RLWC Merchandise delays

11 hours ago, RS said:

Ordered 14 days ago my stuff has not been dispatched 

Get in the queue 😂😂 Mine now on 28 days without being dispatched 

What annoys me is they’ve still got adverts pushing the merch when it’s quite obvious they can’t handle the demand - they are just putting more pressure on themselves 

Having checked my mails. I actually ordered on 18th November. That’ll be 5 weeks ago tomorrow. Nothing even confirming it’s been dispatched. 

Well done to those who have their items, It seems it’s pot luck in what order they fulfill orders

"Thank you for placing your order with shop.rlwc2021.comWe regretfully inform you that your order has been delayed due to unexpectedly high demand, plus unprecedented industry challenges with staffing shortages and courier performance. Your order will be shipped before 9th January 2023 

We sincerely apologise for any inconvenience, and we appreciate your understanding.  If you would like to discuss amends to your order then please reply to this email and we will be happy to assist. 

Kind Regards,
Rugby League World Cup 2021 Online Shop Customer Service Team"

Unexpectedly high demand?
You didn't expect to sell everything you had for a limited time event? That's the business model you should have! 

If they meet 9th January that will be a six week delay, nothing to do with a courier if you haven't despatched it yet!

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Leonard said:

Ordered a load of stuff last week, in 2 different orders, and got it this week.

I must be lucky - never had an issue with the RLWC ticket site either.

This is what I don’t get, they’re not even dealing with orders in order. I have no faith that they have proper stock control in place, and they’ll end up not fulfilling some people’s requests even after this claim

Plus their advertising has yet to stop. What hope do they have if they keep increasing demand

Just now, Spidey said:

This is what I don’t get, they’re not even dealing with orders in order. I have no faith that they have proper stock control in place, and they’ll end up not fulfilling some people’s requests even after this claim

Plus their advertising has yet to stop. What hope do they have if they keep increasing demand

I did order non-RLWC stuff though - so not sure if that made a difference.

1 minute ago, Spidey said:

Yep I saw an advert yesterday about presents for Christmas from their shop 🤦‍♂️

Just now, Eddie said:

Yep I saw an advert yesterday about presents for Christmas from their shop 🤦‍♂️

If you are Eastern Christians, i.e. the proper ones, then Christmas is 7 January.

Expect large orders from Greece RL fans.

Situation far from perfect. Just providing further ammunition for the critics. 

Still, RLWC2021must take full responsibility.

I may be wrong (I have credible references for this from my wife) but I think that RLWC 2021 don't hold any stock at all. It's all at a fulfillment house, I think. RLWC2021 process the orders, take payment,  pass the order to the fulfillment house, who then pass the actual packed items to the courier. The courier's distribution network then ships using a delivery path that depends on where the recipient lives. That may explain the wildly varying delivery times, if there are several different network nodes and final-leg deliverers.

4 hours ago, Spidey said:

For those with the long wait, it’s probably because they’d run out of stock so had to wait for additional to be made and shipped 

1 hour ago, DoubleD said:

For those with the long wait, it’s probably because they’d run out of stock so had to wait for additional to be made and shipped 

No suure about that. Out of stock items are greyed out so not orderable, I think.

14 minutes ago, JohnM said:

No suure about that. Out of stock items are greyed out so not orderable, I think.

It depends how regularly that is monitored and updated. If it’s not in sync with the ordering system then they can soon end up in this situation