New Zealand

Acasterknight

2 hours ago, Acasterknight said:

Disappointed that York Council haven't had a civic reception for the New Zealand men's side that is staying in The Grand hotel for the six weeks of the tournament. If they have held one it's got no publicity.

But they don't play soccer, end of.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
59 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

Two of the ladies teams are based here and their tournament was launched in the Museum Gardens , this and the Kiwis being ignored by our city is bad form.

Four ladies teams are here. They received a civic welcome to the city yesterday. The NZ mens team had a civic reception in October.

CLICKY

1 hour ago, HaxbyKnight said:

You would have thought the Press would have been all over it, but that would mean the reporters actually having to do a bit of research and work. Still not seen anything about the Ladies matches which are at the LNER tomorrow. 

Jacob Kilbride's report on today's England Ladies game from Headingley is HERE.

Personally I think Jacob does a great job on an extremely limited budget.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Gav Wilson said:

Four ladies teams are here. They received a civic welcome to the city yesterday. The NZ mens team had a civic reception in October.

CLICKY

My mistake as I do not bother with YO1 radio , for such an event you would expect coverage from our local paper .

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Stirlin said:

My mistake as I do not bother with YO1 radio , for such an event you would expect coverage from our local paper .

The New Zealand mens civic reception covered HERE

They haven't been ignored by our city, as you originally claimed.

Your gripe is with the shockingly underfunded York Press (which is not the fault of Kilbride), and not York as a host city.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, HaxbyKnight said:

Gav., the Press should have been publicising and promoting this for weeks. An article the night before the first games, (and even then, only after adverse criticism), is in my opinion, pretty poor for a local paper.

I don't disagree mate. The Press has been running on skeleton staff by its owners in Swansea for years. I wouldn't be surprised to see it go under completely before long.

• Like 1

is the parking for todays game still the spend a fiver in MnS thing or are we ok as we will leave after 6pm? i notice that if you follow the info on the official RLWC guide it says £5 for parking including disabled parking

https://york-smc.talent-sport.co.uk/PagesPublic/ProductBrowse/productHome.aspx?ProductSubType=park

which surely is a bit naughty.