1. 1. Who will win?

• Australia by 13 points or more
    • Australia by 7 to 12 points
    • Australia by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 1 to 6 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 7 to 12 points
    • Papua New Guinea by 13 points or more

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 14/11/22 at 17:30

Jaime Chapman, utterly obliterating the Orchids' last scoring chance.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

They may be Australia.  But... when they are scoring some of these tries they are a pleasure to watch.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

A Women's Rugby League match between Australia and Papua New Guinea is the lead story on the BBC sport website.  This is a very big deal from where we were just a few years ago.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

1 minute ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Aussie coach says the 7 who didn’t play tonight will be in the final. He could pick ‘em out of a hat in random positions and they’d still be phenomenal 

They're amazing to watch. A few years ago, the Ferns could bully the Jillaroos with sheer physicality, but Australia can handle that these days.

• Thanks 1

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

30 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

They're amazing to watch. A few years ago, the Ferns could bully the Jillaroos with sheer physicality, but Australia can handle that these days.

Before 2017 NZ won 16 out of 20 games against OZ. Since then OZ won the last 5/5

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Dunbar said:

A Women's Rugby League match between Australia and Papua New Guinea is the lead story on the BBC sport website.  This is a very big deal from where we were just a few years ago.

I think the success of other women's national teams helps a lot. The knuckle draggers among the sports supporting blokey-blokes must be going purple with anger.

"I am the avenging angel; I come with wings unfurled, I come with claws extended from halfway round the world. I am the God Almighty, I am the howling wind. I care not for your family; I care not for your kin. I come in search of terror, though terror is my own; I come in search of vengeance for crimes and crimes unknown. I care not for your children, I care not for your wives, I care not for your country, I care not for your lives." - (c) Jim Boyes - "The Avenging Angel"

Watched this at the LNER. Complete no-contest, predictably enough. 

Felt sorry for the Orchids. Their one decent spell of pressure ended with Australia scoring a length-of-the-field try.

By chance, I arrived at the stadium as the Jillaroos were getting off their team bus. They're bigger up close than they look on TV!