Sat 26th-Mon 28th Feb: The Betfred Challenge Cup Round Four Match Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Hunslet Parkside giving Sheffield a real game in the first half. 12-12

12-16 to Eagles at the break.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Newcastle's Craig Mullen opens the scoring, bursting through some iffy York tackles. Converted for 0:6.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, The Hallucinating Goose said:

Great try! 

Mullen's really in the mood to try anything, isn't he?

Good to see a Cup tie that isn't a slog through the mud, too.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Hunslet Parkside 16 Sheffield Eagles 22

They would have given their professional neighbours difficulty for sure.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Full time Workington 26 Dewsbury 12

Barrow 16-6 up at Rochdale. Looks like a full house for Cumbria in the next round.

1 hour ago, graveyard johnny said:

why did jonny campell never play in SL if he is/was that good? its obvious he is too old now 

That reminded me GJ - Denis Law was asked recently how his team of the 70s would get on against the Current Man U team.  Denis responded `Well I think we would win 1-0`   - Only 1-0 Denis? - Yeah - well we are all in our seventies now.`

2 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Great effort from Parkside

Even better now, it's 20-22 with kick to come, 5 minutes left

Edit: kick from touchline misses. Still in it for sure.

3 minutes ago, tim2 said:

Even better now, it's 20-22 with kick to come, 5 minutes left

Edit: kick from touchline misses. Still in it for sure.

Try Sheffield on 77 minutes 20-26 KTC

1 minute ago, Scubby said:

Would have been awesome to see this on the BBC. Parkside easily knocked out Skolars away I think so this was no fluke.

Would have been a better game than Batley v Navy.

Parkside would be competitive in League One.

Another two late tries mean the score is massively flattering for the Eagles in the end

Archived