Game Day.

spanishknight

Good luck to the Knights as they kickoff their 2021 campaign. Wish we were still in CH (in any comp actually!) and I could look fwd to a) coming to see LNER Stadium b) all you lunatics coming here..anyhow enjoy it and if you get into SL make sure its permanent  and kick out one of the stick in the muds!

3 minutes ago, Toby The Tram said:

Not a bad start. Hull dominant unsurprisingly. A few silly errors but I’m confident these will be ironed out before the league starts. Liking the look of Dixon. Excellently worked try as well

Bodes well. Agree about Ronan; he's giving his all. That said, give to see Ryan A taking it in, and Dixon giving it some. UTK

excellent effort from the kneets, looking forward to watching o'hagan and nikau this year, they are class acts. impressed by the young lad barcoe as well. lots of positives to take from that and we seem to have lots of options to mix things up this year as the situation dictates.

onwards ever onwards the mighty kneets

Strong second half that. Really impressed given we haven't played in a year. We look physically fit as well which is always a good starting point. Looked good in all the positions and cut out the silly errors in the second half. We were unluckly not to draw level. Much improved kicking game compared to last season as well. 

Bodes well. The proper stuff starts next week. Tough selection headache for Fordy next week.

Jason Bass Fan Club - member #001

have had power cut problems most of the day so very late review,i thought  all our old guard played exceptionally  well against a huge and powerful Hull side but  i also thought some of the new lads were a bit slow out of the starting  blocks, and for the first 20 we could not contain Hulls size and pace, and silly errors cost us points ,we struggled to make any yardage for most of the first half by trying to match Hulls huge pack,could not fault the effort of the the lads but they were bigger and faster with the ball in hand there defence was strong never gave us an inch ,but as always with  our resilient attitude  we scored a good try  by Dean the lad didn't look out of place will get better with more game time, and as the game wore on our defence pick up, it was all HULL for an hour our so but our never say die attitude was again there for all to see and the last 20 min was ours J.J.B. try had to be score and he took it well ,Salt's was a little fortunate but very welcome and a clever kick form 0'Hagan saw Dow Nikau score a cracker of of  a try and as for the last one i would like another look at the kick as i think Jack was onside,plenty of plus's and good points ,Washbrook had his best game for me ,Sam Cook was as good a forward as any of hulls for me when he came on ,O'Hagan marshalled well would like to see him run at defence's more in the future,there are far more players i could praise in one way or the other but would be here all day,it was a really tremendous performance by the lad's and think it may well send a few shivers down the championship (the bookies might have to re think there odds}

Well played might Kneets

Well played mighty Kneets

I thought it was a good run out by the Knights to say that they have not played for a year, a bit of rustyness and the odd error or two is to be expected, that's why we have pre season games, I was impressed by our new signings they bring a lot to the team, this back division must be the best we've had in years, roll on Friday.

That was a typical Aussie halfback display from O’Hagan...nothing too flashy, but confidently made each decision (think I counted just 1 error) and did it to a good standard. There was no last second change of plan - each time he got the ball he knew exactly what he was going to do, no panic plays. . I love watching an assured performance like that. I did notice he kept being clattered after kicking the ball, something I hope the referee picks up on. If not there’s plenty big players in this Knights squad to protect him.

It’s a team game though and everyone put their hand up for next week which I can’t wait to watch!

The our league stream worked well, thank you to everyone involved with that. And I didn’t hear any mention of the colour of the seats by the commentary team either 🤣

28 minutes ago, Clarence Street said:

I see in today's League Express the Knight's first try which Riley Dean scored was their pick as try of the week. It certainly was a cracker and I had it down as the best try of the game. Hope for plenty more like it this year!

Got to agree, said on the night it was the best try of the game.

Got the beers in again and the single malt at the ready next round here we come,the squad had a good blend of experience and quality to it, no slow starts hit the ground running, with  try scores all over the park we should come away with the win 

go get em Might Kneets

Team for tonight:-

YORK CITY KNIGHTS: 23. Ben Jones-Bishop, 22. Perry Whiteley, 2. Jason Bass, 4. Ryan Atkins, 5. Kieran Dixon, 1. Matty Marsh, 6. Brendan O'Hagan, 15. Jordan Baldwinson, 9. Will Jubb, 10. Jack Teanby, 11. Chris Clarkson, 17. Danny Kirmond, 28. Danny Washbrook. Interchanges: 14. Kriss Brining, 16. Marcus Stock, 19. James Green, 12. Sam Scott.

Looks a strong side, but no Liam Salter.

53 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Looks like we rested a few tonight

Listening to Fordy on Radio York with Andy after the streaming finished on t.v. it seemed to be a case of he could only pick 17 players and he felt a p....t for having to leave anyone out! As he said, it's the part of the job he hates. I wouldn't have liked the job of picking the team after last weeks showing against Hull. 

1 minute ago, Clarence Street said:

Listening to Fordy on Radio York with Andy after the streaming finished on t.v. it seemed to be a case of he could only pick 17 players and he felt a p....t for having to leave anyone out! As he said, it's the part of the job he hates. I wouldn't have liked the job of picking the team after last weeks showing against Hull. 

Agree I wrote the 17 players who I thought would play and I was well out, Fordy got it right as the score board shows.

Archived