This Week’s Disciplinary

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How anybody can say leading with an elbow is not illegal is beyond me—- even in the days of the biff, this was obviously a penalty. In today’s vernacular, I would say it constitutes intentional foul play—- smashing somebody in the face with your elbow is obviously a dangerous action and obviously an offence whether you’re defending or attacking with ball in hand—- common sense. The review panel looks at every contact in every game—- I can only assume another camera angle proves no offence regarding Lees and King didn’t seem to suffer any injury 

3 hours ago, S.T.I.D. said:

It will be interesting a couple of months down the track when we could get more and more long bans and then clubs start complaining they can't get full strength teams on the pitch week in week out. Will be an advantage for clubs who have good squad depth.

or teams that abide by the rules

41 minutes ago, Bring back the Boyd said:

How anybody can say leading with an elbow is not illegal is beyond me—- even in the days of the biff, this was obviously a penalty. In today’s vernacular, I would say it constitutes intentional foul play—- smashing somebody in the face with your elbow is obviously a dangerous action and obviously an offence whether you’re defending or attacking with ball in hand—- common sense. The review panel looks at every contact in every game—- I can only assume another camera angle proves no offence regarding Lees and King didn’t seem to suffer any injury 

Lees seems to turn to his right, as he comes into contact, and at the same time lifts his left arm & elbow across.  Seems to me like a hit and spin movement but he gets it wrong.  The left arm and elbow definitely hit the Wire players head.  It’s a strange action all round.

11 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

Lees seems to turn to his right, as he comes into contact, and at the same time lifts his left arm & elbow across.  Seems to me like a hit and spin movement but he gets it wrong.  The left arm and elbow definitely hit the Wire players head.  It’s a strange action all round.

Just as well you don't sit on the disciplinary panel isn't it as there's absolutely no clear evidence of contact with the head, none at all. First contact with the chest, then the arm comes up and misses the head, exactly as stated by the RFl disciplinary panel.

I hope you never have to do jury service, I pity the poor sod on trial if you can't even see something as simple as this and get it correct.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

7 minutes ago, Saint Toppy said:

Just as well you don't sit on the disciplinary panel isn't it as there's absolutely no clear evidence of contact with the head, none at all. First contact with the chest, then the arm comes up and misses the head, exactly as stated by the RFl disciplinary panel.

I hope you never have to do jury service, I pity the poor sod on trial if you can't even see something as simple as this and get it correct.

Seems clear enough to me from the short clip.  If I’m wrong I’m wrong but I aren’t on my own I’m thinking Lees made contact.

On 14/03/2022 at 15:37, Chrispmartha said:

How’s this not picked up?

That is a shocker, ive not rewatched the match yet but that’s the first time i have seen it. The “Games Gone Soft Clan” would’ve loved it but it’s not for me. 

12 minutes ago, Josef K said:

That is a shocker, ive not rewatched the match yet but that’s the first time i have seen it. The “Games Gone Soft Clan” would’ve loved it but it’s not for me. 

I don't think he leads with the elbow. Its pretty much at his side right before contact. Looks more awkward than anything else.

Archived