Jump to content

2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers


Recommended Posts


The WC gear will not be official 'England' product, but official 'WC' product. So it wouldn't have necessarily gone past the RFL, just like all the other teams merch wouldn't have gone past their governing bodies. its classic low level licensing.

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

The WC gear will not be official 'England' product, but official 'WC' product. So it wouldn't have necessarily gone past the RFL, just like all the other teams merch wouldn't have gone past their governing bodies. its classic low level licensing.

Without going over the colour schemes again,  but red is still part of England's colour scheme anyway,  plenty of their official training gear is red,  in a similar way that when our kits have been red we've had plenty of blue training gear and t shirts etc. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, EastLondonMike said:

The WC gear will not be official 'England' product, but official 'WC' product. So it wouldn't have necessarily gone past the RFL, just like all the other teams merch wouldn't have gone past their governing bodies. its classic low level licensing.

And both are absolutely terrible.

Add to the fact its Kappa whose sizes are dsigned for Itallian midgets and their quality is the worst ive seen in over 30 years of buying replica shirts.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Ragingbull said:

And both are absolutely terrible.

Add to the fact its Kappa whose sizes are dsigned for Itallian midgets and their quality is the worst ive seen in over 30 years of buying replica shirts.

They are not great. This is very true. Not wanting to go down another rabbit hole but sizing really should be driven by (in this case) the RLWC guys, not Kappa. Because then you do have a situation where you are working with a number of different partners, each working to a different size spec. creating confusion for the consumer. Though to be fair this is something that you'd possibly only pick up on if you worked in apparel. 

I'd also assume the Kappa license holder in the UK are the principal partner here, not Kappa in Italy. Though Italians generally are the same size as us Brits 🙂

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, EastLondonMike said:

They are not great. This is very true. Not wanting to go down another rabbit hole but sizing really should be driven by (in this case) the RLWC guys, not Kappa. Because then you do have a situation where you are working with a number of different partners, each working to a different size spec. creating confusion for the consumer. Though to be fair this is something that you'd possibly only pick up on if you worked in apparel. 

I'd also assume the Kappa license holder in the UK are the principal partner here, not Kappa in Italy. Though Italians generally are the same size as us Brits 🙂

I don’t understand why sizes aren’t universal. Surely a *42” chest is a 42” chest whether I’m British or Chinese? If a 42” chest is a M then it’s a M worldwide. I don’t get why a M suddenly becomes a S with a different manufacturer or it’s sold in a different country!

*Other measuring systems and shirt sizes are available.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

I don’t understand why sizes aren’t universal. Surely a *42” chest is a 42” chest whether I’m British or Chinese? If a 42” chest is a M then it’s a M worldwide. I don’t get why a M suddenly becomes a S with a different manufacturer or it’s sold in a different country!

*Other measuring systems and shirt sizes are available.

In Asia, it wouldn't make sense. I buy S here but XL over there.

Edit:

There is also the advantage of buying kids size clothing for adult relatives over there (no VAT)

Edited by Wholly Trinity
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Gomersall said:

I don’t understand why sizes aren’t universal. Surely a *42” chest is a 42” chest whether I’m British or Chinese? If a 42” chest is a M then it’s a M worldwide. I don’t get why a M suddenly becomes a S with a different manufacturer or it’s sold in a different country!

*Other measuring systems and shirt sizes are available.

Most brands operate with their own size guides, for their own reasons, which differ in  parts. Depending on the kind of fit they want. Most brands (the good ones) will instruct a supplier to work to their size guides so consumers can buy safe in the knowledge that the T-shirt they bought a few years ago will fit exactly the same as the one available to purchase now.

  • Like 1

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know it's off topic,  but the reception to the England football kit for the Fifa World Cup is not good! 

The red away kit does seem popular -  on that topic,  surely England RL will have one?  I hate this attitude that the big nations don't have 2nd kits,  just the plebs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Ragingbull said:

And both are absolutely terrible.

Add to the fact its Kappa whose sizes are dsigned for Itallian midgets and their quality is the worst ive seen in over 30 years of buying replica shirts.

I tried shopping for clothes in Italy once, never again 😄 felt a right fat barsteward.

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

The red away kit does seem popular -  on that topic,  surely England RL will have one?  I hate this attitude that the big nations don't have 2nd kits,  just the plebs. 

If for nothing else than it’s another source of income.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gomersall said:

If for nothing else than it’s another source of income.

I think kit launches are a good way for a bit of media and fan coverage too.  People like kits and there are collectors around,  we should have a 1st and 2nd kit for every nation. 

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I know it's off topic,  but the reception to the England football kit for the Fifa World Cup is not good! 

The 'home' one just looks like a training top to me. I can see the red one selling really well though.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

27 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The 'home' one just looks like a training top to me. I can see the red one selling really well though.

surely not... navy blue is the way!! 

(agree the away is nice but £75 for a football shirt.. crikey!)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

The 'home' one just looks like a training top to me. I can see the red one selling really well though.

It does surprise me how many different ways you can get classic football kits 'wrong'. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I think kit launches are a good way for a bit of media and fan coverage too.  People like kits and there are collectors around,  we should have a 1st and 2nd kit for every nation. 

I totally get what you are saying but on average, England football must play ten games in a calendar year, we’re very lucky as a sport if we get an average of 4 a year and an alternate kit when England play that few seems a bit of a rip off for fans, especially given the likely usage we’d get out of an alternate kit. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Jughead said:

I totally get what you are saying but on average, England football must play ten games in a calendar year, we’re very lucky as a sport if we get an average of 4 a year and an alternate kit when England play that few seems a bit of a rip off for fans, especially given the likely usage we’d get out of an alternate kit. 

Im referring to a tournament like this year.  We should make it to the semi finals (don't want to jinx us),  which would see us play 5 games plus a warmup,  plus 2 Knights games,  I think of all years an alternate strip would be used this year. 

Even Brazil have an alternate strip. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Dave T said:

Im referring to a tournament like this year.  We should make it to the semi finals (don't want to jinx us),  which would see us play 5 games plus a warmup,  plus 2 Knights games,  I think of all years an alternate strip would be used this year. 

Even Brazil have an alternate strip. 

We're going to need one for the world cup - every team in our group is playing in blue and white.

I think the French alternate kit is mainly red, so that's fine. Greece have a blue with white stripes 1st choice and a white with blue stripes 2nd choice. Samoa - 1st choice blue with white trim, 2nd choice white with blue trim.

England need an alternative to wear in two of the three group games. France could end up wearing their 2nd kit in every match!

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

I take it you’re not a Chelsea fan. £75 would be classed as cheap.

Lionesses shirt was £95+ in the summer, I think.

  • Like 1

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Gomersall said:

Chelsea’s is circa £114 😳

No wonder there is a market for cunning fakes that are impossible to tell from the real thing, as in

Manchester United transfer news: This fake Manchester United kit is easily  the worst thing ever | Metro News

  • Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

We're going to need one for the world cup - every team in our group is playing in blue and white.

I think the French alternate kit is mainly red, so that's fine. Greece have a blue with white stripes 1st choice and a white with blue stripes 2nd choice. Samoa - 1st choice blue with white trim, 2nd choice white with blue trim.

England need an alternative to wear in two of the three group games.

I'm stunned that Greece have a) thought that kit was a good idea, and b ) had it approved!

The Greece one is problematic, I think the others should work out in terms of light base v dark base....

But it doesn't make sense that it is just the 'smaller' nations that have alternate strips, and not England, Aus etc.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gomersall said:

I take it you’re not a Chelsea fan. £75 would be classed as cheap.

no i'm not... as an Owl i know this years shirt is up there at around that but I'm still always shocked by it..  its an utter waste of money the material is awful the designs are never great I'd bauk at paying that much for most of my clothes (except good shoes, a suit (or nice smart jacket) and a good coat!)

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...