Try or No Try

1 hour ago, Fevrover said:

Wow some try that but bet not every ref would have given it and where's the video ref when you need him ?

In goal judge would have been in an excellent position to give that 

• Like 1

If I had to say on just the video evidence I would say no try.

If you go frame by frame on the video posted, there is a frame on 7 seconds where the ball is coming down for Langi to tap back and I think you can see his foot would be on the line.

I say 'would' as the view is slightly obscured by another Cats player but a best guess is that it must be on the line.

But... the in goal judge had a clear view and he let it go so we have to say that he would get it right.

Edited by Dunbar

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

It was a try. The screenshot alone doesn't quite prove it but watching the video which it's taken from on Trinity TV does. His left foot left the ground in the field of play, he has already knocked the ball back and his right foot hasn't yet hit the ground. Top marks to the in goal touch judge and the Catalans player but a poor attempt to get the ball dead from Jamie Shaul and complacent running back by Lee Kershaw.

Other decisions were less defensible such as the extreme leniency in giving a yellow rather than red for an aggressive spear tackle which wasn't clumsy technique but a deliberate action taken by the third man in when the player was already stopped. The one that stood out for me was the 6 again given against the crowd, which I hadn't realised was a thing before yesterday. I mean it had to be - the crowd were chanting an obscenity at the referee (which I don't condone as I like to be able to take my 9 year old daughter to matches) for missing the most blatant take out off the ball on Lee Gaskell and he immediately awarded Catalans 6 again when there was no more or less going on in the tackle than pretty much every other tackle all afternoon!

Try or no try.jpg

1 hour ago, north yorks trinity said:

Other decisions were less defensible such as the extreme leniency in giving a yellow rather than red for an aggressive spear tackle which wasn't clumsy technique but a deliberate action taken by the third man in when the player was already stopped. 

Copy book spear tackle from Chan.  Murphy stayed on the pitch but he never really looked 100% after the hit.  Two match ban given out to Chan earlier today.  What sanction for Tom Grant as he ****s up yet again?

• Like 3

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son