Jump to content

Barrow v Town


Recommended Posts

Notoriously a difficult fixture for us and I’m sure Sunday will not be any different.

After a tough few weeks let’s see if we can reproduce our early season form.

Up the Raiders!

Link to comment
Share on other sites


It’s always going to be a tough game against Workington,  but our run of games recently are about as hard as you get. It’s time Barrow get back into winning ways and we have two very winnable games upcoming with Workington and Dewsbury.

I am going to go for a Barrow win 34-16, Stack first try scorer and hopefully a good crowd ! Workington usually travel in good numbers but just wondering how that will be affected with the current form. COYR

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It will be interesting to see how we play without Sammut, with him away on international duty. I think we will be fine with the lads we have. Should be a good tough game again with both teams looking to get the win after losing streaks. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Probably Workington.

If you are coming down early just park in one of the many streets surrounding the ground, avoid The Range they are a bit keen to give out tickets.  Tesco offers up to 3 hrs free or there is Hollywood Park which I believe has no time limits, both of these are just a couple of minutes from Craven Park.

Have a safe journey.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, SJD said:

Probably Workington.

If you are coming down early just park in one of the many streets surrounding the ground, avoid The Range they are a bit keen to give out tickets.  Tesco offers up to 3 hrs free or there is Hollywood Park which I believe has no time limits, both of these are just a couple of minutes from Craven Park.

Have a safe journey.

Cheers mate 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

We were appalling in the 2nd half didn't respect the ball at all and the completion rate must've been rock bottom...we made Worky look like a really good side in that 2nd half ... Crestas half time talk must've been along the lines of we've won so just go thro the motions

  • Confused 1

Lee Morton

 

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, morty said:

We were appalling in the 2nd half didn't respect the ball at all and the completion rate must've been rock bottom...we made Worky look like a really good side in that 2nd half ... Crestas half time talk must've been along the lines of we've won so just go thro the motions

Exactly like we where in the 1st half marra, we where pants, but well done today 👍

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Hate the rec said:

Exactly like we where in the 1st half marra, we where pants, but well done today 👍

Thought both teams were poor today. Can't imagine either coach will be pleased with them performances

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Good win by Barrow yesterday ! It was a game of two halves, second half we just had far too many incomplete sets to compete, But thankfully we won the first half 22-0. It was important to get back to winning ways after a tough run of fixtures.

This is also a team that was missing Sammut, Langtree, Wheeler, Shaw, Miloudi and Holmes. That being said the team on the pitch did well yesterday and got the result. Now on to Dewsbury away next Sunday in a tough game as they will be really wanting the win. 

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Maybe not a return of form but certainly a well earned two points.

Although we offered Town a way back into the game second half with some errors our goal line defence was good ,even though not severely tested.

Danny Morrow and Brett Carter were very good I thought.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, HP Beans said:

Maybe not a return of form but certainly a well earned two points.

Although we offered Town a way back into the game second half with some errors our goal line defence was good ,even though not severely tested.

Danny Morrow and Brett Carter were very good I thought.

Not sure about Brett, think Steve was on about the wrong Carter in his last comment on the other thread! What was up with Hopkins/ Crellin/ Langtree/ wheeler/ Hulme? Move Shane to the wing and send Brett Carter back to amateur rugby. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Wow! I thought Brett was a candidate for man of the match yesterday and in all honesty I think hes put in a massive effort in all the games he's played for us so far. I personaly think he still has plenty to offer us and I can barely recall him putting a foot wrong . Maybe it's just me??

  • Like 6
Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, Raiderfan67 said:

Wow! I thought Brett was a candidate for man of the match yesterday and in all honesty I think hes put in a massive effort in all the games he's played for us so far. I personaly think he still has plenty to offer us and I can barely recall him putting a foot wrong . Maybe it's just me??

No mate its not just you.....Brett had a good game on sunday ... you will always get know it all's on here

 

Personally I thought Fozzy was MoM ....Worky just couldnt handle him when on the field

  • Like 4

Lee Morton

 

Raiders have risen from the ashes

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Raiderfan67 said:

Wow! I thought Brett was a candidate for man of the match yesterday and in all honesty I think hes put in a massive effort in all the games he's played for us so far. I personaly think he still has plenty to offer us and I can barely recall him putting a foot wrong . Maybe it's just me??

Totally agree👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...