Jump to content

Fri 1st Oct : SL play off SF : St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 Sky TV


Who will win?  

68 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • St Helens
      50
    • Leeds Rhinos
      18


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, yipyee said:

Even though Lui was targeted in defence by saints though.

First try wasnt a try an wouldnt have been if it went up as a no try.

The second was after 18 plays on the saints line after 3 repeat sets. You cant keep a team out forever in defence.

Leeds need to change half their pack and newman looked ordinary

Why was the first try not a try? 
 

Newman is a class player not sure it’s fair to judge him in a game where his side were well beaten.

we’ll see him kick on if he csn get some decent service from some sctual hslfbacks next year

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites


2 hours ago, yipyee said:

Even though Lui was targeted in defence by saints though.

First try wasnt a try an wouldnt have been if it went up as a no try.

The second was after 18 plays on the saints line after 3 repeat sets. You cant keep a team out forever in defence.

Leeds need to change half their pack and newman looked ordinary

Newman isn't ordinary, he is a quality player with the potential to be even better.

Swap him into that Saints side where the forwards laid the platform and their halves find space and quality service to the outside backs and he would have shone.

  • Like 5

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/10/2021 at 20:24, Just Browny said:

Kendall shouldn't be apologising to Roby for sending Matautia off; he should be sending the ###### Roby off too for moaning.

He’s captain he can moan all he wants. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 01/10/2021 at 21:26, 7723 said:

You can guarantee that would normally get a ban, but this is saints and a grand final, not a chance he will get a ban.

Have you calmed down yet 7723, or is that incident still on your mind. Take a couple of zopiclone it might give you a few hours away from “Saints always get away with everything”

  • Confused 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, M j M said:

Not even that, no.

It’s Roby he can do what he wants. The try he scored was a cracker for a 78yr old. It’s not as if Sinfield never stopped yapping and moaning, it’s nothing new it’s always gone on. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, Josef K said:

Have you calmed down yet 7723, or is that incident still on your mind. Take a couple of zopiclone it might give you a few hours away from “Saints always get away with everything”

Oh, grow up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 02/10/2021 at 15:04, redjonn said:

they could not cope with Saints intensity and eventually the tiredness  of a disrupted season caught up with them.

 

Why would Leeds be any more tired than Saints ?

Leeds played 3 more league games than Saints in the year and Saints played 3 more cup games than Leeds. The only difference overall was Leeds didn't earn the right to have a week off before the SF eliminator and played 1 more knock-out game.

St.Helens - The Home of Rugby Champions

Saints Men's team - Triple Champions & Double Winners ; Saints Women's team - Treble Winners ; Thatto Heath - National Conference Champions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

56 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Why would Leeds be any more tired than Saints ?

Leeds played 3 more league games than Saints in the year and Saints played 3 more cup games than Leeds. The only difference overall was Leeds didn't earn the right to have a week off before the SF eliminator and played 1 more knock-out game.

Leeds didn’t fork out £5k to have a nice break after the cup final.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Leeds didn’t fork out £5k to have a nice break after the cup final.

Why would they - Leeds didn't even make it past the 3rd round of the cup 😉

St.Helens - The Home of Rugby Champions

Saints Men's team - Triple Champions & Double Winners ; Saints Women's team - Treble Winners ; Thatto Heath - National Conference Champions

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

Why would Leeds be any more tired than Saints ?

Leeds played 3 more league games than Saints in the year and Saints played 3 more cup games than Leeds. The only difference overall was Leeds didn't earn the right to have a week off before the SF eliminator and played 1 more knock-out game.

its often about mental tiredness... physically their may not be much difference but when constantly under pressure and the intensity of Saints game that mental fatigue come's to the fore and impacts. 

As simple as that...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Looking at the Leeds squad for this season they have a lot of bog standard players. Next season i think they’ll be stronger.

Why Saints have signed Hurrell from Leeds though is puzzling, he’s bloody rubbish. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...