Why can't we discuss Leighs rebrand? (Merged Threads)

1 hour ago, Tim Streets tache said:

This shirt from, this years summer bash is so much better than any of the recent efforts......

2022-SUMMER-BASH-OPTIONS-FINAL_HOME-REPLICA-1068x755.jpg

Have felt, ever since the brand launch, that if the rebrand will involve moving away from red and white (not played in cherry and white for years), then red and black would be the way to go. Maybe an AC Milan style kit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, phiggins said:

Have felt, ever since the brand launch, that if the rebrand will involve moving away from red and white (not played in cherry and white for years), then red and black would be the way to go. Maybe an AC Milan style kit.

If you said red and black as in Leigh East it would make it easier for me to understand other than AC Milan, I don't know what kit they play in.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Tim Streets tache said:

Just seen Gary Heatherington wearing a horn hat and some rhino skin cowboy boots

Neil Hudgell’s just picked up his outfit for the SuperLeague launch event next year 

D4700CE4-D3A1-4F6D-AE4C-A5D76F1135CC.jpeg

• Haha 5

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

22 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Will be interesting to see how the Leigh Lizards  get on next season but I can't see anything other than a relegation scrap.

What division do they play in? never heard of them or are you really that dim (most probably) that you can't remember the name or just trolling?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Will be interesting to see how the Leigh Lizards  get on next season but I can't see anything other than a relegation scrap.

I think most Leigh fans would accept narrowly avoiding relegation if you offered it now. But we’re better placed this season than we were in 2017 (when in turn we were better placed than 2021 and 2005), not least because there’s a coach in place that is qualified to coach a super league team. 

2 hours ago, phiggins said:

I think most Leigh fans would accept narrowly avoiding relegation if you offered it now. But we’re better placed this season than we were in 2017 (when in turn we were better placed than 2021 and 2005), not least because there’s a coach in place that is qualified to coach a super league team. 

Without any previous connection to the club.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, phiggins said:

But we’re better placed this season than we were in 2017 (when in turn we were better placed than 2021 and 2005), not least because there’s a coach in place that is qualified to coach a super league team. 

Wow the news that Lam is being replaced is another thing this rebrand shambles has really overshadowed.

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, The Ghost of 99 said:

Wow the news that Lam is being replaced is another thing this rebrand shambles has really overshadowed.

Coached a team to a SL grand final. Assistant coach for the World Cup winning Australia National side.

Compare that with the CV of our previous Super League coaches. Darren Abram,   Neil Jukes, John Duffy and Kurt Haggerty 

• Like 5

1 minute ago, ShropshireBull said:

Harsh on guy who built a squad for Championship, found out he was going to be in  SL with zero notice and half the cash. It makes no difference who your manager is in that scenario.

Guessing that you're referring to Duffy? My point was that he'd only ever been a coach in a part time environment from what I can remember (Swinton, Fev and Leigh in 2019). So was a big jump, regardless of circumstances. Jukes had coached an amateur team before getting a job at Leigh, and Abram had had a few years at Chorley before getting the Leigh job, again when we were part time.

I just think Lam is more likely to be able to run things professionally, and get the respect of the players. Whether that translates into results remains to be seen, but I'd rather have him in charge than any of the other coaches I named in my post.

1 hour ago, ShropshireBull said:

Harsh on guy who built a squad for Championship, found out he was going to be in  SL with zero notice and half the cash. It makes no difference who your manager is in that scenario.

fair that - no shame in saying that ideally you'd want a top tier manager for a top tier team, but you can't crucify a coach (and his signings) for suddenly being in a radically different position to what the plan was when he and they were signed.

31 minutes ago, iffleyox said:

fair that - no shame in saying that ideally you'd want a top tier manager for a top tier team, but you can't crucify a coach (and his signings) for suddenly being in a radically different position to what the plan was when he and they were signed.

I never crucified Duffy. Just said that we have a better qualified coach now than we had in any of our previous seasons in Super League.  

On the tram last weekend going to the RLWC final I was chatting to a chap from Leigh. I asked him about the rebrand asking what it now was. With the noise on the tram his strong accent, I was convinced he said Leigh Lepers! 

I was soon corrected by a pie eater.

Just now, jroyales said:

On the tram last weekend going to the RLWC final I was chatting to a chap from Leigh. I asked him about the rebrand asking what it now was. With the noise on the tram his strong accent, I was convinced he said Leigh Lepers! 

I was soon corrected by a pie eater.

Was he spitting crust all over you?

Whenever I have to visit Wigan I always wear a Bee Keepers hat, I find it much safer that way!

• Haha 1

20 hours ago, phiggins said:

Coached a team to a SL grand final. Assistant coach for the World Cup winning Australia National side.

Compare that with the CV of our previous Super League coaches. Darren Abram,   Neil Jukes, John Duffy and Kurt Haggerty 

He looked very professional and calm with Australia. They wouldn't have anyone on the coaching staff who didn't adhere to high standards.

Also he is likely to have learnt from being in the Australian set up.

I think Leigh will have a good season. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Damien said:

The cheek, does Degsy really think fans of other clubs would be so childish 🤣:

See, what they have cleverly done here is select a series of names that begin with the letter L.

For those who haven’t noticed, Leigh and Leopards also begin with L and so any one of Lobby, Leyther, LeighO, Lenny and Lilford would see all three words beginning with L. 

Very inventive.

• Haha 1

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

24 minutes ago, Dunbar said:

See, what they have cleverly done here is select a series of names that begin with the letter L.

For those who haven’t noticed, Leigh and Leopards also begin with L and so any one of Lobby, Leyther, LeighO, Lenny and Lilford would see all three words beginning with L. 

Very inventive.

After all the Hysteria about the rebrand I'd go for Jeff Leopard myself.👨‍🎤 The team could run out to "Let's get rocked" but I'm afraid it'll be Salford bringin' on the heartbreak on 17th Feb.😉

• Haha 5

6 minutes ago, SalfordSlim said:

After all the Hysteria about the rebrand I'd go for Jeff Leopard myself.👨‍🎤 The team could run out to "Let's get rocked" but I'm afraid it'll be Salford bringin' on the heartbreak on 17th Feb.😉

How about "When love and hate collide" or better yet "Animal"?

Edited by Hemi4561
Typo