Why can't we discuss Leighs rebrand? (Merged Threads)

There’s some really strange people in these forums, who cares about someone’s trainers in all honesty?? Who cares enough to go looking at business accounts 🤣🤣 well, we know who.

The guy is a fool at times and says some silly stuff but who cares what T Shirt someone wears, it’s just a form of childish internet bullying.

• Haha 2

47 minutes ago, meast said:

That seems pretty obvious going by his behaviour at times.

But as the owner of a professional sports club, would you not expect him to?

Will Leigh fans give a fluk when it all goes breasts up or will they just shrug it all off and say "ah well that's Degsy, he didn't give a fluk" and wait for someone else to pick up the pieces?

I just find the whole Beaumont/Leigh/Leigh fans worship of him and the situation really strange like he means more to you than the actual club does.

But I'm just an outsider with an interest in rugby league, but I would be wholly concerned and embarrassed if anyone, let alone the owner of my club behaved in the way Mr Beaumont does.

I've known him 30 odd years so nothing is really a surprise to me 

It isn't worship , it's realisation of how lucky we are to have someone so committed to the club financially , without him we bounce around the middle to bottom of the Championship with not a lot to look forward to 

The LSV was designed for SL , it doesn't work financially outside SL , so without considerable external input to get there , we will never get there no matter what 

Edited by GUBRATS

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

So it’s not available to buy yet but Leigh has sold more than last years shirt, how does that work then?

Because you can buy a “gold package” which is more expensive monthly but gets you a replica shirt, that has been the most popular one with over 1200 sold so far. The shirts will be delivered for Xmas.

30 minutes ago, Leonard said:

How much money has he really got? Millions, tens of millions?

I had a look at the AB Sundecks accounts and it was interesting but hardly next level.

Don't know a lot about the bloke - so just curious.

Mind your own business , how much are you worth ? 🤔😀

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Not really , I've got a ST on its own , I rarely buy a shirt I've got loads , and leopard print doesn't go with my eyes 

We’ll agree to disagree, Ivthink stating its selling well (when you can’t actually buy one yet) because you can get one with a ST is fudging the numbers.

Edited by Chrispmartha

2 minutes ago, binosh said:

Because you can buy a “gold package” which is more expensive monthly but gets you a replica shirt, that has been the most popular one with over 1200 sold so far. The shirts will be delivered for Xmas.

Is the shirt the only difference between gold and the silver package?

2 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

We’ll agree to disagree, Ivthink stating its selling well (when you can’t actually buy one yet) because you can get one with a ST is fudging the numbers.

Why do you have to be so pedantic? Any other club and you’d be praising it as a cost effective way to sell shirts and make it affordable to fans, just be honest and say you don’t like Derek or the club no one will fall out with you you’re allowed to dislike things.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, binosh said:

There’s some really strange people in these forums, who cares about someone’s trainers in all honesty?? Who cares enough to go looking at business accounts 🤣🤣 well, we know who.

The guy is a fool at times and says some silly stuff but who cares what T Shirt someone wears, it’s just a form of childish internet bullying.

Who’s being bullied?

Just now, binosh said:

Why do you have to be so pedantic? Any other club and you’d be praising it as a cost effective way to sell shirts and make it affordable to fans, just be honest and say you don’t like Derek or the club no one will fall out with you you’re allowed to dislike things.

Im being pedantic because you stated something and im questioning your facts.

I don’t know Derek Beumont, so i neither like nor dislike him, I personally don’t like how he conducts himself in the role of club owner but it’s not a personal thing.

I dont dislike the Leigh club at all, I dislike how they’ve done this rebrand, thats different than disliking the club

4 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Where has it been answered, who’s being bullied?

It has been answered by the fact that it has been pre purchased with enough STs to pass previous years sales how hard is that to understand ?

I've not mentioned bullying 

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Which wasn’t what i was asking about, and it wasn’t directed at you anyway.

I answered you , and so did Binosh 

If you don't or won't understand our replys/answers then there's not a lot else we can add 

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

I answered you , and so did Binosh 

If you don't or won't understand our replys/answers then there's not a lot else we can add 

Just re read the thread, you are wrong.

I specifically asked Binosh who he thought was being bullied and he didn’t answer. Instead he called me pedantic, so i said I wasn’t i was just asking him a question (about bullying)

You then jumped in getting the wrong end of the stick.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Just re read the thread, you are wrong.

I specifically asked Binosh who he thought was being bullied and he didn’t answer. Instead he called me pedantic, so i said I wasn’t i was just asking him a question (about bullying)

You then jumped in getting the wrong end of the stick.

Ok here we go 

YOU asked about the shirt sales , questioning them , and about the current lack of a website , no need for a website yet , people can pre purchase ( you do understand that principle ? , Essentially ' ordering one ' ) them with a ST or indeed just pre order one from the retail outlet 

I answered you on that subject , as then did Binosh , so that's that sorted 

Then Leonard and HK Bronco mentioned Derecks financial resources and his choice of footwear respectively , Binosh made a post about those two enquiries but did not quote anybody , including not YOU 

So why are you asking for clarification ? , It wasn't directed to YOU , or at YOU 

Hope that makes it clear for YOU 

I'll not discuss further with you 

Bye 🙋

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Ok here we go 

YOU asked about the shirt sales , questioning them , and about the current lack of a website , no need for a website yet , people can pre purchase ( you do understand that principle ? , Essentially ' ordering one ' ) them with a ST or indeed just pre order one from the retail outlet 

I answered you on that subject , as then did Binosh , so that's that sorted 

Then Leonard and HK Bronco mentioned Derecks financial resources and his choice of footwear respectively , Binosh made a post about those two enquiries but did not quote anybody , including not YOU 

So why are you asking for clarification ? , It wasn't directed to YOU , or at YOU 

Hope that makes it clear for YOU 

I'll not discuss further with you 

Bye 🙋

Deary me Gubrats, Binosh stated it was like internet bullying, i simply asked him who was being bullied, that’s how internet forums work, it isn’t just a two way conversation. It’s quite simple, but yes please don’t discuss it further and I won’t neither as it’s pointless.

15 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Deary me Gubrats, Binosh stated it was like internet bullying, i simply asked him who was being bullied, that’s how internet forums work, it isn’t just a two way conversation. It’s quite simple, but yes please don’t discuss it further and I won’t neither as it’s pointless.

The topic is a rebrand, a poorly executed one which is the ridicule of RL, fine, I can live with that, you calling the club tinpot, fine, I can live with that, people making derogatory statements about Derek, fine I can live with that it’s not insulting me, but then it descends into photos of his footwear on social media & clothing which is just nitpicking and childish and a form of bullying. Derek probably doesn’t care or read these forums and is I assume quite thick skinned but that nonsense really annoys me.

• Thanks 1