Fax away

spanishknight

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
57 minutes ago, Simon Hall said:

I was joking really, it'd just be nice to see a bit of entertainment. Maybe play Norris at scrum half, haven't seen anything of him this year.

After what we witnessed yesterday mate I didnt think you were joking for one minute, anything would be better than Toreville and Dean!  But I'm not wishing to slag off yesterday's halves, Riley has been messed about as much as anyone and its clear that Brendan shouldn't be playing, he just cant do him self justice with what appears to be a long term injury. 

53 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

If Marsh is going to halfback on Sunday I would play Harrison at fullback, give him a chance he was one of the better players against Wigan in the cup.

Good idea John, think its odds on that Marshy and Washy ( Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse) will be in the halves so give the kid a chance. IMO it will be a shame for Matty cos he's shown how much more effective he can be from the back. 

Acko will know that I was referring to Smashy and Nicey above! 

2 hours ago, andyacko said:

Rumours that we are in a tussle with the Bulls over a loan half back.

I would like to see Lewis back, but got  the impression that Rovers weren't happy with how he was used at York, so might not be willing to let him come back. Hope he doesn't end up at Bradford, that would be rubbing it in.

24 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I would like to see Lewis back, but got  the impression that Rovers weren't happy with how he was used at York, so might not be willing to let him come back. Hope he doesn't end up at Bradford, that would be rubbing it in.

Id imagine its Joe Keyes.

1 hour ago, Peter G. said:

Good idea John, think its odds on that Marshy and Washy ( Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse) will be in the halves so give the kid a chance. IMO it will be a shame for Matty cos he's shown how much more effective he can be from the back. 

Acko will know that I was referring to Smashy and Nicey above! 

Washbrook is not a half back no pace,bass at fullback,with marsh in the halves with?

4 hours ago, Peter G. said:

I reckon quite a few fans will have been wondering about this leadership conundrum for weeks but it can be unpalatable to face it. Some players need to relinquish that responsibility to concentrate on their own game. Of course we could be wrong and its simply a case of players not following the game plan. Whatever it is, we are certainly not playing as a team at the moment.

Think to many team's have worked out how to play us and still our back ends of sets are very poor,need to change our game plan,don't think we can change much as players are very similar in style especially in the forwards.

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

I dont want to see him at Bradford either but if they do get him, we might get t'other lad. 😉

2 hours ago, Puk said:

Washbrook is not a half back no pace,bass at fullback,with marsh in the halves with?

Think I was getting mixed up when Washy has been a stand in hooker. Wonder if K.Dixon has ever played in the halves, at least he can run and kick?

2 hours ago, Puk said:

Bass is a very good centre but he is not a full back.. Moving players around to unfamiliar positions will not solve our problems, it causes more. In my opinion, moving Marsh from full back should be a last resort. His defence, his positional play, and his organisation from the back are exceptional. If he has to play in the halves, then bring in Harrison, a recognised full back to replace him

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Bass is a very good centre but he is not a full back.. Moving players around to unfamiliar positions will not solve our problems, it causes more. In my opinion, moving Marsh from full back should be a last resort. His defence, his positional play, and his organisation from the back are exceptional. If he has to play in the halves, then bring in Harrison, a recognised full back to replace him

Bass actually played fullback for Coventry bears for some time , he's a very good utility back who will fit in where needed , agreed marsh should be our first choice fullback also when moved to halfback he wasn't as potent as o Hagan , dean or lewis but if no other options then maybe, Harrison needs time , far too young and naive to deal with championship rugby yet , washbrook could surprise us and be that Flynn or Sykes we so badly need , anyway roll on Sunday up the knights😀😀😀

3 hours ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Sure bass has played fullback for the knights and is good defensively,but is certainly not as good as marsh in attack,let's hope he can get a half back in before the weekend 

Oh dear. Just been looking at footage of Sunday and I'll be surprised if we dont have a player up before the disciplinary for the on report challenge on Grix in the lead up to Salty's try. Doesnt look great...

18 hours ago, andyacko said:

Oh dear. Just been looking at footage of Sunday and I'll be surprised if we dont have a player up before the disciplinary for the on report challenge on Grix in the lead up to Salty's try. Doesnt look great...

Yeah looks a bad one from Atkins, closed fist suggests intent and a clear attack to the head. Was put on report but with the disciplinary you just never know. About 14.18 on there if the video isn't too bad to watch.

I’m all for a bit of aggression and intensity but that’s a ridiculous shot. We are desperately looking to these ex SL players for guidance and leadership and just not getting it at the moment. 

Archived