2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

That’s no barometer- Oxen seem to be thriving 😉

Thats because Player layer did not do enough colour variations of the same design, or do enough sales, or randomly change the kit colour.. I mean they should have changed Jamaica and Huddersfield to Blue and white and all would have been well. 

12 hours ago, EastLondonMike said:

Player layer were still active on LinkedIn 2 weeks ago. Maybe they are in the process of winding up.

The administrators of Playerlayer's parent company sold that part of the business to a new company who presumably will have rights to continue using the Playerlayer brand. Guessing they may have taken on existing contracts too.

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Moove said:

The administrators of Playerlayer's parent company sold that part of the business to a new company who presumably will have rights to continue using the Playerlayer brand. Guessing they may have taken on existing contracts too.

Yeah, that’s what I thought might have happened. 

Newham Dockers - Champions 2013. Rugby League For East London. 100% Cockney Rugby League!

Twitter: @NewhamDockersRL - Get following!

www.newhamdockers.co.uk

6 minutes ago, philipw said:

Seems the negativity here isn’t reflected in sales….. 

Maybe so…

…however, that statistic is utterly misleading without any stats.

for a start this shirt was available with 50% off and also as part of a two for one.

how many of those that bought the existing shirt in that first month last year bought this at 50% in the first ten days.

Also the shirt release last year coincided with reports that  the tournament might not happen.

its not really a fair comparison 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, philipw said:

Seems the negativity here isn’t reflected in sales….. 

Again, without actual numbers, that doesn't mean much.

That could mean 90 shirts were bought in 10 days compared to 30 in a month previously.

In addition to Oxen's willingness to drop it, all this stat says is that the Old shirt wasn't very popular. Despite the supposedly significant market research Oxen had done on that one

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Maybe so…

for a start this shirt was available with 50% off and also as part of a two for one.

how many of those that bought the existing shirt in that first month last year bought this at 50% in the first ten days.

Also the shirt release last year coincided with reports that  the tournament might not happen.

Tbf it’s not misleading, they’ve just stated the fact. Ok it might lack context but it’s not misleading at all. 

30 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Maybe so…

It's suggestive of some kind of uptick though, even accounting for people who bought last year who cashed in their discount. Which given the general negativity (including from yours truly) is interesting. 

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

It is misleading because its trying to say they’ve shifted loads of them, without stats it doesn’t mean much.

It’s saying they’ve sold 3 x more than the previous one, they’re not saying anything else. 

16 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

It's suggestive of some kind of uptick though, even accounting for people who bought last year who cashed in their discount. Which given the general negativity (including from yours truly) is interesting. 

It may have sold loads, who knows? And if so good on them.

they may have sold even more if they’d released something that was positively recieved.

Oxem often release marketing  like this, I think they stated the dour grey leeds away shirt was the ‘fastest selling kit’ they’ve produced- i hardly see anyone wearing them.

my issues surrounding the shirt were more than just shirt sales though, but let’s not go back down that rabbit hole.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

It may have sold loads, who knows? And if so good on them.

they may have sold even more if they’d released something that was positively recieved.

Oxem often release marketing  like this, I think they stated the dour grey leeds away shirt was the ‘fastest selling kit’ they’ve produced- i hardly see anyone wearing them.

my issues surrounding the shirt were more than just shirt sales though, but let’s not go back down that rabbit hole.

Do you think Oxen have done anything positive, or released anything designed well, or of a decent quality, ever? 

The reason I ask, is that as a normal punter, I now have two good quality and nicely designed England RL Hoodie, and there are plenty more things on the shop that I'd be happy to wear at the gym or round the pool on holiday. 

Your posting history on Oxen is quite extreme imho. 

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Dave T said:

Do you think Oxen have done anything positive, or released anything designed well, or of a decent quality, ever? 

The reason I ask, is that as a normal punter, I now have two good quality and nicely designed England RL Hoodie, and there are plenty more things on the shop that I'd be happy to wear at the gym or round the pool on holiday. 

Your posting history on Oxen is quite extreme imho. 

Im a bit of a jersey nerd that’s all.

The player issue playing shirts they sell are decent quality.

I just don’t like their business model and I don’t think the stuff they produce is good enough for our national side (and my club). 

It may come across as extreme but bar on here and the ofd rant in twitter I’m not actually as bothered as it may seem, although I would like to buy some rhinos/england training gear but since they stopped selling XS I can no longer get anything that fits - same goes for replica shirts - im sure you can maybe see how that is annoying.

• Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

I just don’t like their business model and I don’t think the stuff they produce is good enough for our national side (and my club). 

It may come across as extreme but bar on here and the ofd rant in twitter I’m not actually as bothered as it may seem, although I would like to buy some rhinos/england training gear but since they stopped selling XS I can no longer get anything that fits - same goes for replica shirts - im sure you can maybe see how that is annoying.

I certainly think the noticeable drop in quality between ISC and Oxen also factors into this for Leeds fans. I too also find their fast fashion approach a bit unethical. 

Perhaps Oxen will develop into a good solid sportswear brand. But it annoys me that they have been given the Rhinos gig before proving themselves elsewhere first.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I certainly think the noticeable drop in quality between ISC and Oxen also factors into this for Leeds fans. I too also find their fast fashion approach a bit unethical. 

Perhaps Oxen will develop into a good solid sportswear brand. But it annoys me that they have been given the Rhinos gig before proving themselves elsewhere first.

I think it made financial sense for the Rhinos - which I can obviously understand.

ISC had a lot of quality issues for the first few years but after that they did produce quality stuff but it mustn’t have been financially viable.

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

59 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I do understand some of the criticisms, however as an England fan it hasn't been unusual to go onto the merch shop and not be able to buy anything. Even with better brands the shop has been bare. 

I think they are unfairly judged and are actually being judged harshly because of some of the Leeds tat. 

As fans we have a choice of four ranges of leisure/training wear, which I personally like - apart from the armed forces range, the quality of the goodies I have is very good, I think it was RP who said the new shirt was decent quality too. 

If you go back in this thread, every time they release something the same lazy criticisms are rolled out, with comments about new ranges every week and them being put into the bargain bins on sale - however, Oxen haven't done that for England, currently all four ranges are on sale at full price - so we have a choice of around 20 England items, all at full price. 

We don't need to go round the design piece again, that is often down to taste, but much of the criticism is literally for stuff that they are not doing. People are making things up.