RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

18 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Crowd looks very decent.

Not quite a sell out but near enough. If the suggestion was 20k sold a few days ago with a capacity of 25k - it looks nearer 25k.

Really? Looks less than 20k to me. Dutton will of course say that 5k people who’d bought tickets didn’t show up. 

1 minute ago, Eddie said:

Really? Looks less than 20k to me. Dutton will of course say that 5k people who’d bought tickets didn’t show up. 

Yes - 18k. I amended my view.

2 minutes ago, Eddie said:

What we know is that the Heartlands value a QF vs PNG about the same as Sheffield values a dead rubber vs Greece.

51 minutes ago, Eddie said:

To be fair, RMT strikes on quarter final weekend won't have helped. The fact they called them off last night makes no difference, they'd already done the damage.

• Like 1

###### poor crowd for an England QF in Wigan. If it wasn’t already, attendances at this tournament are now a disaster. Dutton shouldn’t work in the sport again.

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details

14 minutes ago, Tex Evans Thigh said:

###### poor crowd for an England QF in Wigan. If it wasn’t already, attendances at this tournament are now a disaster. Dutton shouldn’t work in the sport again.

Where are you sitting mate?

Its a RLWC Quarter final attendance by the way.

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

You were saying?

I swear some on here actually want the crowds to be poor

Seems clear that for some reason there are no shows. Transport or lapsed 2020/2021 buyers etc.

Fair play if that is accurate - although how that fits in with the box office saying 18k or Mick Geldhill's 20k I have no idea.

Just now, RigbyLuger said:

Neither actually knew?

I'm saying if there are 23k there - there are clearly not - then has to be a reason for the difference between the official figure and eyeball test.

So, I guess we either have:

1. Porkies from the organiser and that the 18k and 20k was more accurate.

2. Lots of paying no shows.

3. Lots of freebie no shows.

FWIW - and given what HMRC might say when there are differences in figures - I would count out 1 and think likely a combo or 2 and 3.

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

So you pay money to go to the game and you count seats all afternoon- I bet your great fun down the pub.

If you think there are 23k in that ground or anywhere near - I have a bridge to sell you.

6 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Seems clear that for some reason there are no shows. Transport or lapsed 2020/2021 buyers etc.

Fair play if that is accurate - although how that fits in with the box office saying 18k or Mick Geldhill's 20k I have no idea.

You seem new to sport or just sticking to an early poor prediction.  No shows have always been counted in the official attendances

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Cowardly Fan said:

You seem new to sport or just sticking to an early poor prediction.  No shows have always been counted in the official attendances

I never said they weren't.

But continue with your strawman.

Edited by Leonard

15 minutes ago, Mr Frisky said:

Where are you sitting mate?

Its a RLWC Quarter final attendance by the way.

In America where I live. I’m spending silly amounts of money to fly over for the weekend next week just to watch two games. Get off your high horse.

Your second sentence is pathetically pedantic.

Edited by Tex Evans Thigh
  • Haha 1

Formerly Alistair Boyd-Meaney

fifty thousand Poouunds from Keighley...weve had im gid."

3736-mipm.gif

MIPM Project Management and Business Solutions "

Discounts available for forum members contact me for details