Question

lingaro

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Robin Evans said:

yeh.... its suggy. Definitely suggy. blame him!!!

oh aye, bez n'all.

If you find me BREAKING  the law i will donate my next month wage to the squad builder. I must of been living in an alternate reality in the 70s

1 minute ago, gingdong said:

If you find me BREAKING  the law i will donate my next month wage to the squad builder. I must of been living in an alternate reality in the 70s

I saw and heard some right sheeite at football and rugby in my teens and early adulthood.

Without any dismissal of current concerns, it does get right on my bits when my generation behave and sound like we were all angels way back in the day. There was some right sheeite flying back then. I myself got leathered at St Helen's in 83.

The club has concerns to address. I'm happy to let them get on with it.

I very much doubt anything done or chanted last Sunday broke any laws. If people want to complain about someones behaviour that DOESNT break the law thats upto them. But i would tread carefully because they may just remind you of something you do or have done that they dont approve of

There's a letter in The League  Express slating the club and fans saying we shouldn't be let into SL because  every where (we) go there is trouble BUT the letter is from someone in HULL !!! Wow there's never been any trouble with either set of Hull  clubs fans as there lol. So a MINORITY of fans cause trouble and we're all tarred with the same brush.

47 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

There's a letter in The League  Express slating the club and fans saying we shouldn't be let into SL because  every where (we) go there is trouble BUT the letter is from someone in HULL !!! Wow there's never been any trouble with either set of Hull  clubs fans as there lol. So a MINORITY of fans cause trouble and we're all tarred with the same brush.

I read that letter. Pot and kettle comes to mind. Both Hull grounds used to be very intimidating places to visit. I am sure both Hull Clubs have some idiots who follow them, most if not all Clubs do. On another Sport, there is always plenty of trouble causers at Hull City when Leeds United visit there.

2 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

I read that letter. Pot and kettle comes to mind. Both Hull grounds used to be very intimidating places to visit. I am sure both Hull Clubs have some idiots who follow them, most if not all Clubs do. On another Sport, there is always plenty of trouble causers at Hull City when Leeds United visit there.

I went to the Hull club years ago and was in a crowd with Hull supporters around me.  I was living in Bramley at the time because of my job, so couldn't go with the Featherstone supporters. I was looking for them when a couple of big blokes told me not to shout for my team whilst standing there or I would be in trouble. Trouble is not new .

14 hours ago, gingdong said:

I very much doubt anything done or chanted last Sunday broke any laws. 

In England and Wales, swearing in public where it is seen to cause harassment, alarm or distress may constitute an offence under section 5(1) and (6) of the Public Order Act 1986. In Scotland, a similar common law offence of breach of the peace covers issues causing public alarm and distress

‐----------

however..... policing that may prove difficult. Most of us would have been guilty at some point.

you know where the line is drawn and we both know there is an element of self policing amongst the "elders" of the barm pots.  And you also know that there have been enough "incidents" to draw attention to the club that the club doesn't need. 

I'm being really selfish here. There's something different this season. We're on the edge of the biggest season in a generation. Eyes on the prize. I really don't want anything to be an obstacle to promotion. But that's.just me being a self serving selfish bug ger.

On 12/06/2021 at 04:32, lingaro said:

It didn’t look good embarrassed, to be honest reading those articles.  There was also racist comments shouted when the players lined up.  I used to wear my flat cap with pride but watching and listening to the element behind the sticks last week it seems to have been adopted as a uniform for political views that I don’t want to be associated with.

there was no racist comments shouted that i heard all day and the club are been investigated for it, so if you heard it what was the comment

1 hour ago, Robin Evans said:

In England and Wales, swearing in public where it is seen to cause harassment, alarm or distress may constitute an offence under section 5(1) and (6) of the Public Order Act 1986. In Scotland, a similar common law offence of breach of the peace covers issues causing public alarm and distress

‐----------

however..... policing that may prove difficult. Most of us would have been guilty at some point.

you know where the line is drawn and we both know there is an element of self policing amongst the "elders" of the barm pots.  And you also know that there have been enough "incidents" to draw attention to the club that the club doesn't need. 

I'm being really selfish here. There's something different this season. We're on the edge of the biggest season in a generation. Eyes on the prize. I really don't want anything to be an obstacle to promotion. But that's.just me being a self serving selfish bug ger.

the police draw the line and thats the way it must be, 

On 12/06/2021 at 04:32, lingaro said:

It didn’t look good embarrassed, to be honest reading those articles.  There was also racist comments shouted when the players lined up.  I used to wear my flat cap with pride but watching and listening to the element behind the sticks last week it seems to have been adopted as a uniform for political views that I don’t want to be associated with.

saying we dont take the knee IS not a racist comment, taking the knee is a political gesture as said by the home secretary and objecting to that gesture IS NOT A RACIST COMMENT

36 minutes ago, gingdong said:

saying we dont take the knee IS not a racist comment, taking the knee is a political gesture as said by the home secretary and objecting to that gesture IS NOT A RACIST COMMENT

It's fantastic that so many supporters are so knowledgable on Marxism. 

Archived