Whitehaven (A) round 7 - 26th march

Keep The Faith

Agreed. I thought Walshaw too as he was remonstrating with the ref. He maybe got it for pulling back a runner or a late tackle? And yes it was a chaotic last 60 seconds….needless too, though I did think it was a deliberate ball steal on Buchanan.

If that is correct about the 5 tackle set, that’s shocking. Almost a game changing moment as we lost our way for 5 minutes resulting in the try, and a few lost heads.

Deserved the win though. We are getting better, although our game management is not up to last years yet, understandably after losing Gilmore. Jimmy is looking better each week though, full of confidence and that conversion from the touchline was match winning.

Listened to the game on the radio sounded as if it was a real battle for both teams,and listening to the commentary didn't seem as tho the referee knew what he was doing, just to clear up what happened at the end of the game, apparently according to my source when the full time hooter went Buchanan had the ball in in his hands and the ball was stolen off him,apparently the ref blew, but then said play on, then lucas was penalised for a late shot, and sent to the bin! By then the ref didn't know what was happening lost the plot let  whitehaven play the penalty out and thankfully after all that, Batley won the game! and every one lived happily ever after! Apart from a few haven fans who say the ref was on our side all the game even tho he was only giving us 5 tackle sets😂

Edited by The scrim reaper
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Scrim...ref had fair game on the whole, remember it's a Cumbrian opinion on the radio! Walshaw was binned BEFORE the hooter and I didn't see anything wrong with the ball strip, I though then that it was poor in us letting it happen and giving them the chance. I thought the score flattered Whitehaven a bit, we commanded the field better and whatever opinions fans hold on the signing of Josh Woods he pepped up our positional kicking.

Highlights?  None v Halifax, none v WBH, none by Wednesday this week. As I said before the RFL video every game in case of disciplinary needs, they are then released to the clubs. After that I'm not sure of the channels yet BISSA must have easy access to have match DVD's by the following Sunday so who's job it is to pull out highlights I'm not sure, but have already seen Cougars/ Bulls and Broncos/Swinton this week.

Actually thought Radio Cumbria commentators were fine- a long way from the days of, I think it was a guy called Cox who could only ever see one team. These guys called out the ref when he got the tackle count wrong and Batley were unfairly treated by not being able to kick on the 6th tackle. They thought the pass to Kear was forward for his try but didn't make a big thing of it and conceded they were a long way away and the touch judge was on the spot. Not surprisingly they got confused at the end by who was sent to the bin. I'm still not sure who it was.

32 minutes ago, bromleybulldog said:

Actually thought Radio Cumbria commentators were fine- a long way from the days of, I think it was a guy called Cox who could only ever see one team. These guys called out the ref when he got the tackle count wrong and Batley were unfairly treated by not being able to kick on the 6th tackle. They thought the pass to Kear was forward for his try but didn't make a big thing of it and conceded they were a long way away and the touch judge was on the spot. Not surprisingly they got confused at the end by who was sent to the bin. I'm still not sure who it was.

I think the guy on the radio with the presenter was the wath brow coach, and he did give a fair assessment of the game, walshaw did get binned! Late shot apparently, as for highlights the whitehaven site have their 3 tries on there maybe we could get our tries off them if someone knows who to ask! 

Edited by The scrim reaper

On 26/03/2023 at 18:00, bromleybulldog said:

Though if DD says it was Walshaw, I'd believe him as he was there.

I think l was correct first time, Walshaw it was. And, he was sinbinned after the hooter went. His sin binning was the reason they received the penalty after Buchanan lost the ball, which occurred on the hooter. We only had to make the one tackle when we were down to 12.

9 hours ago, phildog said:

Scrim...ref had fair game on the whole, remember it's a Cumbrian opinion on the radio! Walshaw was binned BEFORE the hooter and I didn't see anything wrong with the ball strip, I though then that it was poor in us letting it happen and giving them the chance. I thought the score flattered Whitehaven a bit, we commanded the field better and whatever opinions fans hold on the signing of Josh Woods he pepped up our positional kicking.

Highlights?  None v Halifax, none v WBH, none by Wednesday this week. As I said before the RFL video every game in case of disciplinary needs, they are then released to the clubs. After that I'm not sure of the channels yet BISSA must have easy access to have match DVD's by the following Sunday so who's job it is to pull out highlights I'm not sure, but have already seen Cougars/ Bulls and Broncos/Swinton this week.

BISSA cannot have access until 48hrs after the game, as the RFL state this to all clubs. Copying onto dvds and usbs we do ourselves,with approval from the Club, from that point, as you say, they are then available at the next game.  We currently do not have the ability to edit the images, eg...highlights etc. 

Colinb.....BISSA 

Edited by BISSA...

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

1 hour ago, BISSA... said:

BISSA cannot have access until 48hrs after the game, as the RFL state this to all clubs. Copying onto dvds and usbs we do ourselves,with approval from the Club, from that point, as you say, they are then available at the next game.  We currently do not have the ability to edit the images, eg...highlights etc. 

Colinb.....BISSA 

People must think that because it’s there it should be put on straight away these people have other full time jobs from the game… it’s getting worse with certain peoples moaning it’s okay saying get volunteers but they also have to earn a slice of the crust these days clubs can’t afford a full time media manager 

• Like 3

As I intimated Colin I couldn't see it being BISSA's job to cut highlights and I already said that videos weren't made available until after any disciplinary usage ie 48 hours as you say. It's not people 'having a moan', not about BISSA  anyway. Going back to RogT's point about website and the response by one chap who maintains a number of websites for several clubs, do you reckon anyone will have contacted him for help? How many times has it dropped off over the last 2 or 3 seasons, always with a 'we're working on it'? Fans of other clubs search for it for info on games etc as well.

Edited by phildog
Spelling