Jump to content

NRL Attendance Figures 2022


Recommended Posts

Apologies if I have missed a thread already started on this topic . 

But I'd like to keep a close eye on this during the year. 

Please post here .

R1 - AVG of 15,636 was ok I guess. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites


Well considering every game is now live on TV, The cost of getting into the game you have to go to a bank and take out a personal loan, Then when you are in there you have had to of got a second mortgage on your house and put up your first born as collateral as well, just to be able to afford to buy food and drink at the ground.....No wonder crowd figures are down. 

  • Sad 1

St-George-Illawarra-Dragons-2022.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Not forgetting the deafening cacophany of what loosely goes under the title of music so that you cannot be heard by the person sat next to you and the outstanding experience of daylight fireworks. Who came up with the idea that these would add to attendence figures?

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, R L Winger said:

Well considering every game is now live on TV, The cost of getting into the game you have to go to a bank and take out a personal loan, Then when you are in there you have had to of got a second mortgage on your house and put up your first born as collateral as well, just to be able to afford to buy food and drink at the ground.....No wonder crowd figures are down. 

I know the Sharks have some really cheap GA membership options for as little as three tickets for about $50. You can use all three in one game. I think that is pretty good value for money.

In saying that, I totally agree with you on the rest of the match day. Costly and unimpressive would be my description of food and beverage services at games I have attended at all venues in Sydney.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 21/03/2022 at 05:09, R L Winger said:

Well considering every game is now live on TV, The cost of getting into the game you have to go to a bank and take out a personal loan, Then when you are in there you have had to of got a second mortgage on your house and put up your first born as collateral as well, just to be able to afford to buy food and drink at the ground.....No wonder crowd figures are down. 

I don’t watch the Aussie games but i know a couple of people who went living in Australia (it was around twenty-ish years ago) and they said “it was a lot cheaper watching RL there than in the U.K.”. Does that mean there has been a massive price hike since then and are tickets for the AFL roughly the same price of RL or cheaper ?. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, Josef K said:

I don’t watch the Aussie games but i know a couple of people who went living in Australia (it was around twenty-ish years ago) and they said “it was a lot cheaper watching RL there than in the U.K.”. Does that mean there has been a massive price hike since then and are tickets for the AFL roughly the same price of RL or cheaper ?. 

Both sports can be reasonably cheap with GA membership offers. Sharks for example any three games GA for around $55 IIRC. Those three tickets could even be used in the same game, so three mates and one gets a free hat. I had about 5 memberships in one single season that way. Gave the new signing member famous names. My delight you can only imagine when in the following pre-season I would get letter from the Sharks about renewing memberships posted to Bruce Springsteen and Bill Clinton to my home address. Still got the letters somewhere 😂 

I digress… I think you can still pick up a walk up to the MCG for about $15. Not surprising when your stadium holds over 100k. Although a walk up for the Swans would be no less than $45 last time I checked a couple of years ago, so definitely not cheap at the SCG.

I maintain for any elite winter sport in Australia (outside club games at the MCG and Stadium Australia) that anything less than a 75% filled stadium is a failure in any, or all of, marketing, profile, ticket pricing, community engagement, comforts and entertainment.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

42 minutes ago, Sports Prophet said:

Both sports can be reasonably cheap with GA membership offers. Sharks for example any three games GA for around $55 IIRC. Those three tickets could even be used in the same game, so three mates and one gets a free hat. I had about 5 memberships in one single season that way. Gave the new signing member famous names. My delight you can only imagine when in the following pre-season I would get letter from the Sharks about renewing memberships posted to Bruce Springsteen and Bill Clinton to my home address. Still got the letters somewhere 😂 

I digress… I think you can still pick up a walk up to the MCG for about $15. Not surprising when your stadium holds over 100k. Although a walk up for the Swans would be no less than $45 last time I checked a couple of years ago, so definitely not cheap at the SCG.

I maintain for any elite winter sport in Australia (outside club games at the MCG and Stadium Australia) that anything less than a 75% filled stadium is a failure in any, or all of, marketing, profile, ticket pricing, community engagement, comforts and entertainment.

$15 is that about £10, what a bargain. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

49 minutes ago, Deranged Drunk Guy said:

To start round 3 , between Dragons Vs Sharks , a really disappointing crowd of 10,122 . 

 

Are you serious ? belting down rain all day and through out the match, they even put a call out at the beginning of the coverage applauding the brave souls that turned up. To be honest I wasn`t disappointed at all and thought it was pretty bloody good given the weather.

I was far more concerned that Melbourne could only get 13 500 for Bellamy`s 500th game in charge, for a blockbuster with Souths and despite having 30 000 or so members they keep telling us about. I can`t help but think that even Bellamy would have been disappointed with that after all that he has done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, The Rocket said:

Are you serious ? belting down rain all day and through out the match, they even put a call out at the beginning of the coverage applauding the brave souls that turned up. To be honest I wasn`t disappointed at all and thought it was pretty bloody good given the weather.

I was far more concerned that Melbourne could only get 13 500 for Bellamy`s 500th game in charge, for a blockbuster with Souths and despite having 30 000 or so members they keep telling us about. I can`t help but think that even Bellamy would have been disappointed with that after all that he has done.

Ok point taken regarding 🐉 v 🦈.  I was wrong.  

Regards to the storm v bunnies game , if you have a look at some of my previous posts , I did mention my disappointment in regards to the low crowd , considering it was a big game, first home game in ages , big game v big club , Craig's 500th , beautiful night weather wise , 13,269 was a shocker of a crowd , I AGREE.  NO EXCUSES ! 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As regards the Storm crowd for that game, that was the first game back at AAMI Park for ages (321 days).

Maybe too many people got out of the habit of getting to the game in the flesh.

Hopefully with more home matches actually at home in Melbourne they can build attendances back to their previous levels.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thursday night games attract lower crowds across the league. No tradition of midweek games in team sports in Australia. They are a ‘made for TV’ thing (remember the Panasonic Cup).

Of course State of Origin is an exception. But that is more than a game (or three games).

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Picture perfect sunny day in Melbourne today. 

I can't attend the game , As work didn't want to give me day off , we are short staffed . 

But , I'd expect 15,000 minimum today , against Parramatta. 

5.30 pm start on a Saturday , I'd expect people to show up. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 23/03/2022 at 18:44, Anita Bath said:

And second tier comp (QRL) is $10 ( discounted to half that if you are a member of the NRL club the team is afilliated to).

Third tier (BRL) is free admission.

I didn't now about the third tier always thought QRL was just a expansion of the old BRL ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Storm v Eels had 15,691 . 

I'd say after that great game , a fair few will come back next week , for the home game vs the bulldogs . 

17,000 , I'll tip for that game . 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...