RLWC Attendance-O-Meter

24 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The thing that has annoyed me most about this WC is the disgraceful way that the early buyers weren’t given the ‘best available’ seats but just shoved at the front or wherever. Basically meant being enthusiastic and buying on the first day ensured a gash seat. 

To be fair "best available seat" is a pretty subjective concept anyway (not a criticism of your point, just a general comment) - mine and your idea of a good seat might vary wildly for example. I think being able to specify individual blocks is a good thing but I can see the frustration in not being able to pick your exact seat, whether buying early or not - for me that can only be a good thing.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

To be fair "best available seat" is a pretty subjective concept anyway (not a criticism of your point, just a general comment) - mine and your idea of a good seat might vary wildly for example. I think being able to specify individual blocks is a good thing but I can see the frustration in not being able to pick your exact seat, whether buying early or not - for me that can only be a good thing.

Quite - ringside seats often have a poor view and i never buy them.

26 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

I know what you mean but in that case they shouldn’t say best available. And I don’t think anyone I know would say the front row is the best view at a rugby / football ground.   They probably didn’t want people picking seats as it would then be obvious how few they’d sold. 

Edited by Eddie

18 minutes ago, overtheborder said:

I've just completed my ticket buying for the rest of the tournament, by grabbing some £60 tickets for the final. (That'll be all England games, England QF, Emirates SF and Final - £634 in total for the family of 4). I am a late buyer on these and appreciate that I have to take what I get at this stage. The seats aren't great, but I want to be there  and I can't really justify a higher price bracket. On pressing the 'buy' button, I have been allocated tickets up in the Gods. If that had have happened 2 months ago, I would have been well miffed!

• Like 4

52 minutes ago, Eddie said:

The thing that has annoyed me most about this WC is the disgraceful way that the early buyers weren’t given the ‘best available’ seats but just shoved at the front or wherever. Basically meant being enthusiastic and buying on the first day ensured a gash seat. 

Yep. Cook Islands v Wales. Bought on first day of sale. Shoved up right in the corner behind the scoreboard.

Granted it only cost me a tenner and I was easily able to move to a seat on the halfway line but not really the to point.

• Like 3

Last new RL ground (96): Queensway Stadium - North Wales v South Wales 25/6/17

19 hours ago, Dave T said:

Interestingly, you can see the price list for the RUWC in France next time. 

They are selling tickets for some group games as low as €10 (£8.60).

20 of the group games have tickets starting at around £25 or less. 

RL isn't the dirt-cheap sport people make out it is. 

Sorry I was comparing with the tournament in England a few years ago which is perhaps a more fair comparison than to a different country.

15 minutes ago, Anita Bath said:

I nottice you can buy tickets for the final on Man Utd website.  I already have mine so not exploring further - and it might just send you through to the RLWC/ticketmaster website

You can even choose your seats...

https://tickets.manutd.com/en-GB/events/rugby league world cup final/2022-11-19_13.15/old trafford?hallmap

Edited by Northern Eel
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Coastal_Geordie said:

Sorry I was comparing with the tournament in England a few years ago which is perhaps a more fair comparison than to a different country.

The 2015 RU World Cup also had kids tickets from £7 at all games up to the quarter finals and adult prices at some games from £15. Yes the big games were eye watering amounts but they have got their game to a stage were they can charge that. That tournament was also largely played in big stadiums and with games treated as big events. As they got an average of 51,261 that suggests their pricing strategy was sound.

We have gone for big prices for games at bog standard SL grounds and certainly have not treated them as big events. The RLWC organisers have gone for the end goal of charging big money without doing the donkey work to justify that.

• Like 5

Just now, Eddie said:

Plus they claim that any ticket over £58 is a padded seat or hospitality (food and beverage). 

I would imagine that this doesn't apply to this game and that they have accidentally kept the tag on their usual sales platform. Imagine 75% of the ground claiming their free food and drink; they'd be bankrupt!

5 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

I would imagine that this doesn't apply to this game and that they have accidentally kept the tag on their usual sales platform. Imagine 75% of the ground claiming their free food and drink; they'd be bankrupt!

My ticket was £70, will be demanding my prawn vol au vents and bottle of Bollinger. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Northern Eel said:

If you do the maths for the entire tournament its not looking good:(

After a couple of posts where I've highlighted promo e-mails sent to me too late to be of use (e.g. 1hr 21mins before the game at the Riverside yesterday afternoon) I will credit today's effort. 'We notice you've left tickets for the semi-final in your basket...' At least that's a more sensible approach - a game that's a week or two off, in my city. If they'd offered any kind of discount, on the basis I have bought 9 tickets for other games across 3 venues, I probably would have gone for it, but £95 for so-so seats, when added to £30 + for a taxi to get across the city and back, is just a bit more than I'm willing to fork out for my two children and me. So, they are making progress but still could have thought about the loyalty / multi-buy customer.

• Like 1

I love the fact that they've staged a single game on a Monday night after the weekend which felt like the climax of the group stages. Despite it being PNG against a home nation it's somehow lacking in marketability / visibility to the extent that this thread is virtually deserted, though I've heard RLWC are claiming there at least 50 people reading as I type.

1 hour ago, Coastal_Geordie said:

Sort of. A rugby Union World Cup in France next year is absolutely a fair comparison. 

29 minutes ago, N2022 said:

I love the fact that they've staged a single game on a Monday night after the weekend which felt like the climax of the group stages. Despite it being PNG against a home nation it's somehow lacking in marketability / visibility to the extent that this thread is virtually deserted, though I've heard RLWC are claiming there at least 50 people reading as I type.

Might it have something to do with ensuring advantage for England in QF . . 2.5 days more rest and preparation than their opponents?