2022 New Kits, Sponsors and Suppliers

8 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Do Souths actually need an away shirt?

I would have thought they will when they play Canberra.

I know that some sports also try to avoid teams in green playing against teams in red because it's hellish for people playing/watching who are colour blind. So possibly Brisbane, Manly and next year Dolphins could cause problems for some people - I don't think NRL consider this though.

Edited by Barley Mow
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Barley Mow said:

I would have thought they will when they play Canberra.

I know that some sports also try to avoid teams in green playing against teams in red because it's hellish for people playing/watching who are colour blind. So possibly Brisbane, Manly and next year Dolphins could cause problems for some people - I don't think NRL consider this though.

spacer.png

Craziness. 

On 27/08/2022 at 01:20, Barley Mow said:

Yes. I can see little point in having a home jersey that is blue with white hoops and an away one which is white with blue hoops.

If one clashes with the opposition, the other is likely to as well.

Guess it depends on what the opposition kit looked like. For the original England RLWC kit, the predominantly blue kit would provide enough contrast, whilst the predominantly white kit would contrast enough against Samoa and if they were to face the likes of France at any stage.

PACIFIQUE TREIZE: Join the team by registering as a fan today at pacifique13.com

• 3 weeks later...
33 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

What that does show is the daftness of not putting any red on the actual shirt.

But lets not go there again 🙂

No let's go there. It's shocking how little joined up thinking there is. These designs will be signed off by the WC team who work for the same organisation who signed off the blue shirt. Does anyone speak to each other? Or was this Oxen doing something off the cuff and the RFL being bounced into it?

• Like 1

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

2 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

No let's go there. It's shocking how little joined up thinking there is. These designs will be signed off by the WC team who work for the same organisation who signed off the blue shirt. Does anyone speak to each other? Or was this Oxen doing something off the cuff and the RFL being bounced into it?

Presumably the designs with the red have been on the pipeline for over a year, the blue kit seemed to come from nowhere. The point you make remains, though. 

1 minute ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Every tournament has official nation stuff that will be different to what the teams themselves produce.

At the women's Euros there was specific nation tat that was completely different to the Lionesses range for example.

My England cricket 2019 shirt is from the tournament range rather than the New Balance range England had at the time. Looks completely different.

A rare one where this is just what happens *and* the collection is a lot, lot better looking than previous RLWCs have had.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

6 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

The ones on the RLWC site will have probably been signed off ages ago with it being postponed- which was part of my beef with suddenly changing the colours of the kit!

As i say I can’t be arsed going over it again.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

What that does show is the daftness of not putting any red on the actual shirt.

But lets not go there again 🙂

Sounds like this has the makings of an interesting debate, tell me more......

• Haha 2