Newcastle A

Wakefield Ram

FEV played them tuther week

Newcastle have a big pack 2 lively halfbacks some quick outside backs and the everlasting Bob Beswick

Although well beaten  68-12 their heads never dropped and they played the full 80

Despite the score and as daft as it sounds they played some good rugby

I think your defence will have to be on the ball  all the game because Newcastle keep coming and if it doesn't do the job you ask from it Newcastle will score 

56 minutes ago, POR said:

FEV played them tuther week

Newcastle have a big pack 2 lively halfbacks some quick outside backs and the everlasting Bob Beswick

Although well beaten  68-12 their heads never dropped and they played the full 80

Despite the score and as daft as it sounds they played some good rugby

I think your defence will have to be on the ball  all the game because Newcastle keep coming and if it doesn't do the job you ask from it Newcastle will score 

Full expect a defeat, they've a big pack, creative halfback and capable of scoring points, we have no creativity and the amount of points scored is testament to that fact, about time a breath of fresh air blew into the halfbacks Newcastle 30 Rams 16, attendance at lest 4 MOM anyone who stands out 🤔😒

19 hours ago, coolie said:

Full expect a defeat, they've a big pack, creative halfback and capable of scoring points, we have no creativity and the amount of points scored is testament to that fact, about time a breath of fresh air blew into the halfbacks Newcastle 30 Rams 16, attendance at lest 4 MOM anyone who stands out 🤔😒

Gotta agree Coolie.   I’ll go rams 12- Newcastle 28

There’s no way we will win. I don’t think our defence is that brilliant, after  all we let Sheffield score three tries and on a wide field like Thunder’s, they could run amok like Featherstone managed to do. 
Then consider our attack, but there is very little to consider though is there.  We do not apply much Pression on our opponents, nor are we creative and rarely see players backing up if a teammate gets through a gap. 

Newcastle 40-10 Dewsbury 

FTS: Magrin

MoM: Day

Att; 877

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Well, I think that I need to reflect the mood of the nation and go for a win:

Thunder 24 - 26 Rams

FTS Finn

Att: 678

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

3 hours ago, Blind side johnny said:

Well, I think that I need to reflect the mood of the nation and go for a win:

Thunder 24 - 26 Rams

FTS Finn

Att: 678

I'll have a pint of what he's drinking🤔

And make my white lines not as big🤔

As my nose is smaller 🤔

🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔🤔

Cannot fault the effort but once we get near the opposition line we look disorganised, never try and force a drop out, don't kick enough to the corners and even try to drive over on the last tackle. And not sure what the point of Finn just giving the opposition full back easy uncontested catches.

Our two tries came from a miskick but expertly finished by Carr, who looks a quality winger. And the other a brilliant solo effort from Dixon stepping a number of players and scoring from nothing.

Our attack is inept and I’m not sure the defence is any better. When we score tries they are usually individual products and today was the same. Can’t fault the try scorers, both individual efforts and Dixon’s arguably the try of the match. Late on when Finn made a dash for the line, perhaps he should have taken the tackle rather throwing out a feeble pass which was taken by a defender, but shouldn’t there have been someone supporting him for such a move? Our players do not support their teammates; if they did we might score more points.

Prior to their first try, where our right side (for once) was caught napping, did Fleming knock on, or did it drop behind him? The worst try conceded must have been when Ta’ai toyed with us and we just watched him, leaving that big gap for the try scorer to shoot through.

It didn’t make good viewing for me.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

Agree, forwards run on their own, first four drives are Fleming, Oakes, Gabriel, Dixon. We had 2 offloads today, Finn has been a brilliant player but he's just too slow now and his kicking is mostly ineffectual, still busts a gut on defence, but if Alex Smith played like that he'd be dropped. 

Lets hope we see the return of Sykes, Day, Butterworth, Walton soon to spark some life into the attack. At the moment, it's like watching paint dry very slowly.

On 11/07/2021 at 21:53, Wakefield Ram said:

Agree, forwards run on their own, first four drives are Fleming, Oakes, Gabriel, Dixon. We had 2 offloads today, Finn has been a brilliant player but he's just too slow now and his kicking is mostly ineffectual, still busts a gut on defence, but if Alex Smith played like that he'd be dropped. 

Lets hope we see the return of Sykes, Day, Butterworth, Walton soon to spark some life into the attack. At the moment, it's like watching paint dry very slowly.

I agree 100% about Finn, I've still no idea why Greenwood took Smith off and moved Finn to the halves as we looked worse when that decision was made, it was quite a disappointing loss on Sunday as the win was there for the taking.

On 11/07/2021 at 20:50, Crown Flatter said:

Prior to their first try, where our right side (for once) was caught napping

Sorry to disagree with you but our right side is ALWAYS porous. I have said this before many times and do not blame the players, just the organisation. How many tries did Newcastle score down our right side. — answer 3. Our right side is atrocious and needs seriously looking at. Can’t our experienced coaching staff see this? I can’t make the Batley game but somebody just count the tries against our right side and post it on here please.

2 hours ago, myview said:

Sorry to disagree with you but our right side is ALWAYS porous. I have said this before many times and do not blame the players, just the organisation. How many tries did Newcastle score down our right side. — answer 3. Our right side is atrocious and needs seriously looking at. Can’t our experienced coaching staff see this? I can’t make the Batley game but somebody just count the tries against our right side and post it on here please.

There’s no disagreement, I was being sarcastic. It’s obvious to all supporters, but seemingly not the coaches, that  we leave that side wide open.

Legs, Dews, Legs.

22 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

There’s no disagreement, I was being sarcastic. It’s obvious to all supporters, but seemingly not the coaches, that  we leave that side wide open.

I think that this porosity goes back through about four coaches, at least.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

Archived