16 team SL with no Catalans or Toronto would mean 6 championship clubs in, and the weaker two or three would get absolutely destroyed. 

2 hours ago, Damien said:

Do you think it could get to such a dire situation that some clubs would merge, especially if it meant the avoidance of complete collapse. I don`t know the lay of the land up there, but two Hull clubs ? Wakefield and Cas ? I`m not specifically talking about those two examples, but do you ever think that the fans might get behind this sort of thing or would rather see their club dead or just playing at an amateur level.

2 minutes ago, The Rocket said:

Do you think it could get to such a dire situation that some clubs would merge, especially if it meant the avoidance of complete collapse. I don`t know the lay of the land up there, but two Hull clubs ? Wakefield and Cas ? I`m not specifically talking about those two examples, but do you ever think that the fans might get behind this sort of thing or would rather see their club dead or just playing at an amateur level.

I'm no fan of mergers and would never advocate them in this country.  Most mergers that are touted are takeovers, like Huddersfield and Sheffield or Hull FC and Gateshead, and not mergers and often equate to little more than a merging of 2 names with no assets. See talk of Oldham and Salford to become Manchester, what is actually merging there and how is the result more than the sum of the parts? The only true merger I could possibly see is Hull FC and Hull KR, being in the same city. For me they do perfectly well as is and I would never push that. I am more fan of every club having there own level and allowing the cream to rise to the top and for them to become the big clubs.

2 hours ago, Damien said:

I'm no fan of mergers and would never advocate them in this country.  Most mergers that are touted are takeovers, like Huddersfield and Sheffield or Hull FC and Gateshead, and not mergers and often equate to little more than a merging of 2 names with no assets. See talk of Oldham and Salford to become Manchester, what is actually merging there and how is the result more than the sum of the parts? The only true merger I could possibly see is Hull FC and Hull KR, being in the same city. For me they do perfectly well as is and I would never push that. I am more fan of every club having there own level and allowing the cream to rise to the top and for them to become the big clubs.

not sure of the likes of mergers with hull & HKR, but i feel it would be like spurs/arsenal, liverpool/everton, newcastle/sunderland, manu/man c merging, it will never happen. in usa it would work as they do not have the rivalary & history within the clubs etc. 

2 hours ago, The Rocket said:

perhaps a merger of clubs outside of super league would be a starting place  although of course it would be resisted but if it was announce there would be 2 divisions with super league staying at 12 and the championship going to say 16 that may force a few hands especially if sustainability and growth potential was included in the requirements.

Archived