Jump to content

BBC Sport website


Recommended Posts


13 hours ago, HawkMan said:

FFS This is the third snide post about Women's football you've posted. Something against Women have you?

Scotland Women's football on YouTube,  2 years ago  206K views.

England RL on YouTube also 2 years ago 4K views 

 

Calm down, just a bit of banter. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, clogdance said:

Breaking News

This is THE sports headline on the BBC website tonight, even though Newcastle United (men) played Leeds United (men) in the Premier League. 🤣

That's because  International sport trumps National sport which in turn trumps Regional sport..and so on  

I'm interested in that drive, that rush to judgment, that is so prevalent in our society. We all know that pleasurable rush that comes from condemning, and in the short term it's quite a satisfying thing to do, isn't it?

J. K. Rowling

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, clogdance said:

Breaking News

This is THE sports headline on the BBC website tonight, even though Newcastle United (men) played Leeds United (men) in the Premier League. 🤣

Sky Sports website also ranks England women's win in a World Cup qualifier as being ahead of Newcastle v Leeds. They do, however, think both are less important than a Championship football club entering administration.

Unlike the BBC, Sky Sports, do not have any rugby league at all on their website.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Sky Sports website also ranks England women's win in a World Cup qualifier as being ahead of Newcastle v Leeds. They do, however, think both are less important than a Championship football club entering administration.

Unlike the BBC, Sky Sports, do not have any rugby league at all on their website.

That's a real challenge isn't it? They actually feature the RU game broadcast by BT Sport and don't mention the game on their own channels. 

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

That's a real challenge isn't it? They actually feature the RU game broadcast by BT Sport and don't mention the game on their own channels. 

I don't tend to look at that site so I was genuinely surprised by the total absence of even a little bit of video content from Super League. Not good at all.

I'd expected to be making a comment about how the BBC had us ranked fifth (as they did when I checked this morning) versus whatever Sky had it at. The idea that Sky wouldn't have rugby league at all didn't even occur to me.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, gingerjon said:

I don't tend to look at that site so I was genuinely surprised by the total absence of even a little bit of video content from Super League. Not good at all.

I'd expected to be making a comment about how the BBC had us ranked fifth (as they did when I checked this morning) versus whatever Sky had it at. The idea that Sky wouldn't have rugby league at all didn't even occur to me.

Same here, I use the app, but it is appalling, and does rather dispel the myth that Sky will only cover what they have. It shows they will act like any commercial website. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, clogdance said:

Excellent BBC coverage on today's championship eliminator's.   🤣     https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league

There was coverage though. As the games were on, as well as live scores you could listen to commentary live on the site.  It was the banner item on the Rugby League page.

I accept that the lack of match reports is poor though.

  • Like 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, clogdance said:

Excellent reporting on today's championship play-off semi's by the BBC.....HA HA

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/rugby-league

Well, it's one of either the third biggest city in France with a massive RU club who are very supportive of a RL team (which is completely unprecendented in French RL history and might start to heal those gaping wounds) are getting into SL or the third and smallest club in the metroploitan district of Wakefield are.

So to be fair to the BBC, these elements pretty much cancel each other out in terms of developing the game so zero coverage is about right. 

I'm not going to mention the respective crowds, because the games were not on the BBC and it was a sunny day in Toulouse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Whippet13 said:

Well, it's one of either the third biggest city in France with a massive RU club who are very supportive of a RL team (which is completely unprecendented in French RL history and might start to heal those gaping wounds) are getting into SL or the third and smallest club in the metroploitan district of Wakefield are.

So to be fair to the BBC, these elements pretty much cancel each other out in terms of developing the game so zero coverage is about right. 

I'm not going to mention the respective crowds, because the games were not on the BBC and it was a sunny day in Toulouse. 

So, you're not a fan of Featherstone Rovers. That still does not excuse the pitiful lack of reporting from the BBC. If it was the women's equivalent, there would have probably have been a match report.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, clogdance said:

So, you're not a fan of Featherstone Rovers. That still does not excuse the pitiful lack of reporting from the BBC. If it was the women's equivalent, there would have probably have been a match report.

There was no match report of the women's shield semi finals last week. They very rarely report on second tier anything other than football.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Moove said:

There was no match report of the women's shield semi finals last week. They very rarely report on second tier anything other than football.

You can prove anything with facts.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...