Mon 11th Jul: Halifax Panthers v York City Knights KO 19:45 (Premier)

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Halifax Panthers
    • York City Knights

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/07/22 at 19:15

54 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I think you may have been the only person suggesting that Fev wouldn't finish 2nd. 😃

Fev will finish 2nd and the main spot to get now is 3rd which will give the easier of the play off ties to start as 4th V 5th could be really tight and theres not much in way of reward for the winner where as getting 3rd I think both Batley and Fax will see Fev as a winnable game. Im not sure what we can take out of last nights game that says that Fax wont trouble Fev at home in a game that will likely be meaningless for Fev but could be for 3rd place for Fax and given Fev's form and the injuries they seem to be picking up they do look vulnarable. Its obvious they don't struggle to score points but by the time they get their next 3 games out of the way they will only have the 3rd best defense in the league. So yeah the obvious final is Leigh V Fev and who knows maybe Fev get desparate and start trying to bring players in but Fev for the moment are getting closer to the chasing pack than they are to Leigh.

Think the only chance Fev will have on the GF is if Leigh get a player sent off early. Other than that, it's Leigh.

2 minutes ago, Wakefield Ram said:

Think the only chance Fev will have on the GF is if Leigh get a player sent off early. Other than that, it's Leigh.

Three players lol. Leigh far and above anyone else.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

I dont think they are losing money on it.  2000 plus on the gates and putting on events throughout the summer to sweat the asset.  

The £5 voucher is a sweetener to go early. Once there drinks all afternoon recoup some ( most) of it.

On Sunday night there was a fantastic atmosphere. People were watching ( and of course drinking) the Magic Weekend on the big screen. There was still a good crowd spending money at 9.30 pm in the marquee. More importantly the noise from the cash register must have been music to the BoD' ears.

• Like 1

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

Just watched the game back and I don't think York were that bad it was just our defense was really outstanding. York were clearly trying different things but they simply were not coming off for whatever reason. Fax probably bombed 2 or 3 tries as well. Very happy after watching that, I remember people writing us off after our start to the season but once the pitches started to harden up we were always going to be one of the teams that made big improvements and in Keyes, Jouffret, and JWH I think combined we have the best pivots in the league.(don't @ me 🤣)

• Like 3

4 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Just watched the game back and I don't think York were that bad it was just our defense was really outstanding. York were clearly trying different things but they simply were not coming off for whatever reason. Fax probably bombed 2 or 3 tries as well. Very happy after watching that, I remember people writing us off after our start to the season but once the pitches started to harden up we were always going to be one of the teams that made big improvements and in Keyes, Jouffret, and JWH I think combined we have the best pivots in the league.(don't @ me 🤣)

Spoken through a fan's perspective Oxy, York were absolutely clueless when camped in your 20 for 7 sets, I doubt that many York fans would have the same point of view as yours, If the team I support (and it has happened, not so much this season mind) failed to get over the line with so much possesion I would be very unhappy, Yorks lack of variety with ball in hand made it predictable and easy for Fax to deal with, but well done they can only play what us in front of them.

• Like 3

21 hours ago, sentoffagain2 said:

Times are hard in working class communities.Even horse race attendances at the  bigger meetings are down !5%.Tough times ahead for at least the next two years.But as they say we have to play the cards we are dealt.Just think as bad as things are there are plenty in the cemetery that would swap us places.

I totally agree with you, times are indeed hard, not just in traditional working class communities though.  I think, though, that the game has generally been doing a poor job of promoting itself for a long time, not specific to Fax.  I wouldn't pretend to have any amazing solutions of my own, but it would definitely help to expand from what the public view as the traditional areas because the limited scope of those areas makes it seem small time.  That's not a dig at the tradional areas at all, they are vital, it's just an observation that in comparison to many other sports waves don't seem to being made much in terms of progress, the opposite in fact.

• Like 1