Swinton on Monday Night

RIGGY

Hi

Be nice to see some Dewsbury fans at the game on Monday night. Anyone coming over you need to book your tickets online before Sunday night as there will be no admission without a ticket on Monday. You need to book in advance. See club website for ticket info.

Thanks

1 hour ago, RIGGY said:

Hi

Be nice to see some Dewsbury fans at the game on Monday night. Anyone coming over you need to book your tickets online before Sunday night as there will be no admission without a ticket on Monday. You need to book in advance. See club website for ticket info.

Thanks

I thought that your club had asked away fans not to come - has that now changed?

Edit: from the swinton RLFC site: 

Whilst this guide relates to matches at Heywood Road, the restriction on only home fans attending matches is a Government requirement across all grounds.  Fans of Swinton Lions are therefore currently not entitled to attend our away matches.  Whilst we understand how keen you will be to do so, it is imperative that you comply with this prohibition to demonstrate how responsible our fans are and therefore support the return to being able to attend all matches in the near future.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Is it on our league?

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

1 minute ago, Piggy's mate said:

Is it on our league?

No. Sky won't permit OuRLeague matches to be broadcast when they are showing a SL game.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

23 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

I thought that your club had asked away fans not to come - has that now changed?

Edit: from the swinton RLFC site: 

Whilst this guide relates to matches at Heywood Road, the restriction on only home fans attending matches is a Government requirement across all grounds.  Fans of Swinton Lions are therefore currently not entitled to attend our away matches.  Whilst we understand how keen you will be to do so, it is imperative that you comply with this prohibition to demonstrate how responsible our fans are and therefore support the return to being able to attend all matches in the near future.

Except in Newcastle apparently.....

Now Swinton have changed their stance, apparently in the light of changed government guidelines, and away fans are invited to come. Tickets must be obtained in advance as will be the case at all clubs.

Nice prices though: £20 adults; £17 concessions.

2 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Now Swinton have changed their stance, apparently in the light of changed government guidelines, and away fans are invited to come. Tickets must be obtained in advance as will be the case at all clubs.

Nice prices though: £20 adults; £17 concessions.

That's not on their website - still says you have to declare that you're a Swinton supporter to buy a ticket and

Whilst this guide relates to matches at Heywood Road, the restriction on only home fans attending matches is a Government requirement across all grounds. * Fans of Swinton Lions are therefore currently not entitled to attend our away matches.  Whilst we understand how keen you will be to do so, it is imperative that you comply with this prohibition to demonstrate how responsible our fans are and therefore support the return to being able to attend all matches in the near future.

*although Newcastle are allowing away fans.....

Hi. Swinton were informed yesterday that the rules on away fans were being relaxed. It wasn't Swinton that didn't want away fans it was the advice they had been given. I understand Dewsbury fans are now welcome to purchase tickets online but will have to give Track and Trace details. 

Hope some of you can make it over

12 hours ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

That's not on their website - still says you have to declare that you're a Swinton supporter to buy a ticket and

Whilst this guide relates to matches at Heywood Road, the restriction on only home fans attending matches is a Government requirement across all grounds. * Fans of Swinton Lions are therefore currently not entitled to attend our away matches.  Whilst we understand how keen you will be to do so, it is imperative that you comply with this prohibition to demonstrate how responsible our fans are and therefore support the return to being able to attend all matches in the near future.

*although Newcastle are allowing away fans.....

Yes they haven't updated the website yet but have released information on social media:

We have been officially informed that restrictions on away fans have been relaxed. Dewsbury fans are therefore also welcome to apply for tickets for Monday evening’s game via the online ticketing portal on our website.

https://swintonlionsrlfc.co.uk/match-day/admission/...

Ticket details for Swinton fans regarding our upcoming away game at Batley, as well as our AB Sundecks 1895 Cup semi-final at York, will be announced as soon as possible.

It must be a bit of a mad panic trying to update everything at such short notice.

They still won't get many away fans on a Monday night at £20 a pop, though.

2 minutes ago, Blind side johnny said:

Yes they haven't updated the website yet but have released information on social media:

We have been officially informed that restrictions on away fans have been relaxed. Dewsbury fans are therefore also welcome to apply for tickets for Monday evening’s game via the online ticketing portal on our website.

https://swintonlionsrlfc.co.uk/match-day/admission/...

Ticket details for Swinton fans regarding our upcoming away game at Batley, as well as our AB Sundecks 1895 Cup semi-final at York, will be announced as soon as possible.

It must be a bit of a mad panic trying to update everything at such short notice.

They still won't get many away fans on a Monday night at £20 a pop, though.

Thanks. Will be interesting to see what their reduced caoicity is cf Dewsbury's, given access to the ground is significantly more 'pinched' 

4 hours ago, silcoates said:

(pinched) What on earth do you mean by that?

Pinch points for entry and exit from grounds are a serious consideration in assessing capacities. They don't just consider what the position will be when everyone is sitting or standing still but also in the dynamic situation of crowds entering and leaving stadiums. As previously operated Swinton have a very congested entry system but I am sure this will have been addressed.

Given that this match won't be being transmitted on OuRLeague does anyone know whether it will be on radio or on-line commentary anywhere?

I have looked and can find no mention of a broadcast unfortunately. 

This is definitely a key fixture for both clubs and going on last week’s games I can see only a home win. 

Swinton down 10-23 at one point came back to finish with a flourish and just lost 22-23 to Bradford. We, of course, didn’t start, never mind finish. The Lions line to play expansive rugby, we don’t know what that is. 

We now seem to be taking in players on short term loans each week (hope it won’t be like 2019) and that’s why I haven’t listed any in the thread at the top. 

Swinton 30-12 Dewsbury 

FTS: Garratt 

MoM: Day

Att: 280

Legs, Dews, Legs.

FEV have played swinton and with the ball in hand with ridyard pulling the strings they can cause problems only FEV's solid defence kept them down to one try on the flip side their defence not the best

I think there will be one score in it either way. Think last week against Halifax was out of character and expecting the boys will be wanting to set the record straight. If we complete well and limit penalties and errors then we can win.

2 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Injured in training according to League Express. 

I'd heard he'd tripped over Sykes walking stick and impaled himself on Finn's Zimmer frame!

With a big crowd behind them Swinton might just edge this, which would put the cat amongst the pigeons

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

I think I’m glad I wasn’t there to see it; it was bad enough looking at Flashscore and Twitter for updates. 

i just knew Swinton would fight back as they did against Bradford. 

So pleased we managed to win. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Archived