Why can't we discuss Leighs rebrand? (Merged Threads)

4 minutes ago, Spidey said:

Yet again we see why we can’t talk about Leigh 🤦🏼‍♂️

Talk about the rebrand all you want, what the f88k have a pair of trainers got to do with it or the accounts of his business?

Edited by binosh
  • Thanks 2

1 minute ago, binosh said:

The topic is a rebrand, a poorly executed one which is the ridicule of RL, fine, I can live with that, you calling the club tinpot, fine, I can live with that, people making derogatory statements about Derek, fine I can live with that it’s not insulting me, but then it descends into photos of his footwear on social media & clothing which is just nitpicking and childish and a form of bullying. Derek probably doesn’t care or read these forums and is I assume quite thick skinned but that nonsense really annoys me.

Ok thank you for clarification, I tend to agree with you which is why I haven’t taken the mick out of his appearance or clothing.

3 minutes ago, binosh said:

Talk about the rebrand all you want, what the f88k have a pair of trainers got to do with it or the accounts of his business?

The accounts of his business are what make the club be in the position it is in, and his fashion choice are why you've ended up with this rebrand choice in the first place.

As far as factors go for a club, these are actually well up there for Leigh.

4 hours ago, binosh said:

Ellgren are a business and shirt sales have surpassed last year so wether I like it or you like it people have bought it and in some of the packages it’s included so we will be seeing it a lot on the terraces.

Genuine question… how? The shirt keeps changing so how have people been able to buy it? Have we seen the final version yet?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RP London said:

Genuine question… how? The shirt keeps changing so how have people been able to buy it? Have we seen the final version yet?

Just to add, the reason I mention this is because people aren’t sure what they are getting 100% and it keeps changing then which one of them is then more popular, the one with red on, the one without or just the idea that someone wants a free replica shirt etc. I think to judge it from the link to season tickets is perhaps a bit disingenuous. Also it’s outselling in what terms? Versus what stats, time of year, first week of release etc and if these are being used was the same deal with season tickets on in the period you compare this to, what were those sales, what division were you in etc etc… 

It’s a bit of a non stat, exactly the same as was said with the England shirt when “record sales” were announced for that. 

i don’t see this as anti Leigh as, as said, the same questions have been raised when other shirts/clubs have had similar statements about them made. 

2 minutes ago, RP London said:

So the one with red and the claw marks is definitely the last, you’re bet your house on it?

It’s been announced as the finalised shirt design, while the shirt used at the brand launch wasn’t even explicitly announced as being the kit.

I’m not betting the house on anything, I’ve only just moved in. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, phiggins said:

It’s been announced as the finalised shirt design, while the shirt used at the brand launch wasn’t even explicitly announced as being the kit.

I’m not betting the house on anything, I’ve only just moved in. 

To be fair was a bit tongue in cheek but I wouldn’t be shocked if another came out..

21 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Who knows, I remember some Leigh fans were absolutely adamant that the logo wasn’t the final one, and degsy was tweeting variations to garner feedback, when it was the final one all along.

The whole thing has been a mess.

Admittedly, that was my impression. But when I posted along those lines, it was in response to the suggestion that the badge was changing every time he posted. When the reality was that the official badge hadn’t changed once, and the tweets in question weren’t claiming to be a new badge. No idea what he was tweeting them for though. 

That said, I agree entirely with the last line of your post. It’s been a mess. I don’t like the kit or the badge, but they’re subjective. I couldn’t care less about the name change either. But the comms has been dreadful. And the real unforgivable part in my opinion is to not have a website with even just a badge change live. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, phiggins said:

Admittedly, that was my impression. But when I posted along those lines, it was in response to the suggestion that the badge was changing every time he posted. When the reality was that the official badge hadn’t changed once, and the tweets in question weren’t claiming to be a new badge. No idea what he was tweeting them for though. 

That said, I agree entirely with the last line of your post. It’s been a mess. I don’t like the kit or the badge, but they’re subjective. I couldn’t care less about the name change either. But the comms has been dreadful. And the real unforgivable part in my opinion is to not have a website with even just a badge change live. 

If I was a Leigh fan id be gutted because they have genuinely done some good stuff (memberships etc) and signed some decent players, and they had a real opportunity with a rebrand to create a professional and positive image going into SL

And instead 99.9% of people are taking the mick because its so bad.

• Like 7

2 hours ago, RP London said:

Just to add, the reason I mention this is because people aren’t sure what they are getting 100% and it keeps changing then which one of them is then more popular, the one with red on, the one without or just the idea that someone wants a free replica shirt etc. I think to judge it from the link to season tickets is perhaps a bit disingenuous. Also it’s outselling in what terms? Versus what stats, time of year, first week of release etc and if these are being used was the same deal with season tickets on in the period you compare this to, what were those sales, what division were you in etc etc… 

It’s a bit of a non stat, exactly the same as was said with the England shirt when “record sales” were announced for that. 

i don’t see this as anti Leigh as, as said, the same questions have been raised when other shirts/clubs have had similar statements about them made. 

And on these other occasions , did you receive definitive figures for them with comparisons from years past ? 

2 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Who knows, I remember some Leigh fans were absolutely adamant that the logo wasn’t the final one, and degsy was tweeting variations to garner feedback, when it was the final one all along.

The whole thing has been a mess.

Indeed I'm off to throw myself in the canal I'm that embarrassed by it 

1 hour ago, Chrispmartha said:

If I was a Leigh fan id be gutted because they have genuinely done some good stuff (memberships etc) and signed some decent players, and they had a real opportunity with a rebrand to create a professional and positive image going into SL

And instead 99.9% of people are taking the mick because its so bad.

Totally and completely gutted , everybody I speak to is the same , we're all going to protest outside the LSV all next season instead of going inside and watching the Rugby 

As I said earlier I had a thick Wiganer today saying we should have had Lions instead , obviously so far up his SL Harris he'd forgotten about a former giant of a club called Swinton 

Woe , woe , woe is me , that's ' thrice ' isn't it to quote Frankie 

We haven't embarrassed RL , it's a shirt and a badge , nobody cares except a few childish , pathetic individuals on here , whose lives are so incredibly boring they desperately need to make issue of it 

Get a life 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, RP London said:

We don't care what it looks like , it'll be OUR shirt , it could have anything on it as long as it doesn't say Wigan on it 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Totally and completely gutted , everybody I speak to is the same , we're all going to protest outside the LSV all next season instead of going inside and watching the Rugby 

As I said earlier I had a thick Wiganer today saying we should have had Lions instead , obviously so far up his SL Harris he'd forgotten about a former giant of a club called Swinton 

Woe , woe , woe is me , that's ' thrice ' isn't it to quote Frankie 

We haven't embarrassed RL , it's a shirt and a badge , nobody cares except a few childish , pathetic individuals on here , whose lives are so incredibly boring they desperately need to make issue of it 

Get a life 

Don’t ever accuse other posters of being antagonistic and then go crying to the moderators.

Mods might as well lock this now.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dkw said:

I don't know which rebranding is funnier, Leigh Centurions to Leigh Leopards (anus) or Gubby from antagonistic "you lot take it all too seriously" to thin skinned mod botherer....

Only one of those is a rebrand.

• Haha 2

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

@GUBRATS the admin have already said they are letting this one go so please do yourself and us a favour and stay off it as you are clearly going to get all 'David Banner' on us, there will be stuff that will anger you and as John Drake already said, those (you) that don't want to read it all can simply ignore it.

You have already started quoting EVERY post and getting annoyed, next it will resort to you name calling etc so best you just kept away.

• Like 1