Jump to content

Todays Games


RPH
 Share

Recommended Posts

92 points scored at Dewsbury...

What were they playing, tennis!!ūü§™

  • Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


35 minutes ago, RogerT said:

No you can only score 40 at tennis lol.

Technically speaking Roger,¬† you can score 80 at Tennis...Deuce. ūü§≠

WHERE DO YOU WANT ME TO SWIPE THIS?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Piggy's mate said:

92 points scored at Dewsbury...

What were they playing, tennis!!ūü§™

And craig hall scored 36 of them   

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Dewsbury Rams 24 Featherstone Rovers 68
London Broncos 46 Whitehaven RLFC 12
Newcastle Thunder 40 Oldham 6
Swinton Lions 4 Halifax Panthers 34
York City Knights 20 Batley Bulldogs 22
Widnes Vikings 30 Sheffield Eagles 20
 

 

table 20th june.jpg

  • Like 2
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RogerT said:

No you can only score 40 at tennis lol.

not like you at all Roger, behave yourself.

  • Haha 1
"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Robin Evans said:

Cracking result today for you. 

It was, very gutsy from us. York have all the talents but seemed a bit soft up the middle. If they could get a decent and settled half back partnership, they will really get results that their potential deserves.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looks like York won't make the top six now I reckon. I wonder what Ford's excuse was this week?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Looks like York won't make the top six now I reckon. I wonder what Ford's excuse was this week?

Apparently he thought they were the best team by a country mile up at Whitehaven. They were undone by a funny bounce of the ball.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Featherstone Rovers 68 Newcastle Thunder 12

Batley Bulldogs 12 Halifax Panthers 22
Bradford Bulls RLFC 12 Widnes Vikings 25
London Broncos 38 Swinton Lions 24
Oldham 4 Dewsbury Rams 18
Whitehaven RLFC 37 York City Knights 12
Sheffield Eagles 6 Toulouse Olympique XIII 54

 

table 27th june.jpg

"The trouble with quotes on the internet is that it's difficult to determine whether or not they are genuine" ....Abraham Lincoln 1809-1865..

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think we are where York thought they'd be and Dewsbury are where we knew they'd be ūüėČ

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Some big games coming up and looking at the table its going to be so close for the remaining positions in the 6. most of the challengers you can see them winning 7 or 8 games but I think Batley are probably in most danger as their fixtures look tougher than the others. Beat Bradford on Sunday though and that probably means you also win 7 or 8. There will be a mad scramble come end of the season as I think most teams will prefer a trip to PO road rather than France.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Some big games coming up and looking at the table its going to be so close for the remaining positions in the 6. most of the challengers you can see them winning 7 or 8 games but I think Batley are probably in most danger as their fixtures look tougher than the others. Beat Bradford on Sunday though and that probably means you also win 7 or 8. There will be a mad scramble come end of the season as I think most teams will prefer a trip to PO road rather than France.

Really TBO¬† FEV unbeaten scoring 256 against¬† 42 so enjoy your trip over 5th sep¬†¬†ūüėܬ†but that could be a mute point oldham game in france this week been cancelled

I think Widnes are the beneficiaries in the promotion race they  only have play TO and FEV once 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, POR said:

Really TBO¬† FEV unbeaten scoring 256 against¬† 42 so enjoy your trip over 5th sep¬†¬†ūüėܬ†but that could be a mute point oldham game in france this week been cancelled

I think Widnes are the beneficiaries in the promotion race they  only have play TO and FEV once 

Obviously the logistics of a trip to France are far easier than a trip to PO Road. The only thing that might work in teams favour is a 4th place finish presuming that Toulouse top the league, but than are not able to play the game in France. Other than that having played both teams I know which I'd fancy our chances against more.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Obviously the logistics of a trip to France are far easier than a trip to PO Road. The only thing that might work in teams favour is a 4th place finish presuming that Toulouse top the league, but than are not able to play the game in France. Other than that having played both teams I know which I'd fancy our chances against more.

Obviously that would be TO TBO  by all accounts you took them to the cleaners in the second half and if there had been a bit more time on the clock you would have won where as FEV's defence was always on top and you never looked like winning 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

I think we are where York thought they'd be and Dewsbury are where we knew they'd be ūüėČ

Oh yes, we would settle for 8th.

Will you finish 3rd?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

It's unlikely BSJ, resources are looking a bit thin at the moment and form seems to have dipped somewhat. As always luck will no doubt play it's part but we'll have more idea after next week I reckon.  Whatever happens, we have had a good start to the season and some very entertaining moments.

 

 

 

Edited by Bi11
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 29/06/2021 at 13:28, POR said:

Obviously that would be TO TBO  by all accounts you took them to the cleaners in the second half and if there had been a bit more time on the clock you would have won where as FEV's defence was always on top and you never looked like winning 

Toulouse destroyed us then got back on the plane in the second half, against Fev we had a few decisions went against us but we always looked in the game. Toulouse looked the better team and have a huge advantage over Fev in been able to keep players fresh only playing every other week.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Toulouse destroyed us then got back on the plane in the second half, against Fev we had a few decisions went against us but we always looked in the game. Toulouse looked the better team and have a huge advantage over Fev in been able to keep players fresh only playing every other week.

And a massive disadvantage in having to fly in and out for every game whilst isolating at home afterwards. Whoever wins it will be strictly on merit, in my opinion.

  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

25 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Toulouse destroyed us then got back on the plane in the second half, against Fev we had a few decisions went against us but we always looked in the game. Toulouse looked the better team and have a huge advantage over Fev in been able to keep players fresh only playing every other week.

But don't forge TBO fewer games means when SL comes  a calling they may be lacking in something often referred to as match fitness

"His lack of match fitness became apparent by the second half."

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, POR said:

But don't forge TBO fewer games means when SL comes  a calling they may be lacking in something often referred to as match fitness

"His lack of match fitness became apparent by the second half."

Id much rather be lacking in match fitness than having to take injections to get through a game to be honest. I do think they will be selective over what games they play later in the season just to make sure they have enough games for % to count rather than points. FWIW I would rather Fev go up this season I think they deserve a shot but I just think the cards are stacked in Toulouse favour at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, POR said:

But don't forge TBO fewer games means when SL comes  a calling they may be lacking in something often referred to as match fitness

"His lack of match fitness became apparent by the second half."

Clutching at straws POR. Full-time training and conditioning will be better than part-time training a patched-up team.

Edited by Blind side johnny
  • Like 1

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Clutching at straws POR. Full-time training and conditioning will be better than part-time training a patched-up team.

Full-time training and conditioning goes a long way but and you will know BSJ training is a lot different to playing and all what you've done off the pitch goes out of the window   when you get on the pitch and start taking heavy hits that your bodies not used to  and when they keep coming  you'll soon need to be patched up

58 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Id much rather be lacking in match fitness than having to take injections to get through a game to be honest. I do think they will be selective over what games they play later in the season just to make sure they have enough games for % to count rather than points. FWIW I would rather Fev go up this season I think they deserve a shot but I just think the cards are stacked in Toulouse favour at the moment.

That's true TBO¬† ¬†according to reports they need 17 games to¬† qualify for playoff¬† that's 11 in the¬† uk¬† and 6 others from games scheduled for france they've played 2 widnes and swinton so need 4¬† more luckily¬† they have four left from 24th july so hopefully they can all be played at the right time funny thing is they play both FAX and RAMS at home in this period so you and BSJ will have a hand in the demise of TOūü§£

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...