Mon 27th Jun: Ch: Barrow Raiders v Halifax Panthers KO 19:45 (Premier Sports)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Barrow Raiders
    • Halifax Panthers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 27/06/22 at 19:15

3 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Its sad to see supporters praising repeated punching to the head and face, one blow could kill, these blokes are powerful, a mis judged takle does not deserve a possible life threatening brain injury or worse. But thats just my take on it. Goodnight.  

Even sadder to see a snowflake attitude to a physical sport which is why we watch it , if you don’t like it go watch ping pong 

• Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Anonymouse said:

Its sad to see supporters praising repeated punching to the head and face, one blow could kill, these blokes are powerful, a mis judged takle does not deserve a possible life threatening brain injury or worse. But thats just my take on it. Goodnight.  

Nobody has ' praised ' it , plenty have said they understand why , Miloudi's tackle was not misjudged , it was deliberate and cynical , applying pressure to the neck of an opponent , he will get a significant ban because of it , is that the sort of tackle you would want an opponent to ' misjudge ' on your son or daughter , potentially putting them in a wheelchair for life ? 

That's my take on it , goodnight 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

Even sadder to see a snowflake attitude to a physical sport which is why we watch it , if you don’t like it go watch ping pong 

2 wrongs don't make a right nothing that was saw in that incident has a place in RL 

• Like 1

What really bugs me is the mantra that you’re not allowed to react to initial violent contact , let’s face it I don’t know Greg’s previous but he’s no grub, his reaction was purely human . No problem with Greg’s card but miloudi getting a yellow is a wrong message , touch judge should be banned for the same amount of time.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

2 wrongs don't make a right nothing that was saw in that incident has a place in RL 

4 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

What really bugs me is the mantra that you’re not allowed to react to initial violent contact , let’s face it I don’t know Greg’s previous but he’s no grub, his reaction was purely human . No problem with Greg’s card but miloudi getting a yellow is a wrong message , touch judge should be banned for the same amount of time.

Grubrats is correct, it may have been a Miloudi accidental high tackle or it might have been more sinister, that is only a matter of on watchers opinions but two wrongs do not make it right, the retaliation was no accident it was intentional and dangerous. Its called professional rugby for a reason. A long ban for such retaliation is justified. Miloudi may yet get a ban but that is up to the panel, not Worthington.

1 minute ago, Anonymouse said:

Grubrats is correct, it may have been a Miloudi accidental high tackle or it might have been more sinister, that is only a matter of on watchers opinions but two wrongs do not make it right, the retaliation was no accident it was intentional and dangerous. Its called professional rugby for a reason. A long ban for such retaliation is justified. Miloudi may yet get a ban but that is up to the panel, not Worthington.

Tbh we’re never gonna agree on this so we’ll have to agree to disagree, not gonna descend into some childish squabble but my own personal opinion his the perpetrator should be always punished more than the reactor otherwise you’re encouraging that kind of behaviour, and that applies to both sport and society, IMO , appreciate that’s not the modern interpretation but also acknowledge a quite huge decline in moral societal standards as a whole .

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:
3 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

Tbh we’re never gonna agree on this so we’ll have to agree to disagree, not gonna descend into some childish squabble but my own personal opinion his the perpetrator should be always punished more than the reactor otherwise you’re encouraging that kind of behaviour, and that applies to both sport and society, IMO , appreciate that’s not the modern interpretation but also acknowledge a quite huge decline in moral societal standards as a whole .

Just now, Anonymouse said:

We arent going to agree because you pre judge what was either an innocent but bad tackle or a premeditated bad tackle. 
Thats only your interpretation based on your bias. There is however no doubt such brutal and intentional retaliation is out of order in professional sport. Im not convinced Miloudi intentionally went to harm or injure, it was just clumsy and a yellow card.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anonymouse said:

We arent going to agree because you pre judge what was either an innocent but bad tackle or a premeditated bad tackle. 
Thats only your interpretation based on your bias. There is however no doubt such brutal and intentional retaliation is out of order in professional sport. Im not convinced Miloudi intentionally went to harm or injure, it was just clumsy and a yellow card.

No disrespect but if you’ve ever been involved in physical sport things get out of control, part of the role of the referee is to protect the players, Greg wasn’t protected and reacted , for me it’s red , red and nowt for gwaze as clearly there was nothing wrong with miloudi, anyway I’m done for the night , respect your opinion but don’t agree , night .

6 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

Miloudi's was premeditated , Worthington's reaction was exactly that , a re-action , not pre meditated , and while still not right is understandable , would Worthington have hit Miloudi if there had not been a dangerous foul committed upon himself ? , No 

The whole event was instigated by Miloudi , both will get bans , and deserve them 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Rockingchair said:

You are allowed to react , but will be punished accordingly , as it should be 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Anonymouse said:

If he's that ' clumsy ' then he shouldn't be allowed on a RL pitch , there is no reason whatsoever to hold,grab anybodies head in RL , these things get taught out at junior level , anybody still doing it accidentally past 12 years old needs to ask themselves if they are suited to the sport 

Edited by GUBRATS

Ive watched it again this morning as I thought it might just be heat of the moment stuff last night but I still feel the initial Miloudi tackle deserved 10 minutes, its dibatable if its malicious but its a 2 feet off the ground lunge at a players head and he did not miss. The headbut that certainly happened should have been a red. I get the feeling from Miloudi's actions that he is not used to someone standing up to him and he went cowering away like the bully he is. Gwaze's ban should not be as long in my opinion, its different to a prone player been lifted off the floor like we have seen before, this was a fist fight and the chances of injuring a player in that situation are very slight so I think because of his record a ban of 2-3 games would be fair. Give Miloudi similar and I expect Worthington, who also has no rep as a dirty player in his career maybe 3 games as well juding that Fairbank got 5 games if I remember and he has previous.

What a game though, not many teams will go up there and dominate against a good team like we did and it was pretty much from start to finish. I think it does show there is also a bit of a gulf now between 3rd and 5th and the chasing pack and its going to be so close between York, Batley, and Fax for 3rd. We all have to play each other but I think York have to play both Fev and Leigh and Batley still have Leigh to play which is likely to leave the teams with 1 point covering them.

6 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

Ive watched it again this morning as I thought it might just be heat of the moment stuff last night but I still feel the initial Miloudi tackle deserved 10 minutes, its dibatable if its malicious but its a 2 feet off the ground lunge at a players head and he did not miss. The headbut that certainly happened should have been a red. I get the feeling from Miloudi's actions that he is not used to someone standing up to him and he went cowering away like the bully he is. Gwaze's ban should not be as long in my opinion, its different to a prone player been lifted off the floor like we have seen before, this was a fist fight and the chances of injuring a player in that situation are very slight so I think because of his record a ban of 2-3 games would be fair. Give Miloudi similar and I expect Worthington, who also has no rep as a dirty player in his career maybe 3 games as well juding that Fairbank got 5 games if I remember and he has previous.

What a game though, not many teams will go up there and dominate against a good team like we did and it was pretty much from start to finish. I think it does show there is also a bit of a gulf now between 3rd and 5th and the chasing pack and its going to be so close between York, Batley, and Fax for 3rd. We all have to play each other but I think York have to play both Fev and Leigh and Batley still have Leigh to play which is likely to leave the teams with 1 point covering them.

Unfortunately I missed my weekly dose of ' Emma ' as the wife couldn't get the channel on for some reason , can't think why ? 🙁 , So I've only seen the incident , but yes Barrow are looking at 6 th now IMO , with the other three needing to find a couple of wins over Fev between them ( as well as Leyth at the Bash ) to pip them for 2nd 

9 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I’d be very surprised if Worthington only gets 3 games for that, Liam Harris got 4 for a missed punch aimed at James Clare in a friendly. Sustained punching will surely be at the higher end of the scale as we saw with that dirty get for Bradford the other week. 

Gwaze had no idea as to the state of Miloudi’s health at that time so he’ll get the full ban as well, can’t have players doing that. 

Miloudi is a grub though and deserved his yellow card and you could also say he deserved a slap, ref chould have blown for that penalty quicker and avoided the fight, still you can’t go retaliating in that way as we’d be in a right state as a sport going forward. 

• Like 7

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Shame for Greg as I felt he was having one of best games for us , there was a bit of niggle between Greg and hakim earlier on and I think miloudi was being dominated and didn’t like it , the incident wouldn’t have escalated with a more experienced ref who took far too long to blow , shame that Greg and Titus ll miss the summer bash but that’s life I guess . One thing I will say , times are hard for a lot of people but this fax side are worth every penny , the championship by en large on tv has been a good watch on the whole.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

That's my take on it , goodnight 

8 hours ago, GUBRATS said:

Couldn’t sleep ??

• Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Rockingchair said:

Shame for Greg as I felt he was having one of best games for us , there was a bit of niggle between Greg and hakim earlier on and I think miloudi was being dominated and didn’t like it , the incident wouldn’t have escalated with a more experienced ref who took far too long to blow , shame that Greg and Titus ll miss the summer bash but that’s life I guess . One thing I will say , times are hard for a lot of people but this fax side are worth every penny , the championship by en large on tv has been a good watch on the whole.

Yeah pretty similar to my take. Miloudi is not used to not having his own way and Worthington was dominating him and he tried to make his mark and got it badly wrong. Also like you say, watching the replay the ref was not even giving a penalty and was urging Worthington to play the ball so himself and the touch judge had decided no wrong doing in the tackle and it was only after it kicked off that they deemed it a penalty. Game should have been stopped after Miloudi's first "tackle". The only thing which may save Worthington a long ban is the fact that it is very clearly not an unprovoked attack and there are numerous pieces of evidence as to why he reacted in the way he did.

Edited by The Blues Ox
  • Like 1

Like i said earlier Worthington is not a dirty player so something must have happened for him to re act like that.6 matches would be a fair suspension.At least he didn't miss and Miloudi will have a shiner this morning.Very impressed by Fax i thought it would be a tricky game for them but they were in control throughout.Team spirit looks good and they play an expansive game.

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

The way I saw it was a bit of sh1thousing from Miloudi and driving his head into Greg's to provoke a reaction, which he got.

Don't think it was a headbutt in the traditional sense. Miloudi will cop a few games because of his previous.

Greg was stupid and lost the plot, he'll sit out most of the summer. Direct attacks on the head should quite rightly be severely punished.

Gwaze should cop the biggest ban. Yes it looked like nothing, but he had no idea of the state Miloudi was in at the time he went to pick him up. This kind of action is never acceptable.

Good game though, 'fax very impressive. Dark horses for 2nd place.

• Like 3

57 minutes ago, David Shepherd said:

The way I saw it was a bit of sh1thousing from Miloudi and driving his head into Greg's to provoke a reaction, which he got.

Don't think it was a headbutt in the traditional sense. Miloudi will cop a few games because of his previous.

Greg was stupid and lost the plot, he'll sit out most of the summer. Direct attacks on the head should quite rightly be severely punished.

Gwaze should cop the biggest ban. Yes it looked like nothing, but he had no idea of the state Miloudi was in at the time he went to pick him up. This kind of action is never acceptable.

Good game though, 'fax very impressive. Dark horses for 2nd place.

Head into somebody else's head = headbutt , pulling somebody head one way while somebody else is pulling their body in a different direction = dangerous 

none of it was acceptable 

• Like 2