Stadium updates .......

20 minutes ago, Route66 said:

Really think that the new stadium is the last chance for a stable future for town,how many times do the club have to lurch into a  financial crisis before some people wake up to the fact that the current facility will never make enough money to ensure stability at the level we should be competing at. Get the corporate side right along with decent bars and you will gain a consistent income. 

Route 66 - typical reds supporter - stuff Town as long as we are ok.

Rubbish answer from a reds prospective.

Teams / Town getting into financial problems / reds have done this too in past has nothing to do with DP its down to players wages etc.

Town will survive at DP if this falls through - how will reds do if this happens??

Town have decent bars and other initiatives like 1945 club etc.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, dkw said:

Part of the funding application was based on it being a community stadium used by local amateur, youth teams etc. It's definitely not just for Town and Reds.

I take it the pitch will be a hybrid rather than a 4G one,if so there will be a limit on the amount of hours it’s used per week,so you’d think the training pitch will see the majority of community use.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Derwent Parker said:

Teams / Town getting into financial problems / reds have done this too in past has nothing to do with DP its down to players wages etc.

Town will survive at DP if this falls through - how will reds do if this happens??

did you listen to the interview? Dave Bowden basically said they clubs don't have a future or much of one without a new facility, the Town chairman said the same in the press a few weeks ago. Do you think they are just making it up for a laugh? 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

in that interview Dave Bowden states the football foundation are willing to invest a considerable sum of money for a community use pitch.

Yes that is the pitch on Lonsdale[old greyhound track - nothing to do with stadium - if you can call it that - BP with the roof put back on.

Still not as good as DP

• Confused 1

Just now, Derwent Parker said:

Yes that is the pitch on Lonsdale[old greyhound track - nothing to do with stadium - if you can call it that - BP with the roof put back on.

Still not as good as DP

eh? of course it is, it's part of the whole facility, it will be available to hire for the community and bring in revenue.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

I take it the pitch will be a hybrid rather than a 4G one,if so there will be a limit on the amount of hours it’s used per week,so you’d think the training pitch will see the majority of community use.

I don't think that's the same on next gen pitches, the ones like the maryport company put in are much better.

8 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

eh? of course it is, it's part of the whole facility, it will be available to hire for the community and bring in revenue.

Just listened to Dave's interview, very interesting. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

18 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

did you listen to the interview? Dave Bowden basically said they clubs don't have a future or much of one without a new facility, the Town chairman said the same in the press a few weeks ago. Do you think they are just making it up for a laugh? 

Give up mate hinge & bracket,are on another dimension.

F2619EBB-5CE0-41F9-B443-BCE5E0D90A8C.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

i would expect you to say that - i dont agree

• Confused 1

46 minutes ago, rockerlad said:

you can you can drink anywhere in the ground and have been able to for 2 seasons now.

Sorry marra, I forgot the drinking rules had been changed for Sunday league and below games. 

If you go with Davo hes the one with the Top Dec and he will have a felt hat on.

2 hours ago, Derwent Parker said:

I support both clubs just like many others, this allows me to have an unblinkered view you are letting emotional attachment to derwent park to cloud the bigger picture 

• Like 3

I have been a townie for 50 odd years and in that time been a ball boy helped my dad put Straw on the pitch in the 70s cleared snow off , helped clear water from the terraces, painted walls , worked on  turnstiles, but the old girl is nearing her end and I can't see her  lasting much longer, it will break my heart leaving DP but it's time to move on and hopefully the next generation can love the new ground as I have DP, I'm hopeful the new ground will be something we can all be proud of but we will have to wait and see I suppose, I'm putting my faith in the organisers, let's get behind it and see what happens .UTT 🔵⚪

• Like 4