Salford FC move to AJB is OFF

46 minutes ago, dboy said:

It's "distasteful" to game the competition through spending money on players, when you don't pay your rent.

It's very simple.

Oh give over dboy

What the hell does game the competition mean when it's at home?

And if it's so simple their landlords will throw them out, that's what landlords do!

2 warning points:kolobok_dirol:  Non-Political

24 minutes ago, Oxford said:

Oh give over dboy

What the hell does game the competition mean when it's at home?

And if it's so simple their landlords will throw them out, that's what landlords do!

It means cheating.

And Salford don't pay their rent because they know the Council have no choice but to carry them.

Sale know it too.

Someone earlier called it a White Elephant. Bingo!

Pay your rent you skanky sponging ######.

• Haha 1
  • Confused 1

For clarity, Salford Council are legally obliged to pay any shortfall in SRDs rent payments.

Salford have NEVER made a full monthly payment of rent - as confirmed by their CEO at last year's fans' forum - they pay circa 30% of what they should; a deficit of over £500K per annum.

SRD don't pay, Salford tax payers do.

Yet they can afford an 8 year marquee contract.

• Like 2

South Sydney Rabbitohs haven't paid rent for over ten years. In fact, the landlord pays them. 

I don't understand why a rent paying or rent free option is the lesser model than owning your own ground. 

If you are tasked with paying rent, sweet, then as a paying tenant, you would have access to hospitality facilities to increase matchday income.

Otherwise, rent free tenancy where you only derive an income from ticket sales (maybe a portion of that is paid to the landlord). This is a good option too. Just need to adapt your business to fit and prosper.

uhm if my Land lord was asking me play only 30% I wouldn't be complaining

14 minutes ago, dboy said:

For clarity, Salford Council are legally obliged to pay any shortfall in SRDs rent payments.

Salford have NEVER made a full monthly payment of rent - as confirmed by their CEO at last year's fans' forum - they pay circa 30% of what they should; a deficit of over £500K per annum.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sports Prophet said:

South Sydney Rabbitohs haven't paid rent for over ten years. In fact, the landlord pays them. 

I don't understand why a rent paying or rent free option is the lesser model than owning your own ground. 

If you are tasked with paying rent, sweet, then as a paying tenant, you would have access to hospitality facilities to increase matchday income.

Otherwise, rent free tenancy where you only derive an income from ticket sales (maybe a portion of that is paid to the landlord). This is a good option too. Just need to adapt your business to fit and prosper.

Souths don't "not pay their rent"; they don't have rent to pay - it's in the interests of the ground owners to have them play there.

Salford have a tenancy that requires them to pay rent, which they choose not to pay, knowing that their guarantor, Salford Council and its tax payers have to pay for them.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

uhm if my Land lord was asking me play only 30% I wouldn't be complaining

The landlord asks for and receives 100% of their rent.

Salford Council pay it because they are legally obliged to.

They are guarantors of SRDs tenancy. 

SRD choose not to pay their rent (or running an academy), instead spending it on their first team squad.

They are parasites.

Edited by dboy
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

35 minutes ago, dboy said:

Souths don't "not pay their rent"; they don't have rent to pay - it's in the interests of the ground owners to have them play there.

Salford have a tenancy that requires them to pay rent, which they choose not to pay, knowing that their guarantor, Salford Council and its tax payers have to pay for them.

Aliteration aside, does the SRD tenancy agreement allow for them to manage and profit from food and beverage and hospitality?

Oh, I believe like most cuckoo clubs, Salford have been stitched up on the F&B - but that was the deal they engineered, agreed and signed to achieve the Holy Grail of a new stadium.

They cocked-up massively, and where they should have had self-determination in a stadium built for them, Peel had their, and the councils, pants down.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, dboy said:

Oh, I believe like most cuckoo clubs, Salford have been stitched up on the F&B - but that was the deal they engineered, agreed and signed to achieve the Holy Grail of a new stadium.

They cocked-up massively, and where they should have had self-determination in a stadium built for them, Peel had their, and the councils, pants down.

Only a buffoon would sign that contract. It has Rugby League written all over it 😂 

This is the last comment I'll make on this subject because I neither believe it to be wholly true nor do I think this is motivated by any positive or well intentioned ideas.

It is simply meant to harm SRD and will almost certainly harm RL if this continues. If you wished to destroy a club this would be a perfect way to go about it.

Simply accepting ideas like this may suit some.

5 hours ago, Oxford said:

This is the last comment I'll make on this subject because I neither believe it to be wholly true nor do I think this is motivated by any positive or well intentioned ideas.

It is simply meant to harm SRD and will almost certainly harm RL if this continues. If you wished to destroy a club this would be a perfect way to go about it.

Simply accepting ideas like this may suit some.

What are you referring to? Your comment isn't specific enough, 

41 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

What are you referring to? Your comment isn't specific enough, 

But Stanley If I explained I'd be making a comment after the last one I was ever making.

In terms of the OP, SRD seem to be staying at the AJB, which should cheer both Red Devils' fans anf RL supporters alike.

10 hours ago, Sports Prophet said:

👍

25 minutes ago, Oxford said:

But Stanley If I explained I'd be making a comment after the last one I was ever making.

In terms of the OP, SRD seem to be staying at the AJB, which should cheer both Red Devils' fans anf RL supporters alike.

Gobbledygook and poppycock then

3 minutes ago, Stanley30 said:

Gobbledygook and poppycock then

So Stanley your interest level was only troll deep, then?

Had you referred back to the thread with dboy you might not have needed to ask in the first place.

But for SRD things seem to looking up.

Nope not at all, your post didn't make sense that's all. 

With regards to the above thread as a SRD fan it pains me to say it but I agree with dboy. Although I love  the club and desperately want them to get on the front foot and not require council intervention, they haven't for years. 

I don't currently reside in Salford, but if my tax money was being used to support a professional sports club I'd be furious. Especially with current government funding issues and public sector wages strikes

Anything involving "playing" should not take tax payers money away from other areas which need it. 

I hope to hell this is the turning point and gets us away from this reliance as it can't go on anymore. 

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, dboy said:

The landlord asks for and receives 100% of their rent.

Salford Council pay it because they are legally obliged to.

They are guarantors of SRDs tenancy. 

SRD choose not to pay their rent (or running an academy), instead spending it on their first team squad.

They are parasites.

You are aware Salford run a reserve team, women’s team, wheelchair team, Pdrl team a college side with a u15/16/17. They applied for an academy but were declined like Leigh although they’re still pushing massively for one. The club also has development programs in wales, Serbia and Ghana. But yes there “parasites” because you did like the club😂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Anyway a threat to SRD's tenure at the AJB has subsided and the team looks like going from strength to strength. The SC and Sale bid is finished and they have to make up their minds what to do next ....

but if you're a TGG fan I would imagine you couldn't care less. I don't!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Oxford said:

Anyway a threat to SRD's tenure at the AJB has subsided and the team looks like going from strength to strength. The SC and Sale bid is finished and they have to make up their minds what to do next ....

but if you're a TGG fan I would imagine you couldn't care less. I don't!

Looking good for the future mate. King and blease have done a top job. Hopefully we get another prop in be we will see.

• Like 2

Just now, Charlie said:

Looking good for the future mate. King and blease have done a top job. Hopefully we get another prop in be we will see.

King, Bleasey and Rowleyball and spine worth it's weight in gold, a marriage made in heaven!

Never mind the outside backs!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, dboy said:

Seeing as you're an expert on all things Salford can you provide us all with details of how much money Salford City Council made from the sale of The Willows and the subsequent new build housing estate that replaced it?

Thanks luv.x

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It all seems to boil down to whether Salford Council consider the Red Devils a key community asset worth supporting/subsidising, or whether the council just wants to maximise its financial position (or in reality minimise its exposure) in regards to the stadium. 

If its the former, and there are indications that they do want to continue to support, then SRD should now be relatively secure at the AJ Bell over the next few years. 

If it's the latter, then the risk is the Sale/SCFC deal could come back in another guise, with one of them as the lead operator at the stadium. Financially, that would be the best option for the council. 

1 hour ago, SalfordSlim said:

Seeing as you're an expert on all things Salford can you provide us all with details of how much money Salford City Council made from the sale of The Willows and the subsequent new build housing estate that replaced it?

Thanks luv.x

No I don't know those details, but they are irrelevant.

What does it have to do with SRD failing to pay the rent they contractually agreed to pay, and instead spend it on players?

Just pay your rent, then spend on players.

Edited by dboy