Sat 26th-Mon 28th Feb: The Betfred Challenge Cup Round Four Match Thread

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply
55 minutes ago, crashmon said:

Hopeful on performance with Walker back, not hopeful on attendance. Bradford will still be too strong, but London should be able to compete and keep it close

Looking on ticket site, looks like only a couple of hundred tickets sold, so needs a major pay on the day showing to even get to 700 let alone 1K.

This the first game Dons supporters not bribed with £1 tickets, so will be interesting to see how many show when they need to pay £15

Agree didn’t look like many seats sold- also competing with Chelsea Liverpool and Ireland Italy so May struggles with sales today!

19 minutes ago, Hopping Mad said:

In other news, the capacity at Rochdale today is just 920 (that includes press, hospitality and guests). In a stadium that holds more than 10,000. Remember the days when rugby league clubs took the Challenge Cup seriously?

When you return from your walk, perhaps you could establish why the capacity has been reduced? https://t.co/rQNUhIMRT8 .  The football club (ground owners) had 2600 yesterday and hopefully most of the 920 today can celebrate the Hornets victory and a better home crowd for the next round!

2 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

In other news, the capacity at Rochdale today is just 920 (that includes press, hospitality and guests). In a stadium that holds more than 10,000. Remember the days when rugby league clubs took the Challenge Cup seriously?

It's a lovely, sunny day. I'm off for a walk.

That'll show them, well done you....

Don't you just love the BEEB

Apparently 

The BBC will have live coverage of the 2022 Challenge Cup, all the way through from round one to the final at Tottenham Hotspur Stadium on 28 May.

Our fourth-round tie sees an all-League One clash between Batley Bulldogs face Royal Navy.

Maybe the BBC know something we don't....or maybe they're just useless.

Just looked outside for the Town match, there's some big bright thing in the sky, no idea what it is, hope it doesn't spoil the game v Rams....

Nice first try for Batley, playing uphill in the first half.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 hours ago, Hopping Mad said:

It's a lovely, sunny day. I'm off for a walk.

Hopefully they’ll be able to celebrate a sell out then. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

As much as I like seeing new teams play, I don’t know why the BBC picked this mismatch for their live game. 

The Navy's progress is the story of the previous rounds, although we'll probably see the final chapter today.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

6 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

The Navy's progress is the story of the previous rounds, although we'll probably see the final chapter today.

Yeah agreed, but Batley were 1/100 to win, I’d have thought most people would rather see a competitive game, Rochdale v Barrow or Doncaster v Whitehaven for example. 

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Yeah agreed, but Batley were 1/100 to win, I’d have thought most people would rather see a competitive game, Rochdale v Barrow or Doncaster v Whitehaven for example. 

Magic of the Cup, innit? Plucky minnows v venerable establishment name.

York v Newcastle is on later this afternoon, via The Sportsman. That will almost certainly be a better match.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

2 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Magic of the Cup, innit? Plucky minnows v venerable establishment name.

York v Newcastle is on later this afternoon, via The Sportsman. That will almost certainly be a better match.

Do you have to subscribe to the sportsman? 

Just now, Jill Halfpenny fan said:

All I can find is women's football.

I had that issue too. Where it says watch live under the women’s football, just to the right it says ‘more’ or something like that. Press that and there are other live events such as Scottish league curling and Batley v Navy. 

6 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Do you have to subscribe to the sportsman? 

No.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Archived