Mon 17 May: SL: Castleford Tigers v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 19:45

Who will win?  

34 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 17/05/21 at 19:15

This was tight only because of the superior goalkicking of Cas. Rovers scored 5 tries to 3.

Even at 14-0 to Cas I'm scratching my head because by then Rovers have been over the line 3 times and ruled held up.

Second half Rovers were totally dominant kept Cas try less and the only threat from Cas was penalty goals. 

Cas will point to the absence of Watts and Millington and will ignore the that George King left the arena after 15 mins and joined Albert Vete on the sidelines.

Another Jordan Abdull masterclass provided the quality to win the game on the back of an impressive overall performance from Rovers.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Another Jordan Abdull masterclass

One of the most influential half's in SL but also one of the most underrated, if his team follow his lead they will win more than they lose.

I watched him in the GB Academy team that beat the Aussie Schoolboys and you could see then how clever he was, had he been nurtured better in his formative years as a pro we would have a great player now.

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

Another Jordan Abdull masterclass provided the quality to win the game on the back of an impressive overall performance from Rovers.

Let’s also recognise the solidity Milnes has brought to the halves (and edge defence) in the last few weeks too, enabling Abdul to run the show. Much better balance with this 6 and 7 combination I think 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

17 minutes ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

Let’s also recognise the solidity Milnes has brought to the halves (and edge defence) in the last few weeks too, enabling Abdul to run the show. Much better balance with this 6 and 7 combination I think 

You make a good point...but with the blinding talent that is Mikey Lewis waiting in the wings Rovers can only get better.

1 hour ago, DimmestStar said:

You make a good point...but with the blinding talent that is Mikey Lewis waiting in the wings Rovers can only get better.

Lewis will be our full back, think that’s why he’s gone to York, development of the positional switch. Ford seems positive about his prospects 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

9 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Cas will point to the absence of Watts and Millington and will ignore the that George King left the arena after 15 mins and joined Albert Vete on the sidelines.

No we won't - we were rubbish, simple as that

This Cas fan will point to the offers for Jake Trueman and say "accept now"

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

Kevin Ward - best player I have ever seen

DSC04156_edited-1_thumb.jpg

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

10 hours ago, meast said:

✔️

I've not seen the post match can you pioint me to the complaints about the grass/weather light please

Now then, it's a race between Sandie....and Fairburn....and the little man is in........yeees he's in.

I, just like those Castleford supporters felt that the ball should have gone to David Plange but he put the bit betwen his teeth...and it was a try

The real Mick Gledhill is what you see on here, a Bradford fan ........, but deep down knows that Bradford are just not good enough to challenge the likes of Leeds & St Helens.

12 hours ago, meast said:

✔️

Here's Powell's moaning....about nothing other than his own players and how poor we were. You rally are stupid

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/castleford-tigers-boss-daryl-powell-says-some-of-his-players-were-ridiculous-in-shock-hull-kr-defeat-3240289

Firstly, Castleford were excellent in how they organised everything. I only waited a few minutes to get in despite a long queue, no hassle from stewards, and when I spoke to a few of them they were great so full props to them.

I think this one was a bit of a free hit for us because Castleford have started very well this year. 

First half they hit our right edge, so obviously DP had done his homework. I did think we grew into it as the half progressed despite conceding just before half time.

We really came into our own in the second and 'asked lots of questions' as the old saying goes. Crooks' try was insane and the winner came off the back of a phantom 6 again buzzer that the ref didn't call, so someone must have pressed it by mistake.

It is great to be back in a stadium amongst fans.

We have not won back-to-back away games since 2013 and Sunday at Wakefield provides us with a good opportunity to correct that.

I think we are on the up. Rally round...!!

* I should also say I was pi**ed as a fart so if none of that makes sense you know why 🤣

6 hours ago, Kenilworth Tiger said:

Here's Powell's moaning....about nothing other than his own players and how poor we were. You rally are stupid

https://www.yorkshirepost.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/castleford-tigers-boss-daryl-powell-says-some-of-his-players-were-ridiculous-in-shock-hull-kr-defeat-3240289

I got the result right and I had a guess Powell would moan about something, so don't steal my thunder 🙂

8 hours ago, HKR AWAY DAYS said:

Firstly, Castleford were excellent in how they organised everything. I only waited a few minutes to get in despite a long queue, no hassle from stewards, and when I spoke to a few of them they were great so full props to them.

I think this one was a bit of a free hit for us because Castleford have started very well this year. 

First half they hit our right edge, so obviously DP had done his homework. I did think we grew into it as the half progressed despite conceding just before half time.

We really came into our own in the second and 'asked lots of questions' as the old saying goes. Crooks' try was insane and the winner came off the back of a phantom 6 again buzzer that the ref didn't call, so someone must have pressed it by mistake.

It is great to be back in a stadium amongst fans.

We have not won back-to-back away games since 2013 and Sunday at Wakefield provides us with a good opportunity to correct that.

I think we are on the up. Rally round...!!

* I should also say I was pi**ed as a fart so if none of that makes sense you know why 🤣

Good stuff mate, glad you enjoyed it as much as I didn't enjoy watching our lot.

Perhaps should have been the telly game but, you know, always Wire's year...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived