London Broncos v Whitehaven RLFC - Who Will Win? (Sun 13th Feb 2022)

London Broncos v Whitehaven RLFC - Who Will Win? (Sun 13th Feb 2022)  

26 members have voted

1. 1. London Broncos v Whitehaven RLFC - Who Will Win?

• London Broncos
    • Whitehaven RLFC

2 minutes ago, Twickbronc said:

Based on that performance (and the previous two) we won't win one game all season. 

Won't work out like this. Otherwise, Barrow might go up. Hope you compete v Fev. Then things will turn. Gone through a big change. Does not mean certain relegation. And above all, Carry on going the home games !

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Cw25 said:

Won't work out like this. Otherwise, Barrow might go up. Hope you compete v Fev. Then things will turn. Gone through a big change. Does not mean certain relegation. And above all, Carry on going the home games !

Compete against Fev? No chance.

Amazing how quickly Broncos have fallen. The decision by management to sack Danny Ward was bonkers. One of the big issues is the treatment of people hence the exodus of players and staff at be end of last season. And yet some senior members of staff are still there. They have a head coach who's not up to it and even if they were to replace him don't have a good enough squad. They are an example of how not to run a club. 

On the plus side I've earned a few bucks betting against Broncos this season. Haven were +10 today! 

3 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

1411. Pretty good considering the weather and opposition.

Not sure what Broncos can do about halfbacks at this stage but a blind man could see that’s a problem position.

That’s a very positive attendance. 

Nearly three hours without any points, less so. 

11 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

1411. Pretty good considering the weather and opposition.

It's really poor considering what London need to be getting to even afford the rent.

Chief.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

The overall attendance may mask a few issues. I didn't see it for personal reasons but am informed: -

The much vaunted community stand held a smattering of people. This, given the strength of the opposition compared to Widnes, was a key game to push. This suggests the community drive may already be wobbling.

The club ran a cheap kids tickets offer but then failed to put on anything to appeal to kids.

The fan zone was closed. The opportunity to use that facility was one of the key arguments of moving to Dons. Hopefully Broncos haven't already given up on the opportunity to create an "event."

Unless new offers emerge Haven was the last opportunity for Dons fans, and others, to get in for a quid. How many will return at £22 for a league game given the offering bon and off the pitch?

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

I wouldn't get too loose-bowelled by 1.4K on a miserable February day against Whitehaven with no away fans. There was always going to be a dip from 2k for this one. 

There was.

But neither figure is high enough for the extra costs being incurred.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

TBH, right now the match day experience is dire.  They have no off-field entertainment for the kids, Fans Zone closed and the product on the pitch (nilled by Whitehaven) is not going to pull people to attend.

So for the York Game.   Will they have

• Buck and Dusty and kids activities
  • Fan Zone open
  • Food outlets (eg MyPie / vegan one)
  • 1/2 time activities?

As the above is part of why we moved to Wimbledon.  If they are not making use of the facilites then you have to question why not (this not aimed at Wimbledon but at Broncos mgmt)

1 minute ago, crashmon said:

TBH, right now the match day experience is dire.  They have no off-field entertainment for the kids, Fans Zone closed and the product on the pitch (nilled by Whitehaven) is not going to pull people to attend.

So for the York Game.   Will they have

• Buck and Dusty and kids activities
  • Fan Zone open
  • Food outlets (eg MyPie / vegan one)
  • 1/2 time activities?

As the above is part of why we moved to Wimbledon.  If they are not making use of the facilites then you have to question why not (this not aimed at Wimbledon but at Broncos mgmt)

It's easy to get distracted by the on field stuff and clearly the squad are not up to it. However Broncos biggest failing is how incompetent senior management at the club are. It's astonishing how mistake after mistake seemingly is just accepted. 

From somebody who was at the game (Not me but his words verbatum)

"

They handed out a team sheet (both teams) although Latu played but wasn't on the list.

Newcastle / Aston Villa was on all the TV screens

The announcer read out the teams so quickly I couldn't catch all the names.  Just about got the Broncos as he read them in player position order.  The four subs he was too quick for me!

The Fans Zone gate was locked as I suspected.

Food and drink was available.

I think that was it.  I think the toilets were open(!) but I bumped into some acquaintances on the way to use them and didn't in the end.

No mascots or anything for kids I could see.  Shame really.  I took a mate and his five year old yesterday to the football and he liked the kids drawing area and shooting at goals (didn't try either but watched), seeing Haydon the mascot before the game, spotting him in the programme, and watching him banging a wheelie bin in front of the crowd to start a chant (a bit cheesy but attracts the kids who run down to get a photo with him).  His priority was to buy something from the shop, which he did after the game.  Certainly need to target a little extra for the kids at the Broncos games"

I think the last paragraph is key, the person who attended is also a Wimbledon fan who went to the Saturday Dons football game.  You can see by reading the last paragraph what the Dons do on the football games, it can't be that hard for London to just repeat on the sunday (off the field), what the Dons do on the saturday.... But instead nothing at all

Yes Latu was not on team sheet and he played. (To be fair he was one of the better ones) Ulberg was on the list but did not play. Maybe Mustard is getting them confused 🤷‍♂️ 

The lack in ideas on the last play was so poor, no organisation whatsoever. Coleman says we need to be more clinical in attack but We never looked like getting within 10m of their tryline, let alone scoring. He also says it will take time to gel etc but we looked better against Widnes so we’ve got worse. Sorry but Coleman needs to go. Sadly all the damage has been done by DH and I think it’s too late for this club to recover. As a supporter for 20 years I’m done. Until the club/DH get their act together I will not be returning to support them

1 hour ago, Man of Kent said:

I wouldn't get too loose-bowelled by 1.4K on a miserable February day against Whitehaven with no away fans. There was always going to be a dip from 2k for this one. 

Whitehaven,the team that finished above London last year & beat Bradford in the playoffs.

No away fans,I see your crowd counting hasn’t improved.

18 hours ago, crashmon said:

I would not be so sure.  I'm pretty sure David Hughes was not expecting two sucessive nilled games, and a London team who knock on when close to the line time after time after time.

Don't see a London win now until may 1st possibly?   and they could easily ship 80+ next week to Fev.   If that happens may not be a London team end of the year

Could anyone see a plan out there though - some individual flair but not enough structure/shape and feet predictable tbh. DH needs to be more forceful with what he wants as been too hands off for too long and how he allowed so many league one players who had not made it beyond bottom 2 of table - their skill set showed yesterday with slow DM 

Archived