World record attempt

POR

3 hours ago, RigbyLuger said:

I'm throwing stones at a poor attempt at whatever the club was trying to do, not those who turned up, and have through thin and thinner.

The club was trying to get people to attend. And you want to throw stones at that? I'm intrigued know why you have a problem with RL clubs trying to get people to attend games. 

10 minutes ago, daz39 said:

As has been stated, the crowd itself is not been slated, it's a very good crowd for a mid table championship side.

And yet you were so keen to throw around insults like bucket shakers (or something) 

36 minutes ago, daz39 said:

They ridiculed themselves by putting out a claim they were going for a 'world record', this is about that not about the crowds itself, and certainly doesn't have anything to do with Huddersfield/Wakefield etc.

They ridiculed themselves by trying to get a good crowd? It has everything to do with Wakefield/Huddersfield when their fans are taking the pee out of other clubs. 

3 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

And yet you were so keen to throw around insults like bucket shakers (or something) 

They ridiculed themselves by trying to get a good crowd? It has everything to do with Wakefield/Huddersfield when their fans are taking the pee out of other clubs. 

Oh quit being so flaming defensive, they claimed they were going for a 'world record' that's what the ridicule os over, not the fact they tried to get a bigger crowd or the crowd they did get....and yes bucket rattlers !!!

7 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Oh quit being so flaming defensive, they claimed they were going for a 'world record' that's what the ridicule os over, not the fact they tried to get a bigger crowd or the crowd they did get....and yes bucket rattlers !!!

Defensive? I don't support the bulls. But the fact that you are obsessing over terminology (which was admittedly weak) and then take the pee out of their financial status suggests you have another agenda at play. 

I look forward to following Huddersfields crowds this season and commenting on them on the appropriate thread. I'm sure they will be tremendous and definitely not worthy of ridicule. 

4 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Defensive? I don't support the bulls. But the fact that you are obsessing over terminology (which was admittedly weak) and then take the pee out of their financial status suggests you have another agenda at play. 

I look forward to following Huddersfields crowds this season and commenting on them on the appropriate thread. I'm sure they will be tremendous and definitely not worthy of ridicule. 

Byall means ridicule them if they make a claim which leaves them open to it but unlike the Bucket rattlers neither us or wakey have done such a thing,

Just now, daz39 said:

Byall means ridicule them if they make a claim which leaves them open to it but unlike the Bucket rattlers neither us or wakey have done such a thing,

So as long as they do nothing and say nothing, it's acceptable to trundle along with crowds of 5-6K in the supposed elite division? Ok bud. Just as long as clubs don't get ideas above their station eh? 

Yes, unless we claim we are going to try and break a record which clearly isn't correct then ridicule away. maybe we could try and break our own 'kirklees opening day record', though i know we will fall short by a good 10,000 so we wouldn't even contemplate making such a ridiculous statement.

Just now, daz39 said:

Yes, unless we claim we are going to try and break a record which clearly isn't correct then ridicule away. maybe we could try and break our own 'kirklees opening day record', though i know we will fall short by a good 10,000 so we wouldn't even contemplate making such a ridiculous statement.

Then maybe you could try to make some sort of record, in any shape or form whatsoever. But I suppose that would be putting yourself up to ridicule.

There again, with a rich owner who will definitely be there forever, you don't have to worry about trivialities like attracting new fans. 

2 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Then maybe you could try to make some sort of record, in any shape or form whatsoever. But I suppose that would be putting yourself up to ridicule.

There again, with a rich owner who will definitely be there forever, you don't have to worry about trivialities like attracting new fans. 

Why do we need to make a record?

did Bradford?

have any other club this weekend?

but you think Huddersfield should because 1 of their fans has commented on a post ridiculing another club for stating they were trying to break a world record when clearly they weren't?.

You need to sleep, your blood pressure must be sky high right now.....good night.

2 minutes ago, daz39 said:

Why do we need to make a record?

did Bradford?

have any other club this weekend?

but you think Huddersfield should because 1 of their fans has commented on a post ridiculing another club for stating they were trying to break a world record when clearly they weren't?.

You need to sleep, your blood pressure must be sky high right now.....good night.

Yeah mate, check it out - I'm not the one ridiculing anybody, I hope all RL clubs do well - even Huddersfield.

But I will call out childish name calling when I see it. And until Huddersfield are getting better crowds (which I hope they do) you are in no position to take the pee out of Bradford, however much you hate them. Good night indeed. 

Another weird thread. 

A club advertises that they are going for a World record and misses it by absolute miles, but we can't be critical of that because Hudds don't get good crowds. 

I really don't think forums are for some people. There will be scores of conversations like this throughout the year.

And despite paranoia, it won't be because some like to kick Bradford. There'll be conversations about fans rattling round the DW despite there being 11k in, or Wire not making effort again and not quite getting 10k, or Salford getting 4k despite winning, or London's crowds dipping again. 

There is no issue here with this discussion in the slightest. 

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, Dave T said:

Another weird thread. 

A club advertises that they are going for a World record and misses it by absolute miles, but we can't be critical of that because Hudds don't get good crowds. 

I really don't think forums are for some people. There will be scores of conversations like this throughout the year.

And despite paranoia, it won't be because some like to kick Bradford. There'll be conversations about fans rattling round the DW despite there being 11k in, or Wire not making effort again and not quite getting 10k, or Salford getting 4k despite winning, or London's crowds dipping again. 

There is no issue here with this discussion in the slightest. 

I didn't say there should be a ban on discussing it. I just find it highly ridiculous that supporters of clubs like Wakefield and Huddersfield can see fit to criticise other clubs and their attempts to get better crowds. 

And again, you say they missed it by miles but still got 3x the other crowds...... worth ridiculing over silly terminology? I'd say no. 

I say if doing ridiculous things gets bigger crowds than your rivals (and some SL clubs) then maybe carry on being ridiculous? 

Just my opinion. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

I just find it highly ridiculous that supporters of clubs like Wakefield and Huddersfield can see fit to criticise other clubs and their attempts to get better crowds. 

Why?

Is it the fault of those Wakefield and Huddersfield fans that their clubs aren't particularly well supported?

Do we have to wait for our own clubs to win Super League before we can crack as, "Is it Warrington's year?" joke?

The Bradford crowd is simultaneously good because it's a more than decent figure for the division but a little jarring after they did a massive off-season push of season tickets and then put out that thing anticipating a crowd double the number who showed up.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. (Terry Pratchett)

1 minute ago, Nothus said:

If it was any other club than Bradford doing this, there's no way this thread would have reached four pages. Make of that what you will.

You're right. If it had been Leigh, we'd have been up to 20 pages and it would've been locked.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Why?

Is it the fault of those Wakefield and Huddersfield fans that their clubs aren't particularly well supported?

Do we have to wait for our own clubs to win Super League before we can crack as, "Is it Warrington's year?" joke?

The Bradford crowd is simultaneously good because it's a more than decent figure for the division but a little jarring after they did a massive off-season push of season tickets and then put out that thing anticipating a crowd double the number who showed up.

Fine, you're happy with it and that's up to you.

It's not just a RL thing, I just don't like people taking the pee out of others when they are sat there doing nothing. And while it's not individual fans fault that their club has poor attendances, a bit more awareness of what it looks like might be in order. 

Clubs should be asking "what are we bringing to the table?" As it is, some are just taking. 

23 minutes ago, The Masked Poster said:

Fine, you're happy with it and that's up to you.

It's not just a RL thing, I just don't like people taking the pee out of others when they are sat there doing nothing. And while it's not individual fans fault that their club has poor attendances, a bit more awareness of what it looks like might be in order. 

Clubs should be asking "what are we bringing to the table?" As it is, some are just taking. 

You are 100% right on this - Clubs should be asking that. But their fans are able to hold opinions good and bad about other clubs without having to look at their own clubs record on such matters.

2 hours ago, The Masked Poster said:

I didn't say there should be a ban on discussing it. I just find it highly ridiculous that supporters of clubs like Wakefield and Huddersfield can see fit to criticise other clubs and their attempts to get better crowds. 

And again, you say they missed it by miles but still got 3x the other crowds...... worth ridiculing over silly terminology? I'd say no. 

I say if doing ridiculous things gets bigger crowds than your rivals (and some SL clubs) then maybe carry on being ridiculous? 

Just my opinion. 

You are linking the two points. Did they get a good crowd? Yes. Did they get the nonsense World Record - no, they missed by absolute miles. That is what people are referring to. Pretty much everyone is acknowledging that it was a decent crowd for Championship RL.

1 hour ago, JonM said:

You're right. If it had been Leigh, we'd have been up to 20 pages and it would've been locked.

Indeed - the paranoia is in overdrive. Fans love playing the victim. 

Bradford are really not that important to most people.