Dewsbury away

Batley Bob

Rams put a good shift in in the 1st half and were the better team. Soon as we got our 1st try in the 2nd half they dropped off. Good job the majority of our field kicking was distinctly average again and Hooley's inability to make 3 passes on their line or else we'd have been into the 50's.

What an effort after Sunday! We looked tried a few times just before Half time but the try on half time lifted us but we conceded just after... before leak took control with white and Gilmore... Our forwards got the momentum back and didn’t let it slip I thought Edwards first try was magic 

our biggest away win against the rams since 1994 & our biggest score at new crown flatt 

11 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

What an effort after Sunday! We looked tried a few times just before Half time but the try on half time lifted us but we conceded just after... before leak took control with white and Gilmore... Our forwards got the momentum back and didn’t let it slip I thought Edwards first try was magic 

our biggest away win against the rams since 1994 & our biggest score at new crown flatt 

Didn't we score 40+ against them in 2016?

12 hours ago, phildog said:

Rams put a good shift in in the 1st half and were the better team. Soon as we got our 1st try in the 2nd half they dropped off. Good job the majority of our field kicking was distinctly average again and Hooley's inability to make 3 passes on their line or else we'd have been into the 50's.

Yep. I'll forgive that one right near the end, as we were so far in front but I hope that's not going to be the norm. Side before self!!

Nice to see the 600 Bulldog fans got the Rams total over the 1000 attendance mark

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Nice to see the 600 Bulldog fans got the Rams total over the 1000 attendance mark

We are, of course eternally grateful, as ever.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

11 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Like a few of your lot when Toby came off the ball before the high shot... one dewsbury fan in 2nd half was still crying to the touch judge about it... 

They did nowt but moan for 80 minutes!! 

12 hours ago, Keep The Faith said:

Like a few of your lot when Toby came off the ball before the high shot... one dewsbury fan in 2nd half was still crying to the touch judge about it... 

Is "coming off the ball" before a head shot now acceptable?

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 hours ago, Batley Bob said:

Did anyone know we were playing for the Roy Powell trophy , I thought that was our pre season game 

Play for it every time we meet 

at one time if we didn’t beat them about 20 years ago they’d of kept but storey and lingard had other plans that night the monument for the club also changed  

Archived