Todays Games

RPH

• Replies 206
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

No need to worry about us, theres still a chance we miss out on the playoffs like most people expected at the beginning of the season.ย ๐Ÿ˜

Who did? My memory is the opposite. Conversely, most expected us to be nearer the relegation spots!

10 hours ago, gittinsfan said:

IIRC Mr Blues Ox was one who was very negative about our recruitment.

Your memory serves you well, Batley as seems to be the way have over performed in my eyes so far this season. If you make the playoffs ahead of at least a couple of other of the favoured teams then you have done very well. As for Fax most peoples league predictions at the start of the season had us 7th or 8th, personally I thought we had a chance of 3rd with the squad we had but it wasn't looking likely after defeats to Oldham and Bradford.

In my preview on the main forum back in February I predicted 6th for Halifax (I had Fax in a tier from 4th to 6 with Bradford and London) and 11th for Batley! So a little wrong with one and very wrong with the other.

Like a lot of people I got York badly wrong and also underestimated Whitehaven who I had finishing bottom.

Not easy this prediction lark.

Dewsbury Rams 18 Swinton Lions 22
Featherstone Rovers 6 Toulouse Olympique XIII ย 23
Halifax Panthers 24 ย Bradford Bulls RLFC 21
Newcastle Thunder 14 Whitehaven RLFC 20
Oldham 20 London Broncos 30
Widnes Vikings 16 Batley Bulldogs 34
Sheffield Eagles P York City Knights Pย 

ย 

ย 

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Batley Bulldogs 13 Featherstone Rovers 28
Bradford Bulls RLFC P Sheffield Eagles P
Halifax Panthers 14 Newcastle Thunder 12
London Broncos 6 Toulouse Olympique XIII 66
Swinton Lions 22 Oldham 22
Whitehaven RLFC 20 Dewsbury Rams 18
York City Knights 34 Widnes Vikings 20

ย 

ย 

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

i noticed a Jouffret mentionedย as playing for Whitehaven, seems his stay at Featherstone did not last very long, he scored a few tries for us as well.ย 

Newcastle Thunder 12 Bradford Bulls RLFC 36
Featherstone Rovers 44 York City Knights 14

On 09/08/2021 at 16:41, RPH said:

i noticed a Jouffret mentionedย as playing for Whitehaven, seems his stay at Featherstone did not last very long, he scored a few tries for us as well.ย 

He had signed with theย Ottawa Acesย before COVID-19 delayed their entry toย League Oneย until 2022. he asked FEV but FEV said NO soย he signed for SO Avignon for the 2021 season On 26 Jun 2021 it was reported that he had signed forย Whitehaven but remember whithaven were the first club he played for as a 19 year old in 2015

Sheffield Eagles 25 Oldham 18ย 
Swinton Lions 6 Batley Bulldogs 38
Whitehaven 32 London Broncos 18
Dewsbury Rams 23 Widnes Vikings 22
ย 

ย 

Think Haven did us a favour, what's the mathematical calculation for us to definitely finish in top 6? eg win 2 more games or are we already home and dry?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment)ย :superman:

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

ย 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

ย 

Win them all and we are certainly safe.

My belief is we must win 3/4 to cement 5th and if Bradford slip up in a couple then I believe 4th is a good possibility.

2 hours ago, RogerT said:

Win them all and we are certainly safe.

My belief is we must win 3/4 to cement 5th and if Bradford slip up in a couple then I believe 4th is a good possibility.

If london win them all they can onlyย  ย getย  27 points ย your on 22 now so that'sย  3 winsย Don't forgetย  forget london play FEV so that may take it down to 2ย ๐Ÿ˜€

Bradford play TO so that's one slip๐Ÿคฃ

y

Bulls will have to play Toulouse, they can't use a Covid excuse...they either get a 0-24 loss so lessening their % or a 'no game' and % stays the same or they play and lose, any scenario is good for both Dogs n Fax so last match Fax v Dogs could actually sort out 3rd n 4th.

41 minutes ago, phildog said:

Bulls will have to play Toulouse, they can't use a Covid excuse...they either get a 0-24 loss so lessening their % or a 'no game' and % stays the same or they play and lose, any scenario is good for both Dogs n Fax so last match Fax v Dogs could actually sort out 3rd n 4th.

In an ideal world P that would be ย great end to the regular season but you need all the ducks to fall in a row for that to happen first you need to win all your three games leading up to the 19th and get on 28 ptsย 

You need FAX to lose 2 out of their four to get to 28 pts but that's not as daft as it sounds they have three tricky away games widnes whitehaven and and somebody called FEV๐Ÿ˜€

21 minutes ago, POR said:

In an ideal world P that would be ย great end to the regular season but you need all the ducks to fall in a row for that to happen first you need to win all your three games leading up to the 19th and get on 28 ptsย 

You need FAX to lose 2 out of their four to get to 28 pts but that's not as daft as it sounds they have three tricky away games widnes whitehaven and and somebody called FEV๐Ÿ˜€

Do you think it is possible Fev could ease off a bit with the play offs in mind.I don't think they can get 1st and they are nailed on for 2nd.

23 minutes ago, gittinsfan said:

Do you think it is possible Fev could ease off a bit with the play offs in mind.I don't think they can get 1st and they are nailed on for 2nd.

NO webbo won't let them they got a rollicking when they eased off in a game they had already scored 60 ptsย  inย ๐Ÿคฃ

Archived