A third party in charge of Rugby League?

23 minutes ago, Jughead said:

Nothing new here. 

They've been at it since at least last September when a specific group was set up to undertake these tasks.

The key to it all will be the neutering of the top clubs  vested interest stranglehold on the games direction. Will they sign over to a third party just because they seem to  have little faith in the RFL ?

No professional sport worldwide  has yet managed to control the big guys for the benefit of their wider playing memberships , even soccer and RU. And closer to home , as for the NRL.......

Just now, del capo said:

Nothing new here. 

They've been at it since at least last September when a specific group was set up to undertake these tasks.

The key to it all will be the neutering of the top clubs  vested interest stranglehold on the games direction. Will they sign over to a third party just because they seem to  have little faith in the RFL ?

No professional sport worldwide  has yet managed to control the big guys for the benefit of their wider playing memberships , even soccer and RU. And closer to home , as for the NRL.......

You’ve not read the link, have you?

24 minutes ago, del capo said:

Nothing new here. 

Yes there was talk of a third entity being created before Christmas. This just seems a rehash of that story.

48 minutes ago, JohnM said:

As I read it, not in charge of Rugby League but as in the headline an effort to bolster the finances of the sport. 

It certainly asks more questions than that proposal appears to answer. 

I look forward to the fighting between The RFL and Super League and who gets what if this happens. 

1 minute ago, Jughead said:

It certainly asks more questions than that proposal appears to answer. 

I look forward to the fighting between The RFL and Super League and who gets what if this happens. 

Totally agree Jughead.

First appeared as long ago as 10th September last year on Rugby-League.com news  section - previous  page 23 !

Are they standing apart to see if a 3rd party can raise and then distribute funding better  ( even PE ) or is this an RFL tactic to break the decision making of the 6 or so English  SL multi-millionaires who clearly  seem to just want to look after their own ?

1 hour ago, my missus said:

how does bringing in a third party save money? i thought the idea was to unify.

It doesn’t “save” the intention is to obtain expertise to grow the games profile/income. I suspect that at worst they’ll be looking at cost neutrality. 

It’s helpful that it’s now belatedly recognised that there is not the experience or expertise within the game commercially.

A little speculation for accumulation! 

030910105148.jpg

http://www.wiganstpats.org

Producing Players Since 1910

Archived