RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

1 minute ago, Damien said:

Huddersfield haven't had a game so you'd be hoping they can draw a decent crowd. Hull has been a worry with international attendances in recent years but they should be getting 5 figures for NZ v Fiji. Wigan and Warrington should be getting great crowds.

Warrington 'should' be a sell out, but I think because they've ever saturated that ground it won't be.

I think in hindsight, maybe Headingley would have been better for this game as Friday in Headingley is always popular.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I don't think Wigan will be 25k as there will be a couple of thousand seats taken out of the equation by the TV gantry, I would imagine.

I'm not sure what the obsession is with reducing capacity for TV facilities. Surely grounds have these?ย 

I suppose we are in a position where we can spare a couple of thousand, but it is rubbish.ย 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

You should be a Billy no mates like me then, it pays off sometimes ๐Ÿ™‚

ย 

ย 

To be fair, I may actually end up going on my own, so at least I know there are cheap single tickets.ย 

3 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Warrington 'should' be a sell out, but I think because they've ever saturated that ground it won't be.

I think in hindsight, maybe Headingley would have been better for this game as Friday in Headingley is always popular.

I'd really like to think we have to be breaking that 10k mark at Wire. We had 6.7k yesterday, and next Sundays game is a dream match up for organisers. If we can't add another 3.5k to that crowd we may as well give up.ย 

It is the slight challenge around cashing in on England games though, people can't necessarily afford to double up.ย 

I suppose the question is would we rather make the same money and have 30k across the two games as having 40k and full houses across the two games.ย 

11 minutes ago, Damien said:

2013 quarter finals too for some balance. With the matchups this time we really should be giving these a run for their money and should certainly beat the cumulative total:

New Zealand ย ย  ย 40โ€“4ย ย  ย  Scotland
Leeds
Attendance: 16,207

Australia ย ย  ย 62โ€“0ย ย  ย  United States
Wrexham
Attendance: 5,762

DW Stadium
Wigan
Attendance: 22,276

Samoa ย ย  ย 4โ€“22ย ย  ย  Fiji
Warrington
Attendance: 12,766

Cumulatively we might fall a touch short, but I'm hopeful we'll reach 10k everywhere and at least 20k at Wigan.ย 

That NZ Scotland attendance was excellent.ย 

3 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I'm not sure what the obsession is with reducing capacity for TV facilities. Surely grounds have these?ย 

I suppose we are in a position where we can spare a couple of thousand, but it is rubbish.ย 

Seems crazy if they are, considering there is a perfectly good box at the DW that the Sky team use.ย 

Just now, WN83 said:

Seems crazy if they are, considering there is a perfectly good box at the DW that the Sky team use.ย 

I should add, I do really like the BBC setup, with the large outdoor studios, but that shouldn't be at the expense of a couple of thousand seats.ย 

23 minutes ago, RP London said:

i hope they dont have me down for the final twice as i do have 2 sets of tickets.. I find that to be my biggest worry that they try to sell and could sell but that they have people like me in the system twice instead of once, for whatever reason.

You are one of about four people on here who have been sent two sets of tickets for various matches. I wonder if any of you have let the organisers know - I'm not sure if they would be able to rectify the problem, but at the moment are they even aware of it?

Just now, Dave T said:

I'd really like to think we have to be breaking that 10k mark at Wire. We had 6.7k yesterday, and next Sundays game is a dream match up for organisers. If we can't add another 3.5k to that crowd we may as well give up.ย 

It is the slight challenge around cashing in on England games though, people can't necessarily afford to double up.ย 

I suppose the question is would we rather make the same money and have 30k across the two games as having 40k and full houses across the two games.ย 

Weโ€™re going to the DW and Wire quarters. They both should be box office games but in particular that game at Wire should be a cracker. To not be breaking the 10k mark with some to spare should be a real sign of how badly wrong the organisers got this tournament in many ways. People can make mistakes but they canโ€™t repeat them again.ย 

• Like 1

Just now, WN83 said:

Weโ€™re going to the DW and Wire quarters. They both should be box office games but in particular that game at Wire should be a cracker. To not be breaking the 10k mark with some to spare should be a real sign of how badly wrong the organisers got this tournament in many ways. People can make mistakes but they canโ€™t repeat them again.ย 

In reality, both of those games should be posting sold out signs by the middle of this week.ย 

2 minutes ago, Dave T said:

I should add, I do really like the BBC setup, with the large outdoor studios, but that shouldn't be at the expense of a couple of thousand seats.ย 

It is better but if they want them to be outside, they should go down the C4 route and have them standing on the pitch and not have it at the expense of reasonably priced seats.ย 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, WN83 said:

I want to go to both, but just testing the waters with the other half to see if she'll be annoyed if I do. ๐Ÿ™‚

I I have to choose it will be the Samoa Tonga game, that excites me more than the England game TBH

19 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

The match-ups this time around are far more attractive aren't they - I'd be amazed if we didn't beat those QF crowds at higher prices.

The QFs are cracking compared to 2013 imho.

Australia v Lebanon is the weak one - but the others look great on paper and two proper 50:50 semis likely as well.

That is a great improvement - heritage questions or otherwise.

21 minutes ago, FearTheVee said:

The match-ups this time around are far more attractive aren't they - I'd be amazed if we didn't beat those QF crowds at higher prices.

How many would you guess will be at Hull for Fiji v NZ? Thereโ€™s a train and bus strike that day which doesnโ€™t help matters.ย 

14 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Must be a gentry the size of the titanic - losing 7.5% - 10% of a stadium capacity for a gantry is bonkers.

Just now, Eddie said:

How many would you guess will be at Hull for Fiji v NZ? Thereโ€™s a train and bus strike that day which doesnโ€™t help matters.ย 

I went to Eng v NZ a few years back there - think Gildart scored the winner - and it was 2/3rds full.

So I reckon sparse.

On 26/10/2022 at 17:42, redjonn said:

assuming you have contacted RLWC what have they said... otherwise we are all guessing

Email from Ticketmaster:

We are emailing you to inform that we noticed a mistake on your RLWC2021 ticketing order. As you originally made your purchase of RLWC2021 tickets directly with the RFL, we exported your order across into the RLWC2021 Official Ticketing site in 2021. However due to a technical glitch when processing it caused your order to be duplicated (which you are probably aware of as will have received 2 sets of tickets in the post).ย 

The duplicate Orderย has now been cancelled off, so the tickets below have now been invalidated and the barcodes will not scan.ย 

• Like 4