Batley Bulldogs

https://youtu.be/wMB4KCX1Zp4

A great initiative by the board, they were buoyed by the number of fans travelling away in the playoffs last season. Knowing its going to be a financially tough year for fans this will be a big help, hope its a real success, I'll use my extra tenner to bring someone new to the game each week, hopefully a few Superleage neutrals might head along and see what a great sumners day out Mount Pleasant is. 

• Like 2

Hope it's a success for them and that (like Bradford City in soccer) they keep a decent percentage of those paying lower prices now when they have to raise them gradually in the future.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

It was announced on an earlier video. A few existing sponsors have upped their investment to offset the shortfall.  I really hope it works out, any championship fans who have been on a warm summers day will vouch for what a great afternoon out it is, when the bouncy castle and other activities is on for the kids and a live band behind the Glen Tomlinson stand, and Batley playing good rugby as the last 2 seasons. The board deserve backing, it's a big gamble. 

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

Great away day Batley, i know its many of Rovers supporters favourite away day.

a town brimming with culture - is the topless barmaid pub still going near the skopos at the junction?

• Haha 2

see you later undertaker - in a while necrophile 

7 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

You're lucky then ,it would be a nail bar or Turkish barber in Fev ,100's of em lol.

yer - theres so many of them everywhere it makes you feel proud that british people are still willing to set up businesses in these tough times and keep the economy afloat - oh no - i just remembered there was £100 in cash in my jeans before i put them in the laundry basket - gotta go!

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

yer - theres so many of them everywhere it makes you feel proud that british people are still willing to set up businesses in these tough times and keep the economy afloat - oh no - i just remembered there was £100 in cash in my jeans before i put them in the laundry basket - gotta go!

Thing with the Turkish barbers is they are open 7 days a week , probably 14/15 hours a day 

Be surprised if some are not open this Sunday 

Different culture 

9 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Thing with the Turkish barbers is they are open 7 days a week , probably 14/15 hours a day 

Be surprised if some are not open this Sunday 

Different culture 

I assumed that a number of such are fronts for washing money.

5 minutes ago, Leonard said:

I assumed that a number of such are fronts for washing money.

26 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Snap.

1 minute ago, Midlands hobo said:

A scandalous and bigoted remark. You forgot to add the hand carwashes 

I apologise.

Male grooming from shows like TOWIE has clearly had a huge impact in Fev.

1 minute ago, Leonard said:

I apologise.

Male grooming from shows like TOWIE has clearly had a huge impact in Fev.

unemployment is no joke you know - the number of young men that have nothing to do but hang around on the streets bored (sat in 100k bmws and audis  amongst other luxury cars i have never been able to afford ) is heartbreaking - is there any chance of them been able to find good old fashioned employment?

1 minute ago, graveyard johnny said:

unemployment is no joke you know - the number of young men that have nothing to do but hang around on the streets bored (sat in 100k bmws and audis  amongst other luxury cars i have never been able to afford ) is heartbreaking - is there any chance of them been able to find good old fashioned employment?

(hums White Christmas to himself)

21 minutes ago, Leonard said:

(hums White Christmas to himself)

was thinking of starting an urgent appeal with it been christmas - there are young men on the back streets of ravensthorpe without jobs and no income who have to run luxury cars like mercs audis lexus and bmws - with the price of fuel and everything else these days how can they possibly survive? 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Not since we exported everything abroad. Men prefer jobs which are hands on but now it seems like everything is office based. I'm sure tge jobs are there because we have a shortage but the pathways are very poor.

46 minutes ago, graveyard johnny said:

Like shovelling snow