1. 1. Who will win?

• France by 13 points or more
    • France by 7 to 12 points
    • France by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 1 to 6 points
    • Cook Islands by 7 to 12 points
    • Cook Islands by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/11/22 at 17:30

1,500+ watching on the BBC Sport site despite it not being linked from the Sport front page.

I'd say that's decent.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

This is frustrating to watch. Tactically the French are dreadful. Do they realise you're allowed to tackle below the waist? Watch those Cooks runners with 4 tacklers on them, all at chest level and still moving forward. Someone needs to grab their legs.

• Like 1

Kukis take the bragging rights in a messy but close contest.

France 18:26 Cook Islands

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

11 minutes ago, Josef K said:

I loved the enthusiasm of the French girl who the bbc spoke to at HT. The more international’s for the women’s game the better. I’ll be going early to OT to watch the women’s final before the men’s. 

The Brazil coach said they were lining up a tri-series with France and Canada. I hope that happens.

• Like 3

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

In the commentary Sharon Shortle described Cristina Song Puche as "another with a Rugby Union background". Would have been more interesting to mention that Cristina has played League for Manurewa Marlins in Auckland and Burleigh Bears in Queensland.

RL journalists always seem well-informed about someone`s "Union background". Even if all that involved was playing a bit of 7s some time ago. Yet they`ll know little if anything about the player`s extensive experience in RL. 

This happens too often to be innocent. Do they do their own research or are they fed info? Perhaps they think that portraying the players in a RL game as ultimately belonging to RU carries an assurance of authenticity.